How did your local mall die?

How did your local mall die?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadmalls.com/stories.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DNkbMhCbFMk
youtube.com/watch?v=J4b0UlAZcH4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Blacks

Niggers and cholo gangs started hanging out there. A new, better one was built further out in the burbs away from bus lines.

A better one opening down the street

It's weird that North American malls are dying, they're building them by the dozen over here at the moment.

high rent? thats whats killing the smaller "arcade" places

it's funny, this happened to my mall too. i guess in a way you can think of the american mall as a microcosm of america as a whole. made even more relevant by the fact that a ton of them losing money and having retail spaces going out of business because everyone just shops online

The vast majority of US malls are owned by Simon Properties.
>Simon
I know, right?

1/3 of all US retail growth in the last quarter occurred at one company: Amazon.

Retail is dying again.

My mom told me recently that the mall in my hometown (in Canada) shut down.

Most cities in North America are dead cities at this point. Shame.

No mall ever died ever

Niggers

I find this weird too. Seems like tonnes of retail space is still opening here in Korea, and not much is vacant, despite online shopping taking off. I suspect the glut in fast approaching.

High rent, sky-high parking costs for the town center, inadequate council members and the internet.

The people in charge locally don't seem to have a clue what they're doing, shit's been deteriorating for years, shops closing and only big multinationals can keep up with the rising costs and a shrinking amount of visitors.

Niggers. Nobody likes niggers.

Aldi and/or Lidl took over.

>Niggers

this
Shitcago added a bus route to funnel niggers from the city to that mall
1 year later..no mall

it was shit and too small everything was also expensive as hell glad it died.

/Thread.

Every mall opens away from nigs.

Nigs get above 5% of the population in mall. Mall dies.

Nigs hang out all day in malls since they dont/wont work. nigs suck

I live near houston the only one that died was gulfgate. Its a strip center now

Plenty of them over here.

These are the correct answers. 5 years ago, my cities mall was clean and vibrant. Much like everyone else, the city extended the bus line out to the suburbs and the transformation was over night. I would go there and it was nothing but closed store fronts and packs of 5-10 niggers standing around. Not a place where any rational adult would want to spend any amount of time

I believe it was Chris Rock who said "there's the mall white people go to and the mall white people used to go to"

My mall is fine and thriving. The problem is, though, is that it is FILLED TO THE FUCKING BRIM with niggers. Everywhere. It is so freaking odd me and my friends will go to the mall with a notebook while we visit to count how many white people we notice. All types of niggers in there, it's like an Alien colony with their own types of species.

slowly along with america

Anybody remember the video of niggers in Baltimore taking the new train line to the mall in the affluent burbs, doing a smash /grab, and running back to the train home.

If there is any consolation it's that the Merchants are the victims of their pets.

I'll bet that within 20 years you will have to be buzzed into the store and check your bags with security just like in Central America.

This

It was simply the worse of the two malls.

Interesting: deadmalls.com/stories.html

Malls are a good precursor to who lives in your area/what it will be like in a few years. The people who go to school, work and live in the area all shop at the mall. Tourists are a small percentage.

Tick
Tock

Please don't derail thread.

Niggers running around stealing shit in gangs, and harassing people on a daily basis. The mall imposed a policy that there were no more then three teens together, and drove away the few remaining white kids. Half of the stores are now closed. The only ones open are Reebok, Footlocker, and yes fastfood shit like Mcdicks, and KFC.

JOOZ KILLED OUR LOCAL MALL N SHIT

This primary gun selection is absolutely terrible

>Only one shotgun and its European

/thread

It slowly turned into a mexican shithole that sells knock off sunglasses and soccer jerseys while the good stores went out of business

wow...
I came here to post this.
Drug deals
Pimping
Vandalism

The only thing open is a JC Penny, bong shop and tobacco/liquor store

Delete this!

The two newer ones killed the two older ones that got filled up with niggers. I just wish we'd get a Cinnabon again. I miss them.

It didn't. I live near the Mall of America

Malls and big box stores were not worth mourning.

Millennials, which I can say because I am one.

I loved going to malls. I love people watching and window shopping. I love going into game stores to check out box art. I love going to the Discovery Store and Sharper Image to check out all the neat gadgets. I love meeting up with people at the food court. I love checking out gag gifts at Soencers.

People my age aren't into that stuff anymore. They'd rather digitally download games that they'll never think twice about and they have absolutely no interest in