Lucas, who created the "Star Wars" saga...

>Lucas, who created the "Star Wars" saga, said he was against making the new movie "for the fans" and felt he sold the company he created, Lucasfilm, to "the white slavers," referring to Disney.

>"They looked at the stories and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans,'" Lucas said. "I said, 'All I want to do is tell a story'… They decided they didn’t want to use those [my] stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing.

>"I sold them to the white slavers that take these things and, and …" Lucas then stopped himself and laughed, probably realizing he was about to get himself into some hot water.

So Lucas wanted VII to be an actual movie with a new story but the Disney suits just wanted to make a fanservice movie instead. It's a shame really. TFA was forgettable as fuck. Nothing new was added to Star Wars. It was just a mirror of ANH.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8fP7YJtjbZY
youtube.com/watch?v=XGLqYr-pUvM
youtube.com/watch?v=IsdCGQbbd8k
youtube.com/watch?v=wyqjcoYImVg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ak0zy49qsHE
youtube.com/watch?v=LfUQrCeNm7k
youtube.com/watch?v=PjZCIsPyRGc&index=25&list=PLB9C4B4E92DF754C4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

VII would have been even more SJW than what it ended up being if Lucas had been involved.

>'All I want to do is tell a story'

no, please, no more stories

>to "the white slavers,"
Maybe this is really obvious to everyone else but pretty sure he just called Disney rapists here.

Lucas kept it well. The only black guys in Lucas' Star Wars movies were pretty good characters. Now we have a Mary Sue feminist and a nigger janitor running around fighting the white patriarchy.

wtf i hate george lucas now

wtf I hate Disney now

star wars never had a great story to begin with. i think he meant "i want to steal parts from stories i like and put them together"
maybe possibly if he was a writer, had a book, had something in mind for a story instead of just thinking "wouldn't this be cool?"

Damn and it would have been Lucas's best!

youtube.com/watch?v=8fP7YJtjbZY

Even the prequels were better than TFA. Atleast those were something new. They all contributed new things to Star Wars. New characters, new planets, new villains. TFA is just ANH. It doesn't seek anything bold or risky. It's safe as taking a shit.

Oh fuck you the prequels are masterpieces of cinema

I think this picture sums it up pretty well

>John Williams under Lucas' direction

youtube.com/watch?v=XGLqYr-pUvM

>John Williams under Disney's direction

youtube.com/watch?v=IsdCGQbbd8k

Please fuck off.

Williams' score in the prequels is 10/10 legendary.
You can tell that Williams had no inspiration or vision when making TFA score.

The only memorable score out of the whole thing is Rey's and then there was nothing significant about the rest. The music simply disappeared in the background.

Did he make the music for the TFA trailer? That sounded so good and a shame wasn't in the movie.

I recently rewatched this and I was actually impressed how engrossing the visuals were. The CGI has some awkward spots but when it works, it works really well.

Half of those look like shit from the dated cgi and the other half are just pretty shots. Is this supposed to prove the writing is good somehow?

The cinematography, colors and lighting is so beautiful. Williams' score for Attack of the Clones is one of the best things he has done.

Atleast AOTC looks and sounds like a Star Wars movie. The Capeshit Awakens couldn't even manage that.

apologize

Nah. He gave us this black dress (apparently based Lucas personally designed it) and Natalie's midriff in the arena scene.

TFA also had no first act because JJ was too busy making sure that it felt 100% like Episode 4, not caring about plotholes or characterizations

This.
There should have been a movie beforehand showing Luke in his prime, rebuilding the Jedi order, and the temptation of the dark side on Ren and the introduction of Snoke, and then the betrayal and construction of the Death Star 2.0 (I seriously can't remember the name of the planet)

I almost loved the prequels so why do I need to apologize?

Oh right, the moronic trolls who only hate the prequels because pathetic youtubers and early critics gave it negative reviews

I think everyones pretty fucking sorry at this point. Anyone sensible anyway. TFA was shit pure and simple, nothing to do with race.

