Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums.

What's the most immersive game you've played?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zJud19CMhkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Skyrim

Operation

Life. Its just a big fucking game.

getting deep user?

This

Solitaire

Not gonna lie, I got a little lost in Elite: Dangerous for a while.

What I wouldn't give to sit in the cockpit of an asp explorer and hear "Frameshift drive charging."

Hell, just give me my old hauler back. I'll gut the back for a first-class cabin and turn it into my space winnebego. Just me, my copilot, the desolation of deep space, and 8-10 tons of space cocaine. Life would be grand.

Weirdly, rimworld.

Not in that it makes you feel like you're really there, but rather, it makes you genuinely care about a bunch of essentially randomly generated little pawn pieces.

And that has NEVER happened to me before. I actually thought that people who say that can happen to them in a game were just being silly.

That's the difference between immersion and realism right there. I kind of wanted to get into it, but was never sure about the price. Not the kind of game I normally go for, you know?

>implying anybody would travel with you in a hauler

Payday 2

I mean, it would be more of a retirement option than anything else. I'd prefer the Asp or an Imperial Courier. And there's explorers that love the thing because they're essentially throwaway, even with a-rated FSD, advanced and surface scanners, and extra fuel.

There's gotta be somebody, man. I have the whole bubble to roam and an effectively limitless lifespan thanks to progenitor cells being buyable by the ton. Biggest problem would be making money without the community metagaming I'm used to. The trade data in the map is trash.

that screenshot makes the game look incredible

I loved it intensely for around eight months. Elite's problem is that it's a mile wide and an inch deep. Graphics are good, flight model is responsive, it has everything you'd want in a space sandbox. Problem is, it's a space sandbox, not so much a game per se. Content is a little sparse, to say the least. The Thargoids are coming in hardcore right now, though, so we might see a war with the aliens soon^tm

If you have people to fly with, or can make your own fun, it's fantastic. Just prepare to take breaks, or the burn out will hit and you'll hate it.

What is the game in OP's pic?

Either Metroid Prime 1/2, but I want to say 1. Both are on the GameCube.

One of the Metroid Primes, I think.

Fallout 4

Myst series

Resident Evil 7 in VR, the whole tight space corridor thing really gets me thinking I'm there.

You couldn't crop it?

The game is so empty you may as well stare at Christmas lights for 8 hours

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

It's a classic old game called "Hide the Salami" was the most immersive by far.

This.

FFTA my fav game

Are you retarded?

Fallout 3

Elite, with my Vive I actually get a sensation of movement and sometimes mild nausea.

It's fucking fantastic!

/thread

Didn't realize Mirelurks, Deathclaws, and Gatling Lasers were immersive.

they will fuck you into immersion

you dumb fuck, immersive does not equal realistic

Dota

You quickly realize everybody is awful and how much you should hate everybody and everyone.

Life lessons since Warcraft 3..

Redpill me then.

Surprised no one has mentioned new vegas. Not my favorite game, but its far more immersive than f3 and f4

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Fuck you

New Vegas was definitely my favorite. Maybe not the most immersive game I've played but it's something that was well worth thr purchase. Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road were REALLY good DLC packs.

Immersive just means you forget you are playing a game. Fallout 3 absolutely can do that.

Oooo thatd be good

Get outta here stalker.

Seriously, this game with some graphics and weapon mods, makes my dick hard.

Thief 2 my dudes.

Not anymore though cause it looks like ass. but it was quite immersive at the time.

Metroid Prime 1

Excite bike.

I meant not my favorite game in general, not just Fallout, as I wasn't really into the main game story after killing Benny. I have yet to play the DLCs though.

Hello kibbles

I gotta give it to the most recent Doom game

Isnt that the f2p with crap ai and same fuckin monsters everywhere with broken enemies and such, like everquest skeleton fps?

yes, its fucking great.

End your life baitbaby

This is just sad

Starbound
Or
Receiver

Hey, I agree with them

Kick back with skyrim, 200 mods, and some meats and alcohol and I can lose a week

Try making pawns named after you and your friends, you'll be scared shitless of them dying the entire time you play
>pic related, me

The Long Dark

eggsactly, ist a MASTERPIECE

Have you played misery or lost alpha?

played call of misery. Did't liked lost alpha

Resident Evil 7 with VR and smoked a blunt. Reality and digital were ran like a speedbag on my brain.

