Shitposting aside, this country is a literal toilet, with a list of problems a mile long

Shitposting aside, this country is a literal toilet, with a list of problems a mile long.

Please somebody help us.

Other urls found in this thread:

theage.com.au/victoria/exdetective-was-driving-tanker-in-nagambie-blaze-20120929-26t2u.html
st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2010/06/1970-chevrolet-el-camino-SS396-top-view.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=DDAy1svScko
domain.com.au/news/surgeons-not-nurses-more-likely-to-use-negative-gearing-20160215-gmv195/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How bad is the drought? Thinking about moving there and starting a Aquaponic business. 99.9% water efficiency to grow whatever as well as get a ton of Tilapia.

*BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN**BOIN*

Nationally? Not as bad as it was 15 years ago

>SA State government builds desal plant at height of drought
>Finished just as drought comes to an end
>Now too expensive to operate because there's plenty of fresh water, mothballed, millions of dollars down the drain

Some towns have really bad water issues though, especially Broken Hill and the surrounding areas

I watched a video of a dude in Australia and there were just kangaroos hopping around on the road as he was driving.
It was pretty surreal, didn't know they were so in your face and visible all the time. At least here, deer only jump in the road rarely and at night.

That fish is illegal here.

Yeah out in regional areas they're everywhere, especially around twilight

It's really dangerous too, they'll jump in front of a car without warning

My friend just wrecked his 2006 Subaru because of a deer doing exactly that last night. Sad times.

Where I live there's a country club and they are just there looking at you from the golf course. They don't care and will happily jump in front of cars doing 80km/h or more trying to get to the other part of the golf course.

DEAR AUSTRALIA

PLEASE SEND UTES

FUCK I LOVE ME A SEXY UTES

BUT WE DONT HAVE THEM HERE

OR ANYWHERE

FUCKING WHY?

Apparently you can get them in the states. I can't remember if I ever saw one or something similar.

You've made your bed, now you have to get bit by a spider in it.

You might be thinking of the Pontiac G8, which was a rebadged Holden Commodore... but to the best of my knowledge they only ever sold the 4-door version, never the ute.

I wish I could import a ute but goddamn shitposting Aussies have to drive on the goddamn wrong side of the goddamn road which makes things a little more goddamn complicated.

>Aussies have to drive on the goddamn wrong side of the goddamn road

No, you're driving on the wrong side of the road.

theage.com.au/victoria/exdetective-was-driving-tanker-in-nagambie-blaze-20120929-26t2u.html

Generally speaking they will run alongside the vehicle especially trucks then at the last second as you start to leave it behind will jump in front. My dad was a truckie for 40 years and he learned a long time ago to just drop it into a low gear and rev th shit out fo the truck or you might get tipped. Especially big reds, sometimes they kills truckies cause they jump up and go through the windscreen at 80kms per hour

Damn. Is the Chevrolet El Camino style coming back?

This is the classic.
st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2010/06/1970-chevrolet-el-camino-SS396-top-view.jpg

This one is an updated version of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=DDAy1svScko

Ironically most people in the country love you're "trucks" F100s. 150s all the way to 750s are very popular in the bush.

>this country is a literal toilet, with a list of problems a mile long.

Indeed:

> Labor leadership spill, 2013
> Liberal leadership spill, 2015
> Collapse of the two-party system
> Greens to take control circa 2017

That is the order of things.

>Watch River Monsters
>Host does an episode in Australia
>Inflatable boat gets bitten and deflated by a tiger shark
>Grouper pulls his thumb protection off and removes a slice of flesh from his thumb and gets away anyway
>He finds an Aussie who was stranded two days on a deserted island and about to die of dehydration and was trying to drink turtle eggs or some shit
>Gets stung by a box jellyfish
>ALL IN ONE EPISODE
It was the best episode ever.

I will take up arms if the Greens ever take control.

You might be a filthy NEET.

I'm a Civil Engineer and I'm doing quite well!

>Greens ever taking control.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Fuck me mate i hope you're joking.

Too be honest though, i kinda do wish the Greens could come to power and get all of their legislation passed just so people can see how deadly their policies would be for the country.

If the Greens ever take power it'll be on the left and Scott Ludlam on the right.

It would be the most worthwhile thing to do in life anyway.

