This is the hourly wage of a server in America

>this is the hourly wage of a server in America
Why is this allowed?

Because they should get a real job.

restaurant mob unions.

now, they do get tips put into their wages as well so if that equals state minimum wage then the owner does not need to supplement the difference. They are guaranteed at least minimum wage.

>get paid shitty wage
>continue to work for shitty wage

Clearly you're content with it.

If the wage was that shit, you and all the other servers would quit and force businesses to either pay more or go bust.

Quit complaining, the only people to blame for shitty wages are people who work for shitty wages.

Those pennies add up you fucking meme

Because servers are paid in tips and usually end up making way more than minimum wage if they're competent at their job.

So you are saying they should form a union

Thats not the hourly wage of a server. The hourly wage of a server depends on the tips they receive, which generally ads up to over 10 bucks an hour if the server is competent and the restaurant has a good amount of customers.

To make that much you dont need much. Serving one-two people per hour would put you over 10 bucks if each one tipped at least 5 bucks (not including the hourly min wage they get).

Also since the tips are cash they can easily avoid reporting income which means they make even more per hour.

This dumb leftist meme needs to die. Being a server is one of the more high paying alternatives for those without any real skills.

this retarded tipping business is why the wages for servers are so low. A tip should be for exceptional service, yet Americans have changed it to be almost obligatory.

If tips didn't exist, or even were less prevalent, the wage for servers would go up.

Unions are bad but they shouldn't have any government protections. Unions are just corporations with a monopoly on labor.

What do they need money for?

>muh tiipss

because they are peasants AKA servants

Kek.

My bartender here once gave me back 2 Euro, because he said I shouldnt tip so much.

He makes like 10/hour and 20 with tips. Free education and free healthcare allows him to literally live like a human being and even buy nice clothes and go out with friends.

Sucks to be a poor country.

>muh poor people deserve to be poor

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

Because they make money off of tips, It is literally the ideal payment method because it in sensitizes hard work and people pay however much they can. (Poor person can get a cheap meal by paying no tip rich person can leave big tip and feel good for themselves.) Go to a nation like France were the waiters get paid a high wage and it is also very hard to fire them, the service is so bad you literally have to fight them to go to your table.

>This is the lie waiters tell to get more of your money

Yeah nah m8 I've worked as a waiter and every coworker that spouts that bullshit is baiting for tips.

>in sensitizes

No employee in America can legally make less than $7.25 an hour.

>literally the ideal payment method

It's not. Hourly wage for a server is half minumum wage. Federal minimum wage is 7.25, there is literally no place in the US where servers can be legally paid 2.13 an hour.

Because waiters and waitress are essentially independent contractors that you pay to bring you food and beverages at the restaurant that you are in sure they work at a restaurant but its generally a subsistence wage they really get paid on tips. Good servers earn more shitty servers earn less. Overall tipping is stupid practice for a lot of reasons but it is ingrained in american culture so it likely wont change.

There are no tips in Japan and the service is great
+you don't have to jew in the end of the meal

tipping is a prvilige not a right

Tips aren't "payment" or "wage". They are donations.

Fpbp. Their job requires no skill.

In like 9 states.

1/10 made me reply.

>muh skill
like working like a bitch doesn't matter

Because customers have to make up the difference.

Because people agree to work for that amount

Fuck are you on about Ahmed? I've literally never seen someone working as a waiter but not being able to afford clothes and having fun with their friends, all of them have cars and live in decent parts of the city

>people call me cheap for tipping the same on a 20 or 35 dollar bill

I got the same amount of food, but one day I decided to get something more expensive. Why do I tip more for that?

Nah. That's never been the case. You have to report your tips manually in 99% of restaurants, and if you say "I didn't make minimum wage, please compensate me equal to it", you will get fired. Immediately if not sooner. It will be under a slew of violations or lack of quality in workmanship, digging up old video footage of people looking discontent with your service, anything. I know because I ran a number of small local restaurants in NYC and chicago for years. I did exactly that when servers came up to me asking to be compensated. I did not make enough money to cut out of our profits to make up for a server, unless they were exceptionally charismatic, like, we're talking manson levels of charisma. And even then I was heavily repremanded for throwing money away. There are thousands if not tens of thousands of people willing to take a shitty server job. You are not special, you are not unique, you will not hold that job if you can't fucking make people want to give you more money. Pick out your customers carefully.

>Paid to take food from kitchen 10feet to table
>paid to ask what you want to eat and then get it wrong half the time
Literally don't get why this fucking middleman job even exists

This. Tip should be based on the number of dishes and the quality of service.

servers dont make tips when there's niggers eating at therestaurants. common stereotype.

In 5 to 10 years, it won't anymore.

>they are donations
They exist, which you seem to be trying to skirt around here. At the end of the day it goes into their pockets.

>it's not the wage!
It is the payment they get when they do their job, and only if they do their job well.

Because they're obviously more than happy with the tips they make for a days work.

Fuck modern waitstaff though. Their expectations of a fair, even good, tip for the lowest effort possible is so entitled that I refuse to eat out unless necessary. They all babble on about minimum wage, but then we won't be tipping, which they seem to unable to comprehend.

Guaranteed they would make less money, I've seen what waitstaff makes in a night in tips, it's far better than minimum wage, and it's far more than money such a low effort low IQ required job should give.

Compared to the people in the kitchen servers are millionaires.

Man im so glad i make 23/hr doing fuck all as a movie extra

This is what you get if you work a job intended for students.

Because servers accept it?

I don't understand this minimum wage shit at all.

No one is forcing you to accept minimum wage.

If you have no other option then you should be gracious that you get paid even that much.

this

If they don't get tipped up to minimum the owner has to give them the difference to guarantee minimum.

Most of them make way past that in tips though.