The prequels have so much eye candy it's crazy. George was literally our guy. He would never hire the ugly monkey they have playing Rey.

kek

100% false. Not only did he give us this dress
But he let Natalie show her tummy by making her suit be ripped in a scene in Aotc

>can still remember every detail of the Anakin vs Obi-Wan fight when I was 15 and saw at the cinema
>can't remember a single thing about TFA save that cheesy speech not-Nazis held

Mew would have been a way better Rey than Daisy who felt too wooden and wasn't that good

how can one man be so based

>Reminder that JJ cut out this comedic gold scene which would have been hell fun to see in the cinema with a crowd

>Mew could have been Rey
Now I'm just mad.

Look. Give it up already. You lost. There were a million meme threads plus a handful half serious threads that blew you out the planet's gravity well into the Great Maw. The Prequels sucked.

>yfw you realize Dooku was actually a good guy that was about to destroy Sidious had the retarded jedis not intervened
The prequels have some layers to it

Yeah removing things that make it seem like marvel capeshit isn't a bad thing, or do starwars movies need more patented marvel quips to show just how thinly they reconstructed ANH over a standard marvel movie base.

reminder that they picked Daisey only because they wanted a nobody as to not spoiler who the main character was
don't believe the audition meme

>romantic poster
I loved this poster back in the day! I liked the idea of having Anakin and Padme really close together on there

>forgetting based TR-8R

Kylo mind end up either a really good or really terrible character; it's too early to tell.

I feel so sorry for GL desu

>audition meme
Irony that she showed me tears and emotion in this audition than she did in the movie

*might end up

>me tears
more tears*

>didn't want to spoil who the main character was
Why? It's not really a surprise in the movie.

>I feel so sorry for GL desu
You fucking should! It is all your fault for hating on the prequels that drove Lucas to sell it and not give a damn about his creation anymore.

Enjoy your Disney Wars

they wanted to build up hype

She is the most beautiful Star Wars character.

Haters can fuck off

>Hype for knock off Jaina, electric boogaloo.

>with a new story
And that story was probably terrible.

>casting a wooden actor with no experience compared to an actor who has experience and will therefore make the character come to life more
I don't understand Disney's master plan

>memorable character
>Dexter Jettster
Going a bit too far there. Still better than Minion Yoda.

At least Rey didn't bitch about sand.

>"You don't know the power of the dark side, ha-ha!"

We could've had three more movies with excellent John Williams music. Instead we got a bland and uninspired bore because Williams can't cooperate with the Disney jews.

youtube.com/watch?v=wyqjcoYImVg

The music really tells the different ambitions displayed by Lucas and Disney. One wanted a mesmerizing OST that would sell his drama piece. The other wanted something safe and "nostalgic" so the fat manchildren watching it would go home and upvote it on Reddit for being a carbon copy of ANH.

Sand was a metaphor for Anakin's slave childhood you pleb.

Am I meant to feel bad for Lucas? He was already a billionaire and could have made the last 3 movies with his own money. He had no reason to sell Star Wars. Fuck him

Wew lad calm down, I'm not the prequel hater you're looking for otherwise I agree

>Some unmemorable orange shit and a bar full of knock off trekkie creations and he is bitching about something with a funny name that actually looks like it should be in the starwars universe.

'no'

>Planet that basically might as well be Endor
Who ever made this needs to watch more Return of the Jedi.
Maz Resdefault's planet is more like Yavin 4.

That wasn't in the movies though, the layers are in the EU.

So you prefer Rey who is the worst written SW character ever? She is a literal Mary Sue the way Disney wrote her.

No one is able to learn what a mind trick jedi thing is in only a second.

NO ONE

We dont even know where she learned it

>It just suddenly came to her
THAT IS NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS

>They decided they didn’t want to use those [my] stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing.

And in the end they used his stories, and didn't do their own thing. I don't know who is more retarded, them or people supporting this business.

aaaand that's the best argument they can make

Yes it was. In Episode II. Dooku tells Obi-Wan that if Qui-Gon was alive, he would help him destroy the corruption of the senate. Obi-Wan rejects this as mere fear tactics but Dooku wasn't lying. Qui-Gon would've probably joined his rebellion.

