/trans/ - They've Not Got Payet Edition

25 hours until it's over.

Today's confirmed big moves:
>Dimitri Payet [West Ham United > Olympique Marseille] £25m + eternal Hammers hatred add-ons
>Bryan Oviedo + Darron Gibson [Everton > Sunderland] Undisclosed

Moves in the balance:
>Manolo Gabbiadini [SSC Napoli > Southampton] £14m
>Leonardo Ulloa [Leicester > Somewhere that isn't Leicester] who knows what's happening there

and of course not forgetting
>Ryan Mason [Hospital Bed FC > Home] Loan expired

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tKjZuykKY1I
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38801529
sportsvisualized.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lads

LADS

>poop

*dabs*

>Liverpool are said to be willing to smash the club transfer record for the for the signature of the young English inside forward Nathan Windows [The Sun]

>Snuderland

epic meme bruh

>inside forward

>Early threads

Imagine being so autistic that you NEED to be OP

Ah. At least /trans/ is over and /epl/ returns tomorrow.

>I don't understand positions

Imagine being so autistic that you can't tolerate a new thread being made at precisely 500 posts.

*collapses towards league one*

>got a really beautiful girls number at a party saturday
>not sure what to text her to break the ice

what should i do lads

Stop. Posting. This.

>roses are red, violets are blue, we met at that party, hi how are you

*collapses towards non-league*

>check these sick digits

seriously one of my favourite memes

Send her a pic of Big Sam and ask her if he would be respected more if he was called Samuel Allardici

just bee yourself :^)

>Spelled Ulloa
>Pronounced Ochoa

Good fucking riddance

Really serious question, is there a better song that this?

youtube.com/watch?v=tKjZuykKY1I

she's a law student and my dream of being a stay at home dad could come true

gonna need some srs replies

Why yes, there are almost 9 million separate pieces of music in the world.

Open with a break up line, as if you've been dating for years. Trust me

Altho' i believe you there is that much music out there, i doubt any of them can compare to this

if you have to go to /trans/ for advice then there's no hope for you

You need to go back Skrtle.
Back to the NWOBHM.

GK: Hart - £765k
RB: Coleman - 60k
CB: Nordtveit - Free
CB: Aké - £680k
LB: Gibbs - Free
CDM: Coquelin - £850k
CDM: Arter - £119k
RM: Mahrez - £425k
LM: Milner - Free
ST: Ibra - Free
ST: Deeney - £616k

Cost: £3,515,000

Moneyball

>asking a burmese bamboo weaving online shopping mart for advice
lad

Ugh. I always sucked at this. Getting the number is not a lay, its more of a rejection in a polite way.

If you build a connection with her, she will be texting you not the other way around.

thats not what moneyball is you plonker

>Coleman
>60k
Chris Coleman, maybe

wtf are you talking about?

Do North Americans understand irony or are you just memeing?

Always liked Ulloa.
This goal was awesome - caused a seismic reaction if I recall correctly.

fuck off, bandwagoner

I wasn't going for how much they'd cost this window, I was going by last transfers

that team is terrible

he's better than slimani who is dogshit

GK: Mignolet
RB: Abel Xavier
CB: Sakho
CB: Rigobert Song
LB: Fabio Aurelio
CDM: Lucas Levia
CDM: Alberto Aquilani
RM: Ryan Babel
LM: El Hadji Diuf
ST: Robbie Keane
ST: Andriy Voronin

How many points more than second team in the league would they have?

And how far would they get in Fifa Club World Cup?

moneyball isnt about finding good players for cheap, its about analyzing market inefficiencies to get good players that other people dont value.

like buying a short CB with intelligence and passing ability when everyone wants a tall cunt that can win headers and just boots the ball out

or a slow winger with good passing ability when everyone else wants a pacebabby

>bandwagoner

Were you at Highfield Road in 1983 user? Lovely sunny day and there was a pitch invasion by the BS.
Do you remember that kid being thrown thro a plate glass window in Cov town centre b4 the game?

No?

Then where were you user...?

>like buying a short CB with intelligence and passing ability when everyone wants a tall cunt that can win headers and just boots the ball out

so what you're saying is that john stones is a classic moneyball signing??????

>listens to Kasabian once

How's life on the spectrum?

no because now that everyone wants a ball playing CB, they become overpriced and overrated, and now you can get a tall CB thats really really good at headers for example for nothing because no other teams want him and if he ends up becoming very good you can build the defence around them? Get it?

"So when are we getting married?"
There you go
Inb4 people pretending it doesn't work

pretty good

>being an old man on Sup Forums
lol

>Thinking everyone here is like me

So, you can get a really good player cheap?

Feel bad for Ulloa. He just wants to play.

