Mfw I played my first paying gig and made $60 (split 4 ways)

>mfw I played my first paying gig and made $60 (split 4 ways)

feels good man

Congratulations! What instrument did you play (or maybe vocals I don't know), and what genre?

good guess. I sing for an extreme metal band. blackened death metal type stuff.

Wow! I hope you had fun while doing it user. Do you have any future gigs planned yet?

>extreme metal band. blackened death metal type stuff.
stop

I played a noise show last night and we sold out of shirts

feelsgood

How closely would you compare yourselves to skeletonwitch? In any case, good stuff. I've always wanted to be in a band and perform but I lack skill or talent!

buy 600 dollars worth of guitar pedals then play in a noise band and sells shirts like me,

Wait did you make 240 as a band and got 60 or did you make 60 as a band and got 15

congratulations user

Being a metal band, it's likely the ladder

>he only made $15

Kick out the other members of your band and do it all alone. More money that way

no future shows at the moment. but yeah I always have fun playing live.
not very closely. we're not thrashy at all. something more like akercocke minus the industrial ambient stuff. everyone starts somewhere in regards to musical skill. I'm currently learning vocal runs and melismas, polyharmonic and throat singing and I'm making progress. don't give up user.
yeah I personally only made $20. I actually meant to type $80. but that's $20 I eared by growling and screaming into a mic while drinking on the job.

What city did you play in? and what is your bands name?

long beach, ca. not going to give my band name I'm not here to shill nor do I want any negative attention from unsavory characters

>not going to give my band name I'm not here to shill nor do I want any negative attention from unsavory characters
Fair enough. I live in South Gate (near LA if you dont know where that is), and was just wondering if there would be a way I could catch a future show or something

My band name is

Gujarat Uintaite if you want to know

I know and have played all over LA and Southern California. Compton, El Monte, Riverside, Gardena, lots of backyards, all over the place.

Tfw made about 30 million on my last tour

What's the name of your band bud?

Cucks

I've only ever been to 4 shows, 2 Agalloch, 1 Cattle Decapitation (going to see them again in october!), and Modest Mouse. I don't like people enough to go to backyard shows and stuff like that

who are you

Im one of singers from the wiggles tribute band

I miss the wiggles but it goes to show what happens if you wiggle too hard. The brightest flames burn the fastest I suppose.

Good for you! Keep up!

Actually playing any show at all puts you ahead of 99% of Sup Forums