She was a master jedi at the age of six, but her memory was wiped.

What's bad with the Star Wars story, it's not the deepest story out there, but it highlights a big problem that's out there in the real world.

>yfw they pull a Darth Revan and she was actually a bad guy with a wiped memory
The normalfags would eat that shit up so fast

Technically they ripped off his first movie and ideas from the EU.

So technically he was right but they still ripped him off too, its all kind of funny.

>it gets everywhere

W-Was Anakin a sex slave?

I should listen to VII's soundtrack by itself. I'm not sure if Williams just didn't write well or the sound design didn't let the music shine through.

Thats because Williams didnt have a powerful story to work with.

Episodes 1 - 3 are VERY story driven. Anyone who says their stories were dull must be memeing or brainwashed because there are so many layers to the prequels.

There is no layer to TFA which is just a bland action flick.

Lucas never just focused on action

>But episode 3 Obi won and Anakin fight was 15 minutes long
It was Anakin turning to the dark side! He was raised by Obi Won for years and now has betrayed him. It was meant to be very emotional and was with the Williams music

>She was a master jedi at the age of six
>At six
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Wouldn't surprise me if that is the opening in the second movie.

it just proves that TFA has shit pacing and didn't have any moment where the music could shine.
felt too much like a generic flick

>people pretend to like the prequels now
>people pretend to like George Lucas now
Star Wars has been garbage for 33 years, let it go

Nah Williams wrote terribly believe me.

There is one little good tune that plays when Finn and Poe are escaping but it only lasts 10 seconds and we never hear it again.

The fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ak0zy49qsHE

youtube.com/watch?v=LfUQrCeNm7k

Second one's not Williams, but where did it go so wrong?

Given how much of a hack Lucas is, I'm glad he sold the rights to Disney, who actually know how to make films. If you just ignore all the spinoff, Marvel-looking shit they'll do and focus on the main Star Wars films it's fine. it's literally impossible to make a worse trilogy than the prequels.

white slavers are his fans.
they are just too stupid to pick up on the joke.

>You thoughted that Kylo wasle the Revans!
>Yee have miss thougted it, for though he have hadeth the Mask, it was SHE who was the Revanses!
11/10 plot twist, pic related would be proud.

>Reddit Letter Media liked VII
>We won't even get an entertaining Mr Plinkett review trilogy

wew this sounds like its from a royalty free music library

It's all his fault, he knew who they were, when he sold SW to Di$ney, they already were a money making machine.
It's not like Lucas needed more money, he could have left it alone.

I know what you're talking about. That was the only musical moment I clearly remember, and I've watched the movie twice. There was another good moment when the characters were leaving a spaceship, but I don't even remember which time.

Even in the TIE fighter chase, the music was overshadowed by really loud explosion noises.

I've always thought they were more than watchable.
Only I've always kept my mouth shut about it.

Granted I don't think TFA was awful. I enjoyed it. It's just very uninteresting. Like all the Marvel movies. Inoffensive blockbusters you watch once or twice and forget about

>Lucas was a Methodist

PICKED UP

>Disney, who actually know how to make films.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

He should have released his rights into the public domain or a really permissive license. That would have been totally based. Now Disney owns the rights, and they're never gonna let go.

>Disney don't know how to make films
>Literally been round since like the 30s making films
I thought summer was over?

I don't think the prequels were great, but I like them. The visuals and music were great.

>PICKED UP
Oh boy, new meme.

Sounds like a worse version of youtube.com/watch?v=PjZCIsPyRGc&index=25&list=PLB9C4B4E92DF754C4

>Episodes 1 - 3 are VERY story driven.
Pity that the stories are fucking dreadful.

Disney risked ALL with this new tie fighter design, in 30 years the bad white men managed to add some red spray paint

Not even 80+ years of filmmaking saved us from tfa