>be free of hate and desire
>laugh at your problems
>do not linger on trouble
>lust for nothing

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

blurbrain.com/buddhist-monks-declare-war-on-islam-in-burma/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

On the philosophy of happiness it is very developed. I don't think it is equipped to deal with real evil, however.

>laugh at your problems
and they'll keep on being problems.

debunked, Buddhists are lazy shits who don't want to solve their problems

No, if you live true to the belief, you'll never have lasting problems.

So basically the same as Christianity?

They aren't lazy. They live self sufficiently without stress. The "laugh at your problems" part is a reference to their tendency to approach issues with a level head. A Buddhist will approach problems properly and without stress.

Try and read between the lines before you sperg.

>Don't give a shit about others' suffering because karma
>Sit in a fucking temple all day and wait to be reborn into a better existence, without doing fuck-all

Redpilled my ass.

Buddhism is for hipster cucks, as is Hinduism. Taoism is better

Christianity uses fear of hell to encourage you to be a good person. Buddhism has you doing it so the world and all its people can know joy.

No, not really. They have practical solutions for removing suffering, and a developed understanding on what it takes and what it means to be happy. I haven't had MUCH dialogue with monks, I've had enough to answer general questions. Nothing too specific, just on the philosophy.

Can one appreciate and enjoy the philosophy promoted by a certain group or individual without accepting and conforming to that group or individual's practices?

the asceticism denies you a lot of life's opportunities, but the mindfulness training and conditioning to not wallow in suffering is very useful.
Sam Harris wrote a book recently where he compared and contrasted the useless mysticism with the useful mental exercises. Title is Waking Up. I'd recommend it.

I thought they are gardening?

Taoism is far less philosophically developed. It gives you tenets and doesn't help you in ever day life as much as Buddhism can.

And the hipster faggots are practicing fashion Buddhism. If they were serious about it they wouldn't be massive faggots.

enjoy being beaten to death by an angry thieving muslim/nigger while you're meditating in a park

>what is Zen

Great, more new age bullshit like what was done to wicca and sikhism and yoga.

I'd rather praise Kek. At least he does something concrete.

Just a regular normie religion like Christianity. Plenty of Buddhist dicks in everyday life but it's not an aggressive cult like Islam.

>be a race that never invents something new because you can't lust for a better world
no thanks

I agree. : )

It isn't at all new age. New age faggots practice edgy and very materialistic spirituality. Buddhism is more a guide to living than it is any of those things.

why new age? budhism is pretty old, comparable to babylonian times (gilgamesh is an interesting read for any abrahamite).

The whole point is a better world. It is a practice that is dedicated to the acknowledgement of suffering, and a solution to suffering.

Both of my other examples are ancient as well, but what has been done to them at the hands of hipsters certainly isn't.

They did that shit to iChing as well.

Interesting that any of the philosophies that require real work (martial arts and not the belt mills but serious practice) never quite got off the ground. Westerners just don't have the discipline or pain tolerance.

It's all a pyramid scheme anyway. Want an example of modern Buddhist faggotry? Go see what they charge families in Japan.

its the ultimate redpill, even coming close to their philosophy will make you a much much happier man

It sounds overly unrealistic and it wouldn't work in the real world.

>dont be materialistic
am materialistic
>love your fellow man
I hate most people I have to interact with daily
>enjoy life
Uh, I mean, sure, enjoying life is good? The only time I enjoy life though is when I spend money on things like a new phone or pc or whatever
>be free of hate and desire
uh ok, this is some more mystical buddha bullshit
>laugh at your problems
I don't laugh at my problems I work on solving them
>do not linger on trouble
Not sure what that means. Avoid trouble? Sort of common sense
>lust for nothing
tfwn(k)gf

Sorry but your mystical asian bs doesn't work in the 21st century.

Everything you listed shows that you're the one at fault, not the belief system.

Buddhism is pretty red-pilled, but most new-age hippie types who call themselves Buddhists in the West are delusional.

Hindus requires some pain tolerance if you want to become a Sadu. Buddhism will also cause pain to lazy fuckers if they want to actually give it a real go.

Problem with that is you should kill yourself cause you'll never be anything useful

Buddhism isn't redpilled. Buddhism is "look, the container is empty. You can choose to refill your prescription, change your prescription, or keep it empty."

nah bro trust me its easy, here ill enlighten you
>am materialistic
just have less money
>I hate most people I have to interact with daily
fuck em, don't give a shit about them or their actions they are insignificant anyway
>Uh, I mean, sure, enjoying life is good? The only time I enjoy life though is when I spend money on things like a new phone or pc or whatever
quit taking ur meds n ull realize your life sucks, with or without buying new useless shit
>uh ok, this is some more mystical buddha bullshit
Nah just dont give a shit
>I don't laugh at my problems I work on solving them
you cant fix your life's problems instead try giving 0 shits soon you will have 0 problems
>Not sure what that means. Avoid trouble? Sort of common sense
nah means dont give a shit
>tfwn(k)gf
jacking it is easier and requires 0 shits

2 ez, who wants to get woke next

Kek would come under eastern mysticism

Buddhism also uses hell and the fear of rebirth in a lower cycle to keep people in line. There are many similarities between Buddhism and Christianity.

>what is myanmar

Gnosticism is the only "redpill".

No, participating in New Age religions does not make you "redpilled". Pick the superior faith and try again.

>>dont be materialistic

I used to follow this, then I realised you're fucked without having money in western society.

works well for the NEETs. I work less, earn less, have more time for what I enjoy. I am more productive because I have more rest.
>inb4 you NEET
I still earn twice the ammount lots of hard workers will earn at toward end of their career.

>earn

you didn't earn shit you fucking parasite. genuinely hope you and every other NEET dies of cancer

oh, I am no NEET. I get up 4x a week at 04:30, improve productability of companies by automating out of the workforce and come home at 7pm.

out the workforce

>Literally KYS: The Religion
It relies on the belief that life is awful and that it goes on forever because reincarnation and that you can kill your eternal soul by not eating any dinner. Not fucking redpilled m80.

You still got to get money from somewhere, whether you are a neet-beggar or a worker bee.

This is the problem with religion, nebulous impractical advice..

blurbrain.com/buddhist-monks-declare-war-on-islam-in-burma/

It's the most blue-pilled religion out there.
> Intellectual suicidie
> Disdain for love, (intellectual) pride and actual self improvement. Since it's about the destruction of the ego, it removes actual empathy.
> You always put others instead of you for the sake of Nirvana
> Buddha is the most spoiled cuck of all mainsteam religious figgures
The only good thing about buddhism is Zen buddhism and their treatment of Islam.
Tldr. Buddhist are cool ( real Buddhists, not Allan Wats sjw like western cunts), Buddhism as an idea is spiritual suicide.

>dont give a shit
>dont give a shit
>dont give a shit
kek
seems like a decent lifestyle for lazy people
too bad I've swallowed the true red pill

Taoism sets you on a path and doesn't tell you what to believe or spoonfeed you. It is the real master religion

Everything is lazy and hard working. What is your red pill?