Trying to quit boozing, should i taper off or quit cold turkey? drinking roughly 100oz per day...

trying to quit boozing, should i taper off or quit cold turkey? drinking roughly 100oz per day, only side effects are nightmares in my sleep

Taper off. You'll hate life a little less.

100z of beer

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop
>AA

Well, if you don't taper off, you'll probably die, so taper off.

Does any treatment "taper off"?

You quit. Entirely. Stop. Today, don't anything drink today. Get up and do it tomorrow again.

Seek medical attention, then counseling though a group or whatever.

You can do it, i belive in you user

Cold turkey, "taper off" just doesn't work.

>nightmares

Shit m8, I started getting these too. Literally gone a full week of nightmare after nightmare.

>go to bed, watch videos to get sleepy
>sleep
>wake up in the middle of the night burning up and scared but too tired/lazy to do anything
>fall asleep and the ride begins
>wake up early and traumatized

Is this normal anons? I guess a quick google search would clear it up but I want to hear from you guys.

Have you guys ever had this problem while heavy drinking?

Yes, lots of treatments taper off.

Especially heavy alcoholism. It's dangerous to stop suddenly. You can die.

Can't do it alone. Just keep drinking.

Needs medical treatment regardless.

Use benzos if you have to taper off
That will prevent det seizures and delerium + hjelp you sleep

Never go cold turkey with alcohol

>100z of beer
>8 drinks in a day
If this is you, OP, I have quit booze cold turkey when drinking double that on the reg with no ill effects multiple times. In fact, I have wondered about how much booze one needs to drink in a day to risk withdrawals when quitting, and I wasn't able to find a good answer for that. If anyone has a good sauce on that, please post it.

t. Not a doctor.

start smoking weed and stop drinking cold turkey at the same time. the weed will help you off the alcohol and is non addicting. I know.

Cols turley, uou dont drink enough to experience signifigant withdrawls..

100oz of whiskey and youd have a problem

AA is a cult, they only help those who they want to help, their friends and homies.. If you are an outsider you will be ignored

AA is a violent lie.It is based on paranormal magic by invoking a deity.

yeah fuck AA

Taper off, especially if you get the shakes.

100 oz. of what? If it's beer should be ok. If it's booze well Good Bless the Queen.

100 Oz of beer a day is not that big a deal. If it was 90 proof vodka, that's a different story. Just six today, four tomorrow, two the next day. You shouldn't have any problems. Hardcover alcoholics drink at least of quart of hard liquor a day.

Don't listen to this fuck.

8 beers a day is amateur. You're not going to have fucking withdrawals. Don't be a pussy.

Agreed.

Not to down play your predicament OP but 8 beers a day is child's play. The physiological withdrawals SHOULD be minimal and moving forward it is purely willpower. Fight the good fight my dude and good luck.

AA is not a cult. It works for some people but not all.

AA is a cult, they only help those who they want to help, their friends and homies.. If you are an outsider you will be ignored

Ita a 100% sure enough cult that is hurting people more then i helps, AA/NA kills people

The ones who failed just failed to follow the steps right? Aa has a 100% success rate according to them

100 Oz of hard booze? If so, you will need in patient detox. If it's beer, meh...just quit. I used to drink about 6 to 8 beers a day, got fat and decided to quit. Didn't sleep well the first night, craved some Ben and Jerry's the second day, and then felt fucking great the third day. Lost 40 pounds in about three months.

Do you how long it takes after stopping cold turkey for these things, shakes and such, to start to happen, is it immediately or after a few days

or a court order and the desire to keep drinking.

jesus christ I can't imagine downing nearly 3 liters of spirits every day.

Usually following treatment of the initial hang-over. Symptoms and cravings can persist for days depending on the severity of the addiction.

For me, if the hangover is severe, the next day I get cravings, but if the hangover is mild then usually I get cravings in the evening (around the time I start boozing anyway).

I had the same problem, slowly stop. A week at a time, the nightmares are from withdraws. Starting Monday do 75oz then the following week 50oz and so on. Don't go to a facility, they'll stop you cold turkey and it's gonna hurt. Smoke weed if you can the nights you feel aches or can't really sleep. It will take some time. If you do decide to stop cold turkey go to a sauna or sweat lodge to sweat out as much alcohol in your system as possible and drink lots of water, to the point you're pissing every other hour. But again that's gonna be the most painful method

alcoholicfag here.
I used to drink a bottle of hard booze a day and went through 3 rehabs already. Cold turkey that shit is brutal, day 1-3 are mostly vomiting, shivering and sweating, insane nightmares, panic attacks, tremors. Day 4-6 it calms down a bit, but you won't be able to get any sleep at night. I don't recommend doing this alone, it needs medical supervision and benzos or other drugs or things can get very dangerous.
If wine is your booze of choice, you sort of get a light version of the above. Not pleasant, but doable on your own without medication.
Quitting beer is a walk in the park, you will hardly feel any withdrawal at all. You will have trouble to sleep, though. That goes away after 1-2 weeks.
In your case (beer) just cold turkey that shit. Don't taper off, there's really no need for that in terms of safety and it would only make things more difficult for you.