Only geniuses can answer this

Only geniuses can answer this

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6/2(1+2)
purplemath.com/modules/orderops.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

9. pemdas

not hard...havent had a math class since high school....

go back to facebook u newfag nigger

are you idiots joking?

look at the pic bro... proof is right there

lmao youre either trolling or you really dont understand basic math
you dont have to do any of the stuff you did. order of operations idiot
parentheses first so 3
6/2 is 3
3x3=9
you honestly must be stupid

The answer is 420. Do you even math faggots?

man you are dumb... tell me what is 1 + 2? its 3. what is 2 times 3. its 6. now tell me what is 6 divided by six? ill let you answer this one...

Says the one who doesn't know the order of operation.

The order is: P.E.M.D.A.S. Parenthesis | Exponents | Multiplication | Division | Addition | Subtraction.

idiot you have to do the parethesis first. then division, then multiplication. learned this is 5th grade

it's 1 trust me newfags

either this thread is full of idiots or everyone who said 1 is baiting

You guys are fucking new fags, it's 1235813213354

you are just to dumb....

2(3) means 2 times 3 so 6

6 divided by 6 is 1.... come on now

4 8 15 16 23 42

only 12 year olds will be able to answer this

saying tan a shit ton of times isn't proof, drawing a right triangle isn't proof either.

1+2= (3)
6/2=3
3x3=9

im a fucking 9th grade math teacher in the US

division is just multiplication with numbers less 1

?=3/2
yes I am a genius

Then you're a shitty teacher showing the wrong order of operations. No wonder kids are idiots nowadays.

he doesnt get it. division and multi are interchangeable. you do whichever is first in the equation. math teacherfag again

Dear Black People,

I'm so sorry.

I owe you all reparations because every freedom that I have taken granted for my entire life has been made possible by wealth that my ancestors stole. I have benefited from this wealth that was stolen from you as have all of my ancestors, the ones that owned slaves and the ones that did not. All white people owe reparations because as a white person I sit on the pedestal of colonialism and slavery that built the wealth of not only this country but the whole European world.

Every opportunity and amnesty I have has been at the expense of all of my black and brown brothers and sisters around the world. Everything in this country is soaked and saturated with the blood of slavery and genocide. Even the times I have had to scrape for dollars in my life, I still bared the face of the slave masters. I know full well that even the homeless white man on the street corner is going to get more head nods and ham sandwiches than the black man across the street. So to every white person, no matter how little you got or you think you got, you owe money, I owe money. You owe them reparations right now and you will pay them right now, or we will take them from you.

I'm so sorry.

that stands for

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally

it has nothing to do with fucking math. it has to do with IBS. Sally didn't take the distributive property seriously.

She didn't multiply that 2(1+2) into (2+4) which made 6.

Then, once the laws were defined, she didn't divide 6 by 6 to get one.

I blame onions.

The order of operations is fundamentally wrong as a strict rule book and should be regarded as a guide into simple algebra

1. pemdas

The problem is poorly defined, and you're all faggots. Especially you, math teacher on Sup Forums at like 8 am on a Friday.

utter shit pal

most slaves were sold to "whitey" by their own tribal leaders in vast numbers, we already paid for em.

Then you need to be fired, you're lying to kids, whore.

this. fuck off op I didn't sign up for summer school

It's not that they are interchangeable, its that they are the same process notated in a different style to make it simpler to process.

This is why I have not used the division Symbol in the last 3 Years of studying mathematics. Division is not Associative.

In the order of operation Multiplication and Division have the same privilege, if the only remaining options are Multiplication and Division you solve from left to right, therefore- first you solve the (1+2) = 3, then 6/2 = 3 leaving you with 3(3) or 3*3 (for Sup Forums retards) = 9

THis

I just finished a math exam i got this.

Pemdas is wrong. I have no idea why people teach kids that you should do multiplication before division. You should always do division before multiplication.
I've heard some "professionals" state that you do nether first, but instead solve it from left to right. But that's fucking equivalent to doing division before multiplication.
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6/2(1+2)

The real problem can be simplified to your acoustic minds like this

6/2(1+2)
6 * 0.5 * (1+2) (6/2 is a simplified way of showing 6 * (1/2) which is 6 * 0.5)
Working left to right

6 * 0.5 * (1+2)
\ / \ /
3 * 3

3*3
\ /

they are the same fucking thing dumbass

What are the same fucking thing?

multiplication and division. the same can be said about addition and subtraction.

