What happen to the world?

What happen to the world?

Volcano?

Meteor?

Nuclear winter?

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.movies.yahoo.com/motorbike-fans-anger-after-itv4-screens-the-wrong-road-movie-084329212.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1883_eruption_of_Krakatoa
youtube.com/watch?v=EUHRL2OhpiM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_impactor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theia_(planet)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Solar flare.

Syrian refugees. It's strongly imblied.

Thread/

It's left out because it doesn't matter, the focus is surviving.

Islam

Hillary became president.

Lena Dunham queef

Is the child being really annoying intentional?

well, they were going for realism, so yeah.

Bane posting reached critical mass.

Weapons of mass distration

the absolute state of that

Several things.
>1. Yellowstone eruption in the US
>2. While disabled, Russia and China attack the US, taking advantage of its weakened state
>3. All out war ensues with Europe and the world goes to complete shit

what the fuck am i looking at

>just put your face between my legs and get licking shitlord. Who cares if it smells bad hehe

>“It was so amazing because it was like he looked at me and he determined I was not the shape of a woman by his standards,” she said. “He was like, ‘That’s a marshmallow. That’s a child. That’s a dog.’ It wasn’t mean — he just seemed confused.”

>“The vibe was very much like, ‘Do I want to f**k it? Is it wearing a … yep, it’s wearing a tuxedo. I’m going to go back to my cell phone.’ It was like we were forced to be together, and he literally was scrolling Instagram rather than have to look at a woman in a bow tie. I was like, ‘This should be called the Metropolitan Museum of Getting Rejected by Athletes.’”

Just what did she mean by this?

a relatively nebulous blob of fat...more stomach than tits. dyed hair. celebrated child molester and feminist.

meteor

even yellowstone couldn't do that much damage worldwide

/thread

This, there was ships washed up on the shores

There's a bit in the book, if I remember correctly, about bathtubs being filled with water. This was something I believe civilians were advised to do in the event of nuclear catastrophe. It's not enough evidence on its own but a fair detail to ponder.

i felt like it was strongly implied that it definitely was a natural disaster, not something that humans caused

If a meteor of any considerable size ever hit us, say goodbye to humans and virtually everything else. Even if the impact didn't kill us with tsunamis and earthquakes, the the amount of dirt and dust knocked up into the atmosphere would. Nuclear winter without the nukes.

the bathtub scene was also in the movie

lol no

you're not thinking about the entire picture. on top of the earthquakes and tsunamis, the nigger riots would bring the world to its knees.

funny this thread should come up just as this story did:

uk.movies.yahoo.com/motorbike-fans-anger-after-itv4-screens-the-wrong-road-movie-084329212.html

13% of the population?

>nigger riots
>bringing the world to its knees

lol no

Who the fuck put a wig on Rich Evans?

What do you mean "lol no"? Quit being a faggot and explain your position. A meteor strike is the only thing left that could really, properly destroy us. You could say the Sun expanding would also be the end of us, but by then, given we're still a thing, we would have long left earth.

/Thread

read the fucking book, it's HIGHLY implied it was a volcanic eruption

How can a volcano cause a tsunami?

not only that but trillions of tons of rock and debris would get blasted into a sub-orbital trajectory until it all falls back to earth over a couple days. The friction of all that shit going through atmospheric re-entry would superheat the air to the point where spontaneous fires would break out all over the world.
The impact could happen in the middle of the South Pacific and the USA would still be burnt to hell and blanketed by ash (along with the rest of the world that wasn't annihilated in the impact zone)

i was joking to stir shit up, and i'm very disappointed in both of you for not taking the bait. if there really was an event that shut down the world's economy and means of food distribution like that, there would be no law. like the movie portrays. people would be doing whatever it took to survive, regardless of ethnicity.

your stupid

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1883_eruption_of_Krakatoa

worse, internet went down. anarchy!

How can a meteor cause earthquakes ten years after impact, like in The Road?

and to answer your question, sometimes a volcanic eruption near the ocean can cause a huge collapse that turns into a landslide, which then falls into the ocean and creates a mega tsunami.

>He was like
>The vibe was very much like
>It was like
>I was like

I hate that.

I regularly go weeks without the internet and it barely bothers me at all. I miss Sup Forums and a few other sites, but I generally don't care.

yeah, it was a joke. check 1,2 is this thing on..

The dust cloud from a super volcano/large meteor would kick up enough dirt to fuck with farms world wide. Famine would lead to "nigger riots" and large amounts of corpses which breed disease and plague.

Because there is a huge hole in the Earths crust causing the tectonic plates the be out of sync.

Your sarcasm is poor.