Greens will not win by 2017 you pleb

100% Donkey votes inc

>Be Canadian in AUS
>visiting friends
>go to a bar, friends tell me to drink as much as we can or there will be lock out hours
>too many people, lots of trannies, dykes, homos, arab(white wannabe) annoying fucks
>talk to a cute aussie girl about politics
>cant even answer a simple question about politics but "dont be a cunt, you cant think like that blah blah"
>bar closes at 12

Seriously this place fucking sucks, let alone the disgusting PC you guys got here

>One attempted to venture Australia on a missionary with aid and, food, medicine, and clothes
>One's boat gets turned away at the harbour
>As one's boat is sailing away, oneself glanced back to see a big chap with a hat on looking smug
>The man started laughing manically and screamed "FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL!".
What peculiar chaps.

DUDE

I will get russia to nuke us if those fucking hippies win.

Would still rather live in Oz than the UK. Can't wait to emigrate.

>Toilet

Righto m9, maybe you should get a passport and travel. you might think differently. Australian NEETs are actually the worst kind because they have no excuse

>This.

Sure, things may be getting bad here but compared to Europe with the Refugee crisis and the Muslims or the US with the Mexicans and niggers, we actually have it quite well.

>ageing anti-science hippies

Greens will suffer this election, they'll lose Senators around the country. Fingers crossed by 2030 they'll have been relegated to one seat status.

Bullshit, whenever I follow a AUS girl on instagram that is more or less hot, she is literally adopting nig nogs and propagating lefty bullshit and how Europe is so great for having such a liberal mindset.

I even remember some aussie girls losing their shit about PEGIDA and posting "refugee welcome banners"

You remember the aussie tv series Spartacus? The torpedo titties girl literally adopted a nig nog and married a cuck

>pic related

Ah, the token manchild with a southern cross tattoo chimes in.

What perplexes me is how can anyone support a government that literally fucked up everything they touched in this term? Seriously, everything they do is against your best interest, even for a LNP shill like yourself. But you can't see that, because you are trapped inside your little edgy meme bubble.

Man, I'm crossing my fingers that by 2030 we will have had a major reactionary uprising and the Greens will have been outlawed for promoting Marxian ideals.

my hope is that chinks and redpilled whites can unite to form a nationalist authoritarian party like PAP in Singapore and put the Greens in prison.

>ageing anti-science hippies

Anti-science? Really? Guess who is fucking up CSIRO right now? Stop smoking meth dickhead.

>le enlightened millenial

remember goy, just remove negative gearing and raise company tax and all your problems will be solved...

Nice strawman retard

Greens are anti GMO (Di Natale is trying to change this mind you) and anti nuclear. They're not a progressive party. They're a party of 60's hippies that never grew up + a protest vote.

If you vote Greens you're a fucking retard and I hope Mohammed rapes you and your partner on the way back from picking up his centrelink

>He went to Sydney

Wouldn't be too dissimilar to what's at home for you.

>I believe the tax payer should prop up my failed investments

If your investment runs at a loss you are a failure of a businessman, not a genius because the rest of us keep you afloat.
Only people who get a slide on this are farmers, and the family farmer is nonexistent now anyway.

>tax breaks are the same as handouts

get a load of this guy

> They're not a progressive party.

And the LNP is? Or Labor? Get the fuck out of here. All these cunts are doing is playing a tennis match in parliament, just so they can win points at the next election, meanwhile not giving a flying fuck about this country.

Did I imply that? Why are you so defensive of your anti-science hippie party?

>investment runs at loss
>claim loss as a tax offset
>gov lets me pay less in tax because boohoo my investment lost me money
>money in my pocket beaise gov feels sorry for me
>not welfare

So who do I vote for in the Double Dish Desu?

>tfw Lib Dems seem somewhat sane

>more of my money remains in my own pocket instead of going to abos and weed smoking teenagers
>welfare

Australia is the only noncucked western country. Be proud lads.

And why are you so defensive of the status quo?

Am I?

>noncucked

>let our government ban real guns
>let Chinese fifth-columnists buy up huge swathes of land, both rural and urban
>have laws that literally completely protect shitskins from criticism
>have had a female prime minister
lol

>negative right = a positive action

No rational person can consider a tax offset a handout.

>take financial risk
>fail
>whine
>gov gives cuts me a check and gives me a supportive pat on the bum
>whine some more because other people get a supportive pat and cut check
>whine in general because I'm a total yobbo

I swear at this point you could drop three Anzacs and Simpsons donkey in Perth and they'd be drinking stubbies in kirribilly house within a month, having conquered this continent o whiny tools. We're as bad as the British now

>Used to be like this
>Thought Australia was shit
>Went to the US

I wanted to go and see the Space Shuttle and the SR-71 in DC, so I decided to go to Cali, road trip up to Washington, then fly to DC and back to Australia over the Christmas break with a girl I know.

