This is literally fela kuti bastardized for white teenagers

This is literally fela kuti bastardized for white teenagers

but in the 70s being a white teenager was the best thing you could possibly be.

you must be thinking of Talking Heads

"no" All of can's music was world fusion anyway. Their grooves didn't stick to one style indefinitely and fela never had minimal ambient parts like future days either.

what the fuck is the point of "fusion" you're basically admitting that they lack the talent or vision to be unique

literally like white producers sampling black rappers music because they dont have the intelligence to make something new

why do people think remain in light sounds like anything fela kuti ever did? brian eno showed talking heads fela kuti so it seems like they jump to conclusions without even thinking too hard about it. also epic thread op

how did you get lacking talent or uniqueness from the word fusion? the drummer was one of the best jazz drummers at the time in germany and the rest could improvise like on ones business. it's sort of subjective but i can hardly find anything else that sounds like can that preceded so i'd say they're unique in some sense

fusion as in they combined aspects of different traditional and modern musical styles. Just doing that was pretty unique in the late 60's and early 70's unless you count psych rock taking some ragas from indian classical music and putting it in the context of pop or rock. As far as talent, Jaki and Irmin were not only excellent players but could pull off difficult shit very subtly within a groove.

Do you just think this whenever you hear any ostinato based music you fucking mongoloid?

Psych musicians didn't usually use ragas themselves. Just the instruments used to play them. There are examples of actual fusion of the western and eastern musical traditions, but most of the time it was just sitars playing pop music.

so theyre too lazy to come up with something original without stealing from older music? got it

What instrument do you play?

everything that doesn't sound identical to older shit is original you mong

>this movie sucks
>le what movies have you made? xD
you're done here
>everything that doesnt sound 100% exactly like something else isn't original idiot xD
you're done here

can = derivative trash
fela kuti = original music

true but sometimes it was guitars like baby grandmothers or guruguru
which exact melodies or rhythms did they steal? There was definitely influence but i can't think of one instance where they actually ripped anything off, especially from Fela.

What are you even talking about? Fusion ranges from Allan Holdsworth, Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, Sun Ra to Al Di Meola. And it's not like there's constant sampling.

could you possibly make a dumber post than this?

Talking Heads played up the afrobeat connection more than was really warranted

>that girl is so ugly
t-thats not the point!
Pull the trigger already, pussy

literally like black rappers sampling white band's music because they dont have the intelligence to make something new

>Fela Kuti is original
The dude literally just fused old folk rhythms with modern pop sensibilities and cultivated an oeuvre that was shockingly undiverse. He was way more important as a cultural icon than a musical revolutionary.

i cant believe you're unirionically sticking to this frame of argument. you're infinitely stupider than i am
alright dude i'll take your word for it ive never listened to fela kuti before nor do i care to
>which exact melodies or rhythms did they steal?
idk
fusion is a musical genre dipshit, not a scientific theory
>could you possibly make a dumber post than this?
? you seem like an intelligent one how about you crab up a pickle then. go on lad, im waiting
source?

You don't understand music on any level, you have nothing going for you in life, you have no argument, you're passive aggressive so you probably have no real friends that value you, and it probably took you several tries to spell infinitely. Nobody will miss you if you kill yourself.

>alright dude i'll take your word for it ive never listened to fela kuti before nor do i care to
I feel trolled. I'm gonna leave and rethink the number of hours I sink into this place.

>and it probably took you several tries to spell infinitely
holy shit lad howd you know?

dont go mate i havent got shit to do for the next 30 minutes. which kuti album do u fancy i listen to?

>Trying to turn it into a white vs. black argument
>Sandy Bull was composing raga folk in 1962 that makes stuff like The Beatles look like it was legitimately play by retarded children

>all these canbabies crying cause their music sucks ass

blues musicians in the 20s were doing what sandy bull and fahey were doing 80 years later. whats your point?

Just stop getting baited and leave this thread people. Nothing of value would be lost.

Zombie and Expensive Shit are pretty good. Most of his discog is rather similar and I don't think he's got a single whole album that justifies itself completely tho.
On the better ones, there are some really cracking solos and some nice melodies, but often the jams go on WAAAAY longer than they should and there's always some dick head who's blatantly out of interesting things to say but soloing anyway to fill time.
Doesn't help that all the compositions are written on piss simple harmony and none of them progress all that much.

>Fela Kuti
>he actually tried his hardest to be the African, less original James Brown.

Did you mean to reply to me? I'm not sure your post has anything to do with mine.

No they weren't? What the fuck are you even taking about? What blues musician in the 20s was writing 30 mine long jams that straddle the line between jazz, folk, and world music? Lead Belly and his kind could barely read, they literally took slave songs and put them to guitar to make the white man happy

Yes, I most certainly did. You seem to think Fela Kuti invented world music or something, when really he's just some nigger who wanted desperately to be as cool as James Brown

You really hate whites don't you?

Read the post you quoted mang. I didn't even mention Fela.

Yes I know that thanks. How about you read the post it references and try to figure out the context for yourself like a big boy

>Tago Mago released the same year as Fela's London Scene
What did OP mean by this?

>everything is x for y
why is this meme so prevalent here?

it's the only way brainlets can think.

I think you're mistaking me for one of the posters in that reply chain. I just wanted to point out that structural and harmonic ideas like ragas were never assimilated into pop music in any particularly meaningful way. That other post was talking like they were, which is obviously about as bullshit as the notion that sitars finding their way into a few pop tunes was a paradigm shifting moment by itself.
I actually don't think Fela's music is all that special. I happen to be and
And I think that James Brown comparison is actually stupidly accurate. Surprised I've never seen it.