White people finally destroyed the earth

If you think he was being serious then it was satire.

a solar flare will fuck us up royally if the earth's magnetic poles start to flip (North becomes South). The earth's electromagnetic field will be weak as fuck for like 100 years, and all our electronics will get fried. No more internet

das racist

white men status: BTFO

Really makes you think

Ships could have washed up on shore or beached themselves from other means. Abandoned at sea, dislodged from harbors, people trying to live on them and dying out.

It wasn't no solar flare, you fucking newfag idiot.

On a God damn freeway?

Jesus Christ, these millennials are beyond saving.

I didn't actually think he was being serious, I was just bringing up a point about how the internet really isn't that important when you have other stuff in your life.

From the way it was said I actually thought it was some kid trying to make a joke. It wasn't a very funny joke, but that's what it looked like to me. Like a comment you'd see on YouTube or something.

>post-apocalypse
>boats
I think we know who is to blame.

What is a meteor hit the bottom of the ocean?

Autism: the post

I think you'll be fine if you are indoors and not by a window when it hits.

meteor: All they say about it in the book is
>"A long shear of light and then a series of low concussions."
as they watch blazing fires out their window.

The low concussions could have been from the orbital debris impacting ground nearby, and the fires could have started from said debris burning through the atmosphere and landing explosively on vegetation / structures

>that that

I never said it was, faggot. Just talking about something that is inevitably going to happen in the real world soon

it would cut through all the water like nothing and make a deep ass hole in the ocean floor, blasting rocks and shit everywhere just like it would if it impacted on land

youtube.com/watch?v=EUHRL2OhpiM

We'd all be fucked, and there really isn't much else to it. Pretty much everything on earth would die.

Lel

Stop watching History Channel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_impactor

This would happen.

We get hit by meteors daily, but they're all too small to even survive the stratosphere etc

A meteor big enough to hit us would get spotted straightaway, and we'd have plenty of time to prepare or build missiles that could destroy it so only smaller pieces hit us.

A meteor of that size would be the end of everything, would have to be half the size to be survivable.

only for a few hundred million years
then life... finds a way

reminder that the earth survived a collision with a planet the size of mars

/thread

maybe. I doubt our detection facilities are that perfect.

It happened 65 million years ago

Hillary Clinton was made president. Movie takes place roughly 3-4 days after the inauguration

That's surprising, when did it occur?

4 billion years ago

>The man is Trump and the boy is Barron
It all makes sense now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theia_(planet)

Our telescopes are extremely powerful and we could detect an object moving closer to us. All we'd need is a few months of prep tims.

Ah so before life really was anything, if anything an impact like that may have caused life to exist assuming the water came from said rock/knocked us into the perfect orbit. I bet if something like that happened again we'd be knocked into an orbit that's either too close or too far for life to happen again.

They are. It wouldn't be something we spot and then have a week to prepare for, like these disaster movies portray. We'd see something very large was on a collision course with Earth, and then have years upon years to prepare for it.

>Asteroid heading towards us
>Immediately get to work on a satellite/probe
>Arm the fucker with remote detention nukes
>Plant it nicely on said asteroid
>Blow it the fuck up

Done.

>A meteor big enough to hit us would get spotted straightaway
that's what they want you to think. There are just so many places to search in the night sky, and incoming meteors are pretty dark / tiny and hard to spot until they've already made it too-close-for-comfort.

Do you think we could destroy something the size of mars reliably?

not him but fuck no, mars is a fucking planet

and if something the size of mars hit earth both planets would be obliterated

No wed most likely just move the earth a bit out of the way

The size of Mars? Fuck no! Are you high, nigga? Mars is enormous. We're talking asteroids, not fucking planets.

Earth wouldn't be obliterated but we would.

nigga i'll be on mars

yea and ITT anons mentioned that earth was struck by some such asteroid the size of mars so it theoretically could happen again.

I think we'd notice if a planet started to go on a collision course with Earth
And that's pretty much impossible now that the Solar System has been in equilibrium for more than 4 billion years

The earth would be a broken, masshapen, molten craggy mess surrounded by incredible amounts of molten craggy debris originating from both itself and the other planet it was impacted by.
Over millions of years it would all coalesce into one main planet again, and the high-orbiting debris would make a belt (like Saturn) that would eventually combine with the moon

>>Asteroid heading towards us
>>Immediately get to work on a satellite/probe
>>Arm the fucker with remote detention nukes
>>Plant it nicely on said asteroid
>>Blow it the fuck up

Then instead of one big-ass rock, Earth is impacted by hundreds of medium-sized chunks, each large enough to cause catastrophic damage.
The nukes would have to be placed and detonated in such a manner as to redirect the course of the asteroid enough to miss Earth (and the moon), not "blow it the fuck up".

>Stuck by an asteroid the size of Mars

Nevermind saying goodbye to Humans, you can say goodbye to Earth if something the size of Mars hit us.