America is a fucking nightmare.

People always have this constant sneering look, people are so damn fucking entitled, the blacks and spics are literally some of the worst people I've ever met on this planet, hell I nearly got robbed by one, and 50% of the people I met were either Bernie supporters or Hillary supporters.

Nobody actually is happy with what they have. Some people didn't actually want to walk on the beach without a pair of thongs on because the sand is "hot". The University people were the most entitled.

The least cucked person I met there was an ex Navy Seal (DEVGRU) who taught me how to fire rifles and gave me some life lessons.

How the fuck do you Americans stand it? Even the fucking people at cafes acted like uptight fucks when you asked them for a coffee and biscuit.

When it's to offset the personal burden of your own failed financial risk, it's a handout

>only get money returned because of my own failure
>not welfare

This is the sound of people who played monopoly with the banks money and are whinging because their failure is about to catch up with them.

I cannot fucking wait

>They're not a progressive party. They're a party of 60's hippies that never grew up + a protest vote

The Greens are worse than that, they have no coherent ideology or theory. They are internationlists in favour of open borders (thereby unfettered population growth), but claim at the same time to be the most environmentally-minded party

Their NSW branch are inner-city Marxists, while their Tasmanian branch are tree-hugging hippies

>Herculaneum (bar/inn joined to the maritime baths); 10675: Two friends were here. While they were, they had bad service in every way from a guy named Epaphroditus. They threw him out and spent 105 and half sestertii most agreeably on whores.

Gonna need you to link one of those IG and it shouldn't be a problem since you make it sound like it is a common thing.

>I even remember some aussie girls losing their shit about PEGIDA and posting "refugee welcome banners"

The vast majority of people in this country don't even know who Pegida is and i would bet my balls that this tiny but vocal minority is exactly that, a vocal minority from some progressive club at a University.

>What perplexes me is how can anyone support a government that literally fucked up everything they touched in this term?
>Implying i support our current government because i hate the Greens.

Nice work you stupid cunt.

>Seriously, everything they do is against your best interest, even for a LNP shill like yourself

Show me where i voiced support for the LNP you shit cunt.

That's California for you

Americans are a strange, rude people filled with distrust and hate of others. I can only spend a few days on vacation down there before i have to head back home. Can't stand it too much.

it's only a handout if the government appropriates the money from consolidated revenue and puts it in your bank account.

I'm not even shilling in favour of negative gearing, I'm just saying that it's completely illogical to call it a handout

> Show me where i voiced support for the LNP you shit cunt.

Well then. Who do you support? Spill the beans, champ. Are you a leftie unionist Labor scum, or are you a rightwing LNP shill? Something tells me it's not the former.

Senpai, that was California, Washington, AND DC.

Although I have to admit, the SR-71 is cool as fuck and the Space Shuttle is actually physically intimidating when you get to look at it. Like staring a dragon in the snout or something.

Also, the LAPD are based from what I saw of them. Surprisingly nice to foreigners.

Yeah, it's like I was a suspiciously well read CIA agent with a very prominent Russian accent to those people.

One even asked me if we actually have kangaroos in the cities.

>what is a tax return

You can bunker your ideology behind a wall of semantics but the wealthy love their handouts just as much as the destitute

It's not semantics, it's actually recognising the difference between a positive act and an omission.

By your logic people paying in the lower brackets of tax are getting a 'handout' because people with higher incomes have to pay a higher rate.

I support neither party as they will both fuck you over but in different ways.

I'll help you but only if you give me citizenship within the next month along with a free pass to stick my cock in any kangaroo at any time.
contact me: [email protected]

For starters, we have people who are claiming that the country is in trouble... yet don't take the time to elaborate on specific issues to form the basis of a discussion.

Also, those who misuse the term 'literal' for emphasis rather than it's true purpose which is for disambiguation. I'm pretty sure you don't mean that Australia is purely a vessel designed to collect and channel excrement.

>conflating the understood needs o the state with the whingig woe-is-me of the barely wealthy

Paying tax proportional to your income because a healthy, educated child will be more productive to society, or because a well fed delinquent won't rob me is not the same as comping some nob who bought when the market was high and is running a loss on a 30 year old house

We've been making utes for about 70 years, but Ford oz finished up production this year and Holden (GM) next year.
RIP utes. RIP Australian auto industry.