Same here, I've played my share of RPGs but the TES series seems to be the only games I can really get into the "roleplaying" part with, as clunky and shallow as the story elements might be. In fact i'd argue that its the main reason. Theres a lot of blank pages for you to fill in yourself. When you overdevelop a story and characters, unless you have literal limitless options at your disposal, it distances yourself from the experience. Games like mass effect, dragon age, and the witcher, you can be as cunty as you like but you're still the guy who has to save the world and you're playing as somebody else. In bethesda RPGs you can literally just fuck about for hundreds of hours and its not out of character.

Should've been quads with this knowledge

I just finished "Alien: Isolation" on hard difficulty, and its super immersive. I got about 45 hours of gameplay out of it And countless times where i literally jumped out of my seat because of the spoopy alien. It's an amazing game and the AI is some of the best in any video game. I recommend it to everyone.

METRO 2033 and METRO Last Light.

Agreed. The sound is amazing in that game.
Also agree. Great games.

Only problem with that game is that it tries to make the aliens invincible when in fact the lore dictates they aren't, but they do have the ability to fuck you up if you kill them

Dragon's dogma.
Made very accurate version of myself in the character creator.
Auto save and different outcome in missions really got me invested in it.

I played Forza 6 with the PSVR hooked up and that immrmersed me through having no time to evaluate outside of the current task.

I played Drive VR, and it is very similar to riding a motorcycle. Could have been me familiar with riding and just human doing human shit.

DIRT - literally no time to blink if you're going to the limit.

Parrappa the Rapper, as soon as that Onion man enters scene I can be gone for days.

Dark souls 1 and 3

I second this.

Remember that when the real game was released it was a cool game.

Now they keep pushing that fucking game in every new generation.

The whole Metroid Prime Series and BotW.
I think you should have posted this on Sup Forums, OP.

Minecraft.

Mods are the only thing that make that medicore game even remotely enjoyable

It's overrated as fuck, it has a lot of features but does none of them particularly well, because of that it was easily accessible to most gamers.

Skyrim

Who cares what you think. Unless you had a hand in creating it, sit down.

I got lost in Dishonored. I loved it and sorta beat the game twice, in high and low chaos, in one day.

Didn't know this was a Elder Scrolls developer board, will sit down, completely crossed a line there. Many apologies

Hi aunt Carol.

Who didn't loved that part?

> incoming faggot answer
Life is strange. Immersive, because you get so attached to the characters that you create an emotional bond with them and live through the game as it was you who is experiencing the story.

10/10 would rate again

Game suggestion thread

I am a huge fan of dark souls series so it would be great if somebody suggests me a game like it.

I also played
>Skyrim
>Dmc
>Bed man

The metro games are incredibly immersive. Playing with minimal ui on hardest difficulty with those amazing graphics. First person dark horror game.
Doesn't get much more immersive than that.

Fuck off, negroid. You speak only for yourself. Your head being so far up your own ass and getting upset over someone's opinion does not change how others feel about user's opinion.

GOTHIC II

I enjoyed everything about this game except the fucking terrible dialogue. Fucking ruined it for me. Everything else is good though. I liked the gameplay, story, and connections you make.

Triple 7?
That must be super fucking imersive

Bloodborne

>Pathologic.
By FAR.

There is something about the game structure - the way it works with time, combined with rather unique sense of player agency, really interesting environments and actually quite amazingly good writing and characters just make this game the single most immersive thing I've ever played.

It does not look great, it's clunky and flawed and really, really slow but once you get into it, it's more immersive than any other game that is out there.

It is boyo
II tried this when it was recommended to me on Sup Forums. I personally think it has aged pretty badly. Crackly sound and annoying mechanics drove me away I'm afraid. Still have it installed though.

07-22-2017
The day user triggered a skyrim developer

youtube.com/watch?v=zJud19CMhkk
It really is. Fucking spoopy too. Scared me out of my skeleton.

me2

yeah dude, the first Halo was hard as fuck

defenitely second life