How will youtube's demonetisation policy effect them...

How will youtube's demonetisation policy effect them? I can't imagine Mike's outspoken and politically incorrect views on race being deemed "advertiser friendly"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MHel_6sx0Jw?t=123
socialblade.com/youtube/user/redlettermedia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They have Patreon.

uhh they will post on the website ?

If I owned a gun shop, liquor store or whorehouse I'd pay extra to get my ads on their show

(((BAUMAN)))

Look at Jay here

We can all make it guys

The videos on their website are YouTube embeds

>demonetisation policy

explain

why don't they just let advertisers choose which types of videos they want to put their advertisments in?

Youtube are now removing the ability to monetize videos that they deem offensive.

So literally anything over PG13 gets hit. Only problem is Youtube personally selects what videos get hit, and will obviously pick on smaller Youtubers whilst ignoring the bigger ones.

They do, but not many advertisers opt in to have their ads shown on videos tagged with things like rape and suicide. The guy from h3h3 said that a video put on that list only gets ~10% of the ad money that a regular video gets.

Youtube only seems to be checking tags and titles.

That requires you to actually go to the gym and the barber, you know

It also requires a good base to work with. Jay's a handsome cat and I'd definetly suck his dick, but getting in shape and growing a beard is only going to do so much if you're inherently an ugly piece of shit.

No more money for retards who do lets play and stuff

I don't think youtube would do that, let's players is one of their best revenue streams.

They are cleaning up youtube, the "offensive" nature of the videos removed is just an excuse.
Clickbait and low quality videos are trash and youtube wants to be more like a modern day TV station I guess.

Literally everyone is being retarded about this demonetisation shit. They're not going to demonitize every video with swearing in it.

Their policy literally says that they can and will. The ToS prohibits "profanity and vulgar language" in monetised videos.

Will mike go on a massive vodka bender after he loses all of his money?

Will Jack start running guns across the Canadian border to supplant RLMs income?

I heard they were going to demonetize Sup Forums next

They CAN. But they won't. The only videos getting demonitised are ones with words like rape and suicide in the titles. It's just an algorythm scanning them. These policies have been in affect for over a year and everyone's been fine. They've just updated it so now youtube channels are more aware of it. If RLM wasn't getting videos demonitised before a couple of days ago, they're not going to now.

It is just a pretext. Almost any video has some form of swearing, so you can remove monetarization on any video you like.
If you know anything about how youtube works as a business you know they need strong networks. Right now there are to many small networks, they want to promote certain channels and make they others less productive. They are in the phase where they know what the consumers want, and now they are restructuring in order to receive more money for less channels.

Go fuck yourself retard, Youtube aren't cleaning up as much as they are censoring content.

People making fucking news videos are being censored because of the "offensive" topics they report on.

Also you're fucking dreaming if you think Youtube is trying to remove low-quality videos. They're only trying to encourage more, the way the monetization works is the longer the video is and the more often they are uploaded, the more money and subscribers you receive.

Learn what real "censorship" is, dumbass.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Try to calm down you seem upset.
As I explained in youtube just does what is viable for a business.
If you think they "censor" things because they are motivated politically you must be really naive. What would they get from that? If you ahve an answer tell me please.
They want to stop paying certain groups of channels. They know the consumer market on their channel, and they are going to streamline the way money flows.

You have no clue what censorship is, dumbass.

>People making fucking news videos are being censored because of the "offensive" topics they report on.
How? They can still upload videos. Not getting ad revenue is not the same as censorship, no matter how you want to distort reality to think that it is. Youtube/Google is a privately owned company. If they have advertisers that aren't comfortable running ads on certain types of videos, it's in their right as a privately owned company to comply with that. You must be very young or very stupid to think that qualifies as censorship.

b-b-but da joos
they want to censor our channels!
Sup Forums told me it's censorship

4chainz make money?

Of course. It always has. Moot is a lying hack.

They can do what Ashens did

youtu.be/MHel_6sx0Jw?t=123

socialblade.com/youtube/user/redlettermedia

>reminder that with youtube cpm, patreon, RLM merch, space cop blu rays, scream factory sponsorships, and previously recorded stream donations Jay, Mike, and Rich are literal millionaires.

I'm in favor of banning ads on earthquake footage and stuff like that. Making money with something like that is wrong. Journalism is one thing, but this is something different.

>Clickbait and low quality videos are trash and youtube wants to be more like a modern day TV station I guess.
>in a nutshell is low quality trash that doesn't belong on youtube

>I'm bad at math

these guys are terrific

Because Google is smarter than the rest of us and knows what's best.

It isn't censorship retard. Advertisers just don't want to be associated with offensive content, so they pressured YT into implementing this policy.

>£14.5K - £231.5K
>Estimated Yearly Earnings
>split between the whole crew

Oh yeah, I'm sure they live like kangz 'n shiet. They blow money on stupid sets and props all the time, so even with the Patreon and stuff, there's not going to be a huge amount left.

Now that they have to fully depend on patreon they'll likely stop doing shit like splitting up the Suicide Squad and Stranger Things reviews when they could've just been one episode.

They're still going to get youtube ad revenue. Everyone is so off the mark about what is happening on youtube, it's embarrassing.