Need advice. I found out Im getting fired this upcoming Wednesday from the pharmaceutical company I work for...

need advice. I found out Im getting fired this upcoming Wednesday from the pharmaceutical company I work for. Im' a pharma rep. I have dirt on the company, like class action lawsuit type shit. I'm thinking of using it as leverage to ask for a payout. This a good idea?

Assuming what you're saying is actually true, you could do that, but it's not going to be like the movies.

Basically you'd have to wait until they fire you, you can contact an attorney, go through the long and cumbersome process of sending legal paperwork back and forth, and they might try to settle out of court.

My concern is if thats even possible considering what Im using as leverage is them doing something highly illegal. It's essentially blackmail/extortion. You cant get attorney's involved when it comes to that.

Can I at least get my penis involved

Please do

..well what is the "evidence" you have?

Have you consulted a business attorney or are you just going off what you've seen in the movies??

I've been in a similar situation and honestly dude it almost never works our.

If you cut if off it will certainly be something to throw.

Why are you getting fired, you backstabbing piece of shit who obviously thought just riding the coattails of others' faggotry would be an easy life?
Did they figure out you were nothing but a freeloader?

Seriously, when big pharma fires you that should be a wake-up.

Whatever you "have" I guarantee you care about it way more than anyone else.

I literally just found this out last night from my manager and coworker who had quit last night. They got drunk, called me, and spilled the beans. Manager said I was supposed to get fired yesterday but they have some visitors from another pharma company on Tuesday and they want their top reps there. Im a top performer. Im not getting fired for performance related reasons. I have not consulted anybody yet.

That's no evidence of anything dude. You can't file a suit over that.

Im getting fired because the boss is an immature spoiled brat whose uncle owns the company and I'm not an ass kisser. I've butted heads with him a lot. It's not "big pharma", its an privately owned pharma distributor. The dirt I have would prevent them from getting accredited which is mandatory if their customers buying from us want to get reimbursed from insurance companies (PBM's). What they're doing would seriously fuck up the company from progressing.

I have the evidence of them doing illegal shit. I dont have solid evidence that Im getting fired. Just the word of a manager I highly trust and looks out for me. He's the one who would be doing the firing anyway.

No, it wouldn't.

Again, you don't understand corporate law.

The burden of proof is on you to prove that they fired you for a reason that's an established legal precedent of the company being in the wrong. Not only that.

You might even be working in/ a "right to work" state, which means a company can let you go without notice for almost anything.

Again, what is this illegal shit? It really sounds like you don't have a case and you're going to embarrass yourself.

No, it's a good idea to do what they meant for you to do in the time they gave you notice: GET ANOTHER JOB! Mongo

This is true, especially in a right to work state.
They could fire you because they don't like the smell of your cologne. Also as a whistleblower you need rock solid evidence of a crime committed but if its big and bad enough you qualify for whistleblower status and get federal protection I think. The only problem is no place that makes you sign a NDA will ever hire you again.

You can and you should. Do it in a way that is not putting you at risk of crossfire though. Say something like : btw, I wanted to talk to you about something, I heard that X and Y are highly illegal and the company could face a huge backlash if it ever went public, what do you think about that?

>t

Oh my god this is such a stupid idea.

If you do that you'd not only embarrass yourself, but you could be opening yourself up for getting into serious trouble if a company decides they want to bring you up on charges.

What charges? What proof are they bringing in? It's pretty much declarative, there is no threat or anything like that. Since it's a question it's not slander either.

Also, if they really are doing something they should not, they would probably avoid the publicity of a public court. It would damage their reputation whether they win or not.

Sure do it.

Again, this is not like the movies. Anything the company decides to interpret as a "threat" or "blackmail" rides on whether or not the company chooses to interpret it as such.

Let me tell all you dense motherfuckers a story.

A few years ago I worked at a prominent psychological services firm in Lancaster, PA. I ended up working closely with children, which meant I had a ton of training to do. One of them was on PA's mandated reporting stuff.

Basically,in light of Joe Paterno's mess-ups, if you even suspected that a child was being abused, you are required by law to report it. If a child under your care has abuse substantiated by somebody else and you did not report it, you can be brought up on charges.

Anyway, one of the kids I was working with showed up with a black eye. When I asked about it, the whole family went silent. Mom said she "HADN'T NOTICED IT" and the kid told me he went to an amusement park where someone who worked there pushed him into a telephone pole. When I told the mom that I had to report it, she instantly said she was going to cancel services.

So my boss talked to me about it (via email) and told me that I was required to ask her permission if I was going to ever file a report again. By the way, this is explicitly written in the law that an employer CANNOT require you to do this. She explained to me that "if the child gets taken away, we are no longer able to obtain insurance money for that child's care."

What a bunch of dirtbags. So not only were they asking me to objectively break the law, but they were threatening my job with it - all of which was done in email.

So I went to an attorney. Of the 9 that I went to, 8 said they had absolutely no interest in the case at all. The one attorney I spoke with said that, at best, they could get the company in trouble with the better business bureau, and at best I might get my job back (would you want to work there?).

The company got away with it.

Not denying the company won't get away with it, just saying that what the company considers to be a threat or blackmail does not automatically becomes an infraction. Just like you, they will need to prove their allegations. At that point, it's not like OP has anything to loose, he is being fired anyway, it's about negotiating his departure.

Also, he does not need to sue them, if what they are doing is illegal, reporting it to the authority would actually be the right thing to do.

Again, you're not understanding.

All the company has to do is say that, in the case that this person attempts to report them, that they feel as if they're being blackmailed.

These companies hold all the power. They have all the money, all the legal representation, the laws are already written to favor them, and they have way more resources. They can falsify whatever paperwork they want, and it's OP's job to now illustrate that papework is false.

Think about it dude, if the company says you blackmailed them, how would you defend yourself against that? "OH I JUST SO HAPPENED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS ILLEGAL SHIT THE DAY THEY FIRED ME. "

It's reassuring to think the little guy can come out on top, but there's no way this is a good idea.
'
And yes, he has a ton to lose. He could get brought up on charges, fuck up his reputation, pay exhaustive legal fees even if the company just tries to drag out the case.

He said it was a small business so I doubt they have that much power. But anyway this is irrelevant in the context of them actually doing something illegal. Their reputation is more important than 20K, not to talk about all the cost bringing charges would bring. Finally I don't know where you live but in my country the burden of proof is on the accuser.

Anyway, without info on what they actually did and if OP can prove it, it's hard to take an informed decision.

You really don't get it.

Bitch if the company is doing some illegal shit they won't sue OP. They'll just pay him to be quiet.
Or depending on what illegal shit it is, and who is in it, OP might end up being shot in a random parking lot.

This is what happens.
You fuckers thinking a drug company doing drug deals or skimming money will want to sue OP are just fucking retarded.
Take a look at the Miami Pill Mills, do you think they sued the informants who got them arrested?

Op this is going to jail shit. If you go for it do it when they fire you. It will be your boss and HRs word against you. And if you dirt you have is good it will help you more. Cause you drop it they take you court for blackmail you go they are blaming me for this I'm innocent. Next no writing, no text, no emails, no phone calls. Person to person.

>This a good idea?

No.