Macklemore Exposed

You're now aware that the hit with over 1 billion youtube views that made Macklemore explode in popularity was ripped off straight from a black homosexual rapper with only 3 millions views.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nrnq4SZ0luc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
youtube.com/watch?v=x4iBBfEHNaE
youtube.com/watch?v=6q5Gwb82UFI
youtube.com/watch?v=29UMACdfyZw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrift_Shop#Charts_and_certifications
theguardian.com/music/2016/may/23/kanye-west-lawsuit-new-slaves-sample
youtube.com/watch?v=aUBzGKpHGAY
youtube.com/watch?v=IEq_pty_tbk
youtu.be/SPhsSzfAoBA?t=1m24s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can Sup Forums give me some artists who are "industry plants" and why they are? generally interested if you have some info on it.

>only 3 millions views.

>white "rappers"

macklemore, thrift shop
youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

le1f, wut

>homosexual "rappers"

youtube.com/watch?v=x4iBBfEHNaE

So what? The music industry thrives on plagiarism. Are we really gonna pretend ice ice baby isnt a thousamd times better than that queen song?

lol wtf? I thought boypussy was just a Sup Forums meme

No, its a gay culture thing.

lmao that video is fucking hilarious. That beat is actually decent too

how can white people keep getting away with it?

Wait, did you actually believe that any of the top "pop" artists writes their own music? If so, did you actually believe that the team of writers who writes for the pop stars isnt plagiarizing themselves? You must be delusional mate.

I love how fucking gay the beat sounds. True boipussikino

hey macklemore...whatchya doin?

Sounds nothing alike

I hope you're trolling. Are you deaf?

yeah this is well known

>original song has 3 million views
>rip off has 1 billion
>"yeah this is well known"

I think it's disgusting when women twerk but these dudes I can get into. Am I gay?

>Am I gay?
If by get into it you mean appreciate the dance skill no, if you mean get turned on than yeah, or bisex.

now this is the ultimate gay test:
youtube.com/watch?v=6q5Gwb82UFI
ps: the "girl" isnt even a tranny, just a dude with makeup on

Im straight as an arrow and id fuck that creature

>Im straight as an arrow
>id fuck that creature
hmmmm

srs tho
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Courtney is A CUTE!

another privileged straight caucasian stealing a marginalized queer person of color. this needs to stop!

this but unironically

kys yourself

chance, vince staples, odd future, kendrick

>yeah i love when big labels rip off smaller artists

you should be thankful a big label took this track and turned it into something way better

thrift shop >>> wut

people who prefer the original can still listen to it, it's not like ripping off erases what they took from

youtube.com/watch?v=29UMACdfyZw

>muh heritage
disguting

Is it safe to assume Ryan Lewis is the man behind macks success?

that's fucking tragic

irish here. im officially triggered

I'll say it again: THEY SOUND NOTHING LIKE EACH OTHER

it's official then: you have zero musical awareness

leif version is significantly less annoying but they are equally gay tbqh

>vince staples

explain this one to me fampai

the issue isn't appropriating someone else's work, it's not crediting them for it. If you use someone elses shit, cool, just make sure they get a credit otherwise it's theft.

OH SHIT. I forgot about this. This beat straight fire, even if it as a rip off from Wayne (IIRC).

You're missing the point entirely.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrift_Shop#Charts_and_certifications

Look at how many sales this made, whether it was album sales or streams. How much money do you think Macklemore made off of this and how much of that money do you think Le1f saw?

it's official then: you have zero musical awareness

kanye and drake do all the time, deal with it, grandpa

the cool kids take shit from the less cool losers and no one cares. thats called life sweety

>youtube.com/watch?v=Nrnq4SZ0luc
how do people even understand what the hell he is saying? is it some kind of speech that only black people can comprehend?

patrician taste

It does sound a little bit alike. Skip to the middle of Le1f's Wut. Compare that synth melody to the sax or whatever that's playing in Thrift Shop. Similar melodies and sounds.

But that's where the similarities end, I think.

Kanye literally got sued for that.

theguardian.com/music/2016/may/23/kanye-west-lawsuit-new-slaves-sample

Just because people do it often doesn't mean it's right, and I say that as a kanye fan. If you're really enough of a bootlicker to defend millionaires stealing music from indie/obscure artists then I think you should stop consuming art.

Okay, I agree that there are some similarities (particularly at 1:46) but both of the songs seem boringly basic so it's hard to say they copied it imo.

Who the fuck is Macklemore?

the only good white rapper besides eminem

holy fucking cringe

shouldnt you be blaming ryan lewis instead of macklemore?

true. macklemore isnt even a real musician, just some dude who talks into a mic

both songs suck

Eyedea? Atmosphere?

literally whos

the black g-eazy

The white Danny Brown, but because he's white people don't give him the credit he deserves

this is hilarious

3Teeth and Youth Code.

3Teeth because of the out of touch mishmash of Sup Forums hacker culture, indie hipster looks, cyberpunk, and Goth...and because they're from LA and toured with Tool less than a few years after forming.

Youth Code because who the fuck can afford to be an active part of a DIY punk scene in LA without a lot of fucking money?

thanks to Macklemore this thread was made and I got introduced to a pretty cool musician. I would have never heard of Le1f had he not been ripped off.

youtube.com/watch?v=aUBzGKpHGAY
this is dope

>being this much of a pleb

Macklemore has some appeal, the whole "Wayne but he kicked his habit" shtick did a bunch for him. Never count out the popularity of white rappers simply on skin tone. But Ryan Lewis is a really solid producer.

>people on mu just now hearing about Le1f

i mean hes shit but wow im old

>But Ryan Lewis is a really solid producer.
except this thread pretty much exposed him for blatant plagiarism

How? Because the beat is somewhat similar? If anything that's Ryan Lewis' fault, not Macklemore.

I've heard similar production to both of these many other times as well, it isn't that original.

>people actually defending a nigger faggot
>on Sup Forums
what happened?

You forgot lil ugly mane

they sound nothing alike

SOPHIE did great work on this

nigga please

>what happened?

You left Sup Forums

The Macklemore one has a melody that's actually pleasing rather than repeatedly blasting the same note than finishing the bar with a note a third higher.

Why are so many black people so desperate to call racism for their lack of real ingenuity?

Also no wonder a song about getting your ass blasted isnt popular??

this has nothing to do with racism, just plagiarism

It's like Kanye ripping off C-Murder. No, it's not a sample credited in Yeezus:

youtube.com/watch?v=IEq_pty_tbk

youtu.be/SPhsSzfAoBA?t=1m24s

except blood on the leaves wasnt one of the biggest hits of all time

>"hey this actually has really nice sound"
>cant make out the lyrics so I google them
>all this gay shit
R U I N E D

gr8 b8 m8

>tryna fuck my friend but you got more ass than him

Alessia Cara. Nearly no one watched her covers, she still only has 500k Twitter followers right now. Her level of fame isn't consistent with the size of her fanbase.

Out of all of these, Vince is the most organic.

the fuck is an industry plant?

Give me your definition of an industry plant and you'll understand why such a thing doesn't make sense. It's just your paranoia talking.

ryan lewis is a hack

this is the objective answer. One of the most creative producers and mcs ever regardless of race

>tfw ywn pound le1f's bp