Onions and diet soda

Yeah, I get that, but then you have to do it left to right, and then it becomes exactly what I wrote. Try reading it again dude

MORONS... HELLO... ARE YOU THERE?
If you're truly strict about PEDMAS then the number you're multiplying by should be moved to the far left: 3*6/2 which is STILL FUCKING NINE!

but you wouldn't have to do division first at all if you convert everything to multiplication.
The only reason division exists is because its simpler to divide in your head than multiply by a non natural number.

>The only reason division exists is because its simpler to divide in your head than multiply by a non natural number.
I couldn't agree more.
But if you're not gonna do division first, neither do it left to right, then OP's problem can be equal to 1.

You got baited.

the amount of retardation on Sup Forums is the only thing that keeps me from killing myself

"P.E.D.M.A.S" is fucking wrong, it should be "(P>E)>(DM)>(AS)"
Multiplication and division should always be done left to right, same as addition and subtraction.
Therefore, PEDMAS could also be written "PEMDSA" or "PEDMSA", plz, lrn2math already.

This is true

or just make it not fucking exist.

6/2×(2+1)=
3/3=

6 is on top of the deviding line while 2×(2+1) is at the bottom of the deviding line.
2×(2+1)=6 that means that it is 6/6=1

The way I was taught was to make it simple, do the work for parenthesis then exponents then treat it as a simple math problem, my teacher HATED PEDMAS because of the fact that it wasn't a rule.

this
/bread

if there is a parenthesis you dont draw out the x ( or times) therefore it says 6/ 2x(1+3)

2x3= 6

6/6= 1

no because if you do the parenthesis it turns out to be 3
so then it would be
6 / 2 * 3 or
6 * 0.5 * 3
3 * 3

6/2(1+2)
6/2(3)
3(3)
Answer is 9

It's fucking 9 you American retards. I'm glad I found this thread because I thought I was retarded at math but now I feel better after seeing the American school system at work. You all do everything backwards like idiots.

rediscovering arithmetic 101..
Or less formally:
Fun with integers.

you guys construe this as if that is how the problem is presented but it wasn't because when reformed into a 1 line equation it would look like 6 / (2(1+2)) because the divisor and dividend in any division problem have hidden parenthesis when pictured as a fraction.

im american and ive been the only one besides the teacher proving these retards wrong

BODMAS
Brackets
Orders
Multiplication
Division
Addition
Subtraction

Always in this order.

I got it :(

more or less just a guide into algebra and not a rule

No it doesn't
MAKE IT SIMPLE, always complex to simple in math. Once you get rid of the parenthesis it becomes simple math to be done left to right.

You have superior genes and DNA.

>BODMAS
>(B)rackets,(O)rders,(M)ultiplication

That's bom not bod. ISIS confirmed.

^^ Proof for all of the Ameritards

yeah,
6 / 2 * 3
3*3
6 / (2(1+2)) is what the anons from
said
There is no being on top of the dividing line because there was no horizontal line to begin with.

purplemath.com/modules/orderops.htm
Laws of math bitches.

Yay! :)

your proof?

the triangle convinced me

What the actual FUCK?
I want to know who taught
to break down a math problem like that and shoot them in the fucking kneecap!

I thought 1, but the answer is indeed 9. Google told me.

it's because order of operations is: BEDMAS

Brackets
Exponents (to the power of)
Division
Multiplication
Addition
Subtraction.

Brackets: 1 + 2 = 3
Exponents: N/A
Division: 6 / 2 = 3
Multiplication: 3 x 3 = 1
Addition: N/A
Subtraction: N/A

the triangle is fucking retarded.

division and multiplication is same priority hence you do math from left to right when it comes to this, same for addition and subtraction

division and multiplication are the same thing in a different format so they have the same priority

See answer is 1

agreed 6:2x3=1

lucky trips but you are wrong

He said 3 x 3 = 1.

I got 3, lost interest halfway through.

I can't believe this thread lmao
It's 1 because 2(1+2) is the whole parentheis and then it is 6/6 = 1
Simple as shit, but as always in this threads there is 50/50 who get it right and the others who try to deceive the normal people kek

>3 x 3 = 1
You're correct besides the typo but I still lol'd