Decided i'm going to buy and learn how to play acoustic guitar

decided i'm going to buy and learn how to play acoustic guitar

i'll start with some easy to learn tunes from youtube tutorials and then gradually move onto harder stuff

think i'll really enjoy desu, i'm 24 don't why i never tried it before

also girls love a man who can play a guitar

any words of advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tbPTeFta4lw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This screams bait but on the offchance it isn't:
Don't learn guitar for the pussy. You'll drop it within a week as soon as your libido spikes. Guys who play for the pussy are very noticeable. Play to learn a fun instrument that'll play some of your favorite songs

This

Guitar is an awful instrument. If you want pussy buy a saxophone and learn heartbreak hotel on it, otherwise do it right and buy a fucking recorder.

not a bait post

pussy is only about 25% of the reason, i fucking love singing to acoustic songs so why not try and learn how to play myself

You mean the whiny 3-chord 'folk' songs? You might as well buy an ukelukelele

i mean like jack johnson, Elliott smith, sad brad smith

In that case a shotgun with one bullet might be a better investment.

>any words of advice?
it's not an easy instrument and it hurts your left hand fingers to incredibly pain. but imo it's worthy. acustic guitar chords sounds like magic mixed with weeds.

le edgy teenager

zzzzzzz

yeah, i've heard your the tips of yours fingers become more 'hard' after only a month though, don't know how true that is

Then start off by getting familiar with all the notes along the fretboard.
Then learn the CAGED chords.
Then learn harmony theory (you don't need to read or write notation for that).
Analyze the CAGED chords by using your
superior harmonic knowledge.
Then use your superior harmonic knowledge to go on and discover more advanced chords like diminished, augmented, suspended, 6, 7, 9 etc.
Learn scales and experiment with their modes.
Discover why certain chord progressions work with certain scales by using your superior harmonic knowledge.

Don't be that clueless twat who only plays CAGED chords in a desperate attempt to score some pussy.

Or you know buy a shotgun.

In that case, go wild. Don't go looking for a cheap acoustic, but don't take out a loan for one. Find a nice median price. If your guitar is cheap and sounds bad, it kills your enthusiasm. I dropped about 200 on my first acoustic and it sounds great for what I spent. Also, calluses are essential or else you'll be bleeding a lot. Play a fair bit every day and you'll build them up. Learn how to play with and without a pick; both methods sound different

as i'm literally clueless right now i'm going save this post and come back to it once i understand some of the context, thanks bro

what's wrong pal?

how long should i practice everyday to build up calluses? i don't want to over do it

>bullet
sorry buddy, its called a shell

>also girls love a man who can play a guitar
>any words of advice?
You're doing it for the wrong reason.

that estas tonne guy is getting MAD pussy rn
just look at his views
is he really that good Sup Forums?

They're all called shells, but you only really need a slug as opposed to shot. It's personal preference I guess.

>If you want pussy buy a saxophone
Oh, boy. I'm sure just about anyone who can afford an acoustic guitar can also afford a sax.

You can buy a student sax from craigslist for exactly the amount of money you'd spend on a guitar that isn't a pussy repellent piece of plywood.

>pussy is only about 25% of the reason
Apart from that:
>i don't want to over do it
Don't even bother honestly. It doesn't seem that you like the instrument at all.

30 minutes to an hour every day will help you build calluses and it'll give enough time to actually learn something.

I'm not even from the US, but:
>Craigslist
>2017.

Then use whatever trendy hipster app from which people are doing their covert arms deals these days. They're there if you want them.

>i don't want to over do it

as in have my fingers bleed

No problem, my man.
As for calluses I can't say for sure, but I'd reckon at least 30 minutes of playing every day. It doesn't take too long to produce them. And you can't overdo it as long as you're enjoying yourself. The more you play the faster they'll grow, obviously.

It also depends on what guitar you play. Nylon strings are easier on the fingers for a beginner. Steel strings require more pressure to fret the notes and will feel like razors against your fingertips. But they also build calluses quicker.

Good shit op here are some things to note.
-Don't worry about the left hand fingers hurting shit, when you start practicing chords stop when your fingers hurt and in a week or two that will litterally never be a problem again.
-Don't get discouraged if you can't play something/something sounds shit, guitar is more practice than training, for example when you get to barre chords they'll be seeem impossible for a while but one day you'll get them out of the blue because your wrist and fingers get stronger without needing some special exercise or anything.
-Learn the notes on the fretboard and very basic theory atleast.
The most important thing is to don't drop it because you'll constantly improve even if it doesnt feel like it

>Don't worry about the left hand fingers hurting shit, when you start practicing chords stop when your fingers hurt and in a week or two that will litterally never be a problem again
Good advice.

>any words of advice?

start with a really simple song and dont learn anything else until you can nail it

this was the first song I ever learned and it was really easy youtube.com/watch?v=tbPTeFta4lw

>any words of advice?
You know there is a guitar general thread right ?

yeah. you will got special "shells" from nature. it's funny but it's true

you forgot about infinite barre chords practice