werwolfsblut.bandcamp.com/album/dungeon-dirges
moonworshipper.bandcamp.com/album/a-night-of-fine-wine-and-hideous-voices
ephemerallandscapes.bandcamp.com/album/ephemeral-landscapes-ii
youtube.com/watch?v=KvloaZtzko8
youtube.com/watch?v=4a7a28NifQc
moonworshipper.bandcamp.com/album/blood-tower-apothecarium
foolish-fire.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do you think of this "dungeon noise" bullshit?

How is this so good

Thoughts on aoty?

Why does this gay board hate dungeon synth

More like pic related?

Have you heard their new release?

Nah I'll check it out though. Thanks.

Did dungeon beats ever take off?

No, surprisingly. Not yet at least. As far as I know

This is p good. Ranseur side project

When that album blew up and became a meme I was so excited to see some variety injected into dungeon synth but it never happened. Is there even any hope?

What kind of variety are you looking for? Have you heard this:

i want to like this stuff, but most of it is too cheesy for me to get into. i was expecting black metal aesthetics with synths, and i got video game music from 1994.

Not much of it sounds that video gamey, what did you listen to? I bet you'd enjoy this:
werwolfsblut.bandcamp.com/album/dungeon-dirges

Also:
moonworshipper.bandcamp.com/album/a-night-of-fine-wine-and-hideous-voices

this is getting warming for me. werewolfsblut's second release is pretty cool so far.

>I Heard Terrible Noises Coming From the Attic
>that clarinet / recorder thing
i think i need to leave

This. Their new ep is probably my DSAOTY so far. I think i like it more than the first. It's more complex and technical.
ephemerallandscapes.bandcamp.com/album/ephemeral-landscapes-ii

What are your guys favorite releases from this year?

>What are your guys favorite releases from this year?

>i got video game music from 1994.
that's what it's supposed to be. the noisy stuff is okay but the ambient runescape music is the best DS. try these
youtube.com/watch?v=KvloaZtzko8
youtube.com/watch?v=4a7a28NifQc

damn that's a sweet album cover. i haven't heard this yet. will give it a listen.

moonworshipper.bandcamp.com/album/blood-tower-apothecarium

>What are your guys favorite releases from this year?

why do so many DS artists release their music with incense and herbal tea and stuff? are you supposed to meditate while listening?

these are awesome - thanks m80.

nice i'm glad you like them. those are a couple of my favorite releases

it's great stuff

atmospheric black metal but if anyone hasn't heard Melancholie2 by Cold World yet it's recommended if you like the genre

i don't like it at all. seems like a half-assed way to make dungeon synth without learning how to compose. also, most of it is way too abrasive. the whole point of dungeon synth is to juxtapose soft, ambient music against the already noisy and abrasive black metal genre. if you want to make loud noisy stuff then make black metal

this is just a generalization though. i haven't heard nearly all of the albums on there, and some of the ones that i have heard i enjoyed. that new chaucerian myth is fantastic as usual

bump. this is another favorite of mine from this year. the first song may be the best dungeon synth song ive ever heard. it's just a shame that the second one is such a drop in quality.
foolish-fire.bandcamp.com/

glacial chambers is p cool

apothecarium was the only guy that I know to do that. that release was the best tape of 2016 desu it didn't get nearly as much attention as it deserved

Bump

That's the spirit!
Did you get the tape? I really like track 2

Yeah I thought it'd be more common but I've only seen that one tape packaged with tea and shit. I have seen other tapes packaged with other shit, like the various path of silence releases

Is there anything like dungeon synth mixed with (gothic) post punk?

Neoclassical darkwave may be more your thing

Also why are there two DS threads