>Paying tax proportional to your income because a healthy, educated child will be more productive to society, or because a well fed delinquent won't rob me is not the same as comping some nob who bought when the market was high and is running a loss on a 30 year old house

not an argument

BASED

Stay mad major party cucks when you can keep a leader for more than a term then you can speak,

>Supports nothing

Yeah great solutions mate, i think while you do nothing you should also fill a tub full of water then breathe it in for 10 minutes while actual adults try to fix the problem.

> I support neither party
Mhm. Who did you vote for last time and who will you vote for this time?

do kangaroos come in your backyard?

>62k in the bank
>Still can't afford a deposit on a one person unit 30minutes from sydney
I'm at the point of debating moving country.

>not an argument

this is an average Australian male now

Cannot. Fucking. Wait.

>the wealthy use negative gearing.
"Most taxpayers claiming rental losses against tax earn less than $100,000, with the biggest concentration earning between $30,000 and $80,000."

domain.com.au/news/surgeons-not-nurses-more-likely-to-use-negative-gearing-20160215-gmv195/

The highest benefits are around $4000 for surgeons who pay 50c in the $1 in tax already. They are not getting a check back in any scenario dipstick. Most likely getting a 6 figure tax bill.

>domain.com
>not even slightly biased in the face of a correction in the property market

Are we pretending that income tax is some lump sum we pay at the end of the year or something here?

>Mhm. Who did you vote for last time and who will you vote for this time?

It doesn't matter who i vote for as i live in a very safe Labor seat.

>Say i don't support any of the 2 major parties obviously implies that i don't support any Politician.

Are you Autistic mate?

>Australian wildlife

> someone who hasn't made more then 50k a year...
All makes sense now. For people who make more than you we get a tax bill and not a refund after we submit our tax return.

still not an argument

GOOD GOY!!

how much is a deposit usually? As in percentage of the total cost

>Hasn't named a party or politician yet...

I bet you support family first or some meme teir shit like that if anything at all.

20% is the normal deposit, though some banks will let you go to 15% if you can prove you're in a stable work environment.
Being that 1person units 30mins from the city(literal boxes with a stove and washing machine) cost around $500k->$600k.
I want to die.

>I swear when I finish my commerce degree this is how the world works

I woulda given you the benefit of the doubt at over 100k but you can earn fifty a year with full time bar work.

What were you expecting going into that kind of bar?

>Sydney

Right wing idiot put up lock out laws.

Come down to BASED Melbourne next time

what suburbs are you looking at?

Like Burwood and places like that?

ive had to choke out, shoot, or bleed out many road kill kangaroos

Fine an argument

People using negative gearing are, I think we can concede when compared to
The growth of personal debt in this country, not investing in a home, nor are they investimg in a service that benefits society. They are buying and selling debt and taking the profit.

so the tax payer should not be force to subsidise the risks, the gambles of other Australians who through their actions are in fact making it more difficult for the average citizen to acquire a basic need.

Also if you don't think its the subsidise game of debt hot potato that is attracting the Asians to buy everything up, your fucked in the head

Not buying a 3 bedroom torrens title towny further out for the same money...

I converted my 2 car garage into a flat that paid for itself in 3.5 years. Relative rents out another room and I have the main with ensuite. Bought a unit in Liverpool with the capital before the big surge and made 25% gains in a year. More than one way to get into property...

I don't necessarily disagree with you, my original point was that abolishing negative gearing isn't some silver bullet that will magically put hundreds of thousands of people within range of buying real estate

That's just meme tier shit that's sold to millenials and their idiot middle-aged enablers.

The primary factor in causing housing prices to skyrocket was when Howard reduced the CGT on property by 50% in 1999.

In 1960, the average house price was 1.6x the median household income and today it is 5.6x. 5.1x is considered to be unaffordable.

Still rocking that dead horse... When I made 50000 a few years ago I got a return of a few hundred. I make triple that now and pay back tax over the top of PAYG. How is this going over your head still?

What's funny is that you are so hurt over a 4k tax benefit at its highest extreme with negative gearing (when they are already paying 200k worth of tax) when lower - middle class families get 17k worth of childcare benefits alone. Add on top family tax benefits etc.

Why mad at a way of people getting ahead mate? Look back in the 80s when negative gearing was killed the first time. That fucked the economy so hard the legislation was repealed very soon after.

I'll miss you fuckers if Hillary takes office.

I think the faggots that complain about living in 'Straya are mostly city dwellers or shitskins. Get out into the bush, go hiking, or surfing. It's a gorgeous place, senpai.

> It doesn't matter who i vote for as i live in a very safe Labor seat.
Predictably dodges the question. A Young Liberal Movement tier response.