Last.fm Top Artists

Last week/month

Guess things, give recs, the usual

I could never get into The Magnetic Fields. Tried listening to 69 Love Songs and was bored out of my mind.

69 Love Songs has some of their best songs but unfortunately a third of it is filler. You should try some one of their shorter, more cohesive albums such as Get Lost and Charm of The Highway Strip if you haven't

hi

quite diverse taste

Love Angelo
+ Slowdive, Breathless

+ Mr. Bungle, Hüsker Dü

am i patriciann????!??

he looks so sad but his pupper is qt

who's this badalamamaladingdongbenti fella

nice jacket mark

ooh I dig everything there but fishmans, nice one user

>who's this badalamamaladingdongbenti fella
The dude who did the music for most of David Lynch's films

oh. I thought I'd read somewhere that lynch made his own music, but oh well. I don't know nothing about film anyhow

what are you listening to from badalamenti?
i'm aware he did twin peaks and such, but what are some of his other works?
any recs?

>pupper
die

rude and also no

I wonder if last.fm will have pictures after Fripp dies
that's the way it seems to go for artists who protect their legacy. the second they ain't there no more, people stop caring

>oh. I thought I'd read somewhere that lynch made his own music, but oh well. I don't know nothing about film anyhow
He does make music for his own movies sometimes. Maybe a handful of times in total, but he does have 2 solo albums and some collaborative work under his belt.
>what are you listening to from badalamenti
The soundtrack for Fire Walk With Me and Mulholland Drive are grade A material.

Forgive the wacky format. I'm phoneposting.
This is a fun list. Maybe try Estradasphere.
Love Slowdive and Angelo. Don't know the rest.
What's your favorite Ozrics album? It's been years since I've listened, but The Yum Yum Tree was fun.
I love most of this chart. Nice Sakamoto in particular.
Somebody likes Twin Peaks.
I like this list a lot. Which Gabriel albums have you been listening to?
I still hate how King Crimson can't have any art on last.fm. Fripp needs to calm down on the copyright nonsense.

It's also worth noting that Hopscotch and Bleach have the wrong artist photos. They should be Hopscotch (China) and Bleach (Japan) respectively.

The Box - Secrets Out

how to get into magma

trve
try abruptum if you haven't

The 4 self-titled ones. I like Gabriel's work a surprising lot considering how conflicted I am on Genesis

I can sort of understand why Fripp is the way he is about ownership. There really was a lot of fucking over regarding who owns the rights to music in the music industry's heydays.
I mean yeah the beef he has with last.fm is largely a misunderstanding, but still.

I actually had no idea Fripp had issues with rights. That does make a lot more sense. And yeah, Gabriel's solo material is pretty different from Genesis. He's basically the male Kate Bush solo. Melt/3 is my favorite of his albums. I need to try some of the newer stuff though. I've heard Up is really good.

Magma, now that's a name I don't see often.

I'm mostly listening to his Twin Peaks work lately, namely Fire Walk With Me. You should check out his stuff for Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive too, especially the latter.

+tmf, husker du
oh angelo
schulze
+fontaine, walker
+minutemen
+jim, neu

Been a quiet month...