Which genre has the most elitist fanbase?

Is it Hip-Hop or Metal?

Both fanbases are full of autists who are more concerned about muh technical ability and muh selling out rather than actually enjoying music as they hear it.

>Which genre has the most elitist fanbase?
Prog.

I vote metal simply because i'm white so i have to deal with retarded metal fans way more.
Hip hop fans are mostly black and they keep to black communities, as a white guy i can pretty much listen to any hip hop i want because to them i'll always be a pleb so they don't care.

The electronic fanbase is way worse than either of those.

There's plenty of white Hip-Hop fans and as far as I'm concerned the white and black fans are as bad as each other for their snobbery.

metal and jazz are the most elitist followed closely by indie and prog. classical is also elitist.

hip hop is probably the least elitist actually. but it IS selling out. like if you look up selling out in the dictionary, it will just say hip hop.

A white hip hop fan that is really into hip hop will always look like a wigger to me.
I can't take them seriously.
Most black hip hop fans don't take them seriously either.
To this day the only "serious" hip hop fans tends to be black and only consider other "serious" hip hop fans if they're black.

It's an advantage as a white guy, really.
It's just like a black guy getting into metal, white metal fans won't know how to handle them, and most of them won't consider a black guy that's into metal "legit" no matter what he's into, so they can basically listen to anything they want.

When you're shunned by a community it also gives you freedom from elaborate criticism that others don't have because they're more scrutinized.

classical, duh

Classical by far. If you don't agree, you haven't met one.

It's funny how this question suggests that fans of two bad genres of music are elitist - specifically , like they have something worth being elitist about. It's kinda cute.

Sup Forumscore

bootyblasted indie/emo fag detected

V A P O R W A V E

>To this day the only "serious" hip hop fans tends to be black and only consider other "serious" hip hop fans if they're black.
Not true, when i was underground nobody gave a fuck i was white

Most of the hip hop shows I go to have just as many whites and Latinos as black people. Even the dub reggae night here gets a ton of white punk kids.

Are you actually retarded, there's like 40000 vaporwave subgenres out there and most people that are into vapor listen to all of them.

People will give you shit and call you a pleb literally ONLY if you like Yung Bae.
That's it.

none of those genres qualifies as music that's why their fanbase is stupid

people that like Sup Forumscore generally try and keep it hidden and ask for obscure non-Sup Forumscore albums.

Most hip hop and metal fans are pretty alright
I think some of the more academical music like classical or jazz is more "elitist"
Whatever that means, usually they're decent people too

/bleep/ / dub / IDM / general underground electronic music

There is no question here

They're of the opinion that music has less artistic merit because it's less bright and shiny. Or atleast this is what I think because despite hearing them say it a million times not once have I ever heard any kind of justification for why it's supposed to be true

The "rebuttal" they have (or the closest thing to it) is just linking a song which is some of the most barebones, simple, phoned-in music in existence. Skeletal drum pattern repeating for 6 minutes while a female vocal sample echoes some kind of allusion to partying ("take me higher", "yeah", or just some kind of moan) or an angry jamaican man says "I smoke weed and I will shoot you". The only delimiter or criticism for a good or bad song being whether it "goes hard". Artist name is some kind of meaningless street-talk printed in italic text with a gaudy logo like a skull with a joint in its mouth.

They also seem to miss that this genre leans pretty heavily on the cheese angle and is kind of an imitation of what a 10 year old would think the epitome of cool is. Back to the way the logos are stylized.

Sometimes it's so similar that to the untrained ear that doesn't know what Drum n Bass is they wouldn't even know the difference. They themselves sometimes seem to get confused and argue amonst eachother where they say "fuck off with this brostep shit" where somebody retorts "no this actually came out in 1996 and was produced by a British guy" and then "oh carry on then"

They shoehorn these vague whiteboy platitudes anywhere and everywhere they can including but not limited to designated places for listening to this kind of music, and not in a way that's banterful or even entertaining. Just mean, spiteful and vitriolic.

No other fanbase is this bad.

It's elitist but it's not smart, interesting, personable or entertaining. Just insufferable whiteboy politicking. Terrible people, all of them.

>Hip hop fans are mostly black
Ice Cube has talked about how most of the people at NWA concerts were white all the way back in the late 80s.

Fucking this

My vote goes to this.

I hate metalfags because of how ignorant they act, but progfags are like metalfags but on a higher plane of shittiness.

/thread

>It's just like a black guy getting into metal, white metal fans won't know how to handle them, and most of them won't consider a black guy that's into metal "legit" no matter what he's into

you've never actually been to a metal show have you

I have never once heard someone say a rapper "sold out" maybe fell off or got old and out of touch but never sold out. Also the lyric elitism is only a fraction of a subgenre within hip hop so take your >(c)rap bullshit somewhere else

V A P O R W A V E

Metal

/thread