>bragging about being old

Reminder if you're older than ~25 and on Sup Forums you should fucking kill yourself. You're pathetic

yes but simply getting good players cheap isnt the purpose of moneyball, everyone can buy cheap players and hope one of them turns out good, thats what chelsea is doing with the 8 gorillian loans, the purpose of moneyball is finding market inefficiencies that you can exploit.

young Savage why you trappin so hard?

Imagine how sad you have to be to bring up an incident from 1983 to prove you aren't a bandwagoner.

Most current footballers weren't even born then.

reminder if you're spending your youth on Sup Forums you should fucking kill yourself. you're pathetic.

we're all going to die someday so who cares

Reminder if you're on Sup Forums you should fucking kill yourself. You're pathetic

>the purpose of moneyball is finding market inefficiencies that you can exploit.
To get good players cheap.
What Billy Beane did was look at what really wins baseball games, and created new stats based on those things. Then he found players who did well in his stats to build a team. His entore motivation was literally"The Oakland A's are poor, I need to get good players cheap."

Beane's players were good, just undervalued or poorly scouted. Yes, market inefficiency, but still good and most importantly cheap. Or he would have failed instead of becoming a legend.

The entire Oakland A's motivation was finding good and cheap.

Exactly. What kind of loser teenage kid is posting here instead of playing football and fucking 16yo cuties? Maybe it is just a meme that there are so many shitheads wasting their best, easiest, free-est years throwing shit back and forth on this board.

Maybe we are all old guys. I know I am.

good players arent cheap though, thats the whole point, one of beanes most moneyball esque signings was hatteberg who was old and couldnt play his original position any nobody wanted.

moneyball in the premier league for example could be paying premium prices for an older established player now that everyone wants to spunk on young talent with promise in the hopes they can be messi ronaldo level

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38801529

>Wolves have signed winger Helder Costa on a permanent deal until 2021 for a club record fee of £13m.

>championship teams signing players for £13m
Ridiculous.

You should see how much Newcastle spent in the summer

Still made a profit thanks to Spuds.

>inb4 his acl explodes

And the scousers

It's not just Newcastle to blame.

>Costa becomes the fifth player to move to an English Football League club this season for a fee of more than £10m, following Dwight Gayle and Matt Ritchie's moves to Newcastle, Ross McCormack's transfer to Aston Villa, and Villa's signing of Bristol City striker Jonathan Kodjia.

>unironically signing ross "GATE-GATE" mccormack
>villol

CHELSEA MIGHT BE ABOUT TO PICK UP MOUSSA DEMBÉLÉ FROM CELTIC FOR OVER 30MILLION LMAO

That's their record transfer, and I think they have a bit of money from selling Afobe to Bournemouth. One of the blokes in my Sunday league team is a wolves supporter and told me this so I dunno if true.

He raped Liverpool, though, by far the best player on the pitch. They will make a good profit when they sell him on.

There's just no logic behind that, I don't understand. They could just recall Remy.

They're going to get fucking relegated as well, that's madness.

Possible Table Changes this week.

Do you make these or just find them?

*walks towards humiliation in the playoff final*

that pointless everton and west brom existence

lmao

I steal them from here
sportsvisualized.com/

>I think they have a bit of money from selling Afobe to Bournemouth
Afobe was £10m so that's all gone.

*steals from you*

>Mouyes will be in 6th all season

THIS!
someone will die as virgin and someone will just die

Statto.com is down, but I am sure that United has been 6th since at least Noember 3rd.

truer words have never been spoken my friend

Tbf I come here for the EXPOSED and official laugh at x threads because they are funny.

Dunno why their aren't more championship players in people's moneyball. Readings Jake cooper literally never loses an aerial duel and he's like 6ft 5. In terms of being an opposite to the meme "BPDefender" he's a great example.

In the prem players like Aaron Lennon always scores when he plays. Not the fastest anymore but has the knack still. Carroll is another example of a type of player undervalued now. Why no more target men?

>Dunno why their aren't more championship players in people's moneyball.
because Sup Forums is full of bandwagon retards who never watch games

Because everyone wants a 5 tool up the middle stud ie Fernando Torres circa liverpoo.

>Chelsea will win the league and there's nothing >we can do about it

last day of trans lads

>Aaron Lennon always scores when he plays

umm no sweetie. 40 goals in 464 appearances in his career

You can always find trans in your heart, lad

still time for City to spend 30 million somethings on a mediocre CB surely

>not a single spurs transfer

weird feel

If van Dijk was healthy they could have spent 50 for a class defender. Shame.

>You now remember Mangala

my guess is Nordin Amrabat

meanwhile spurs signed alderweireld for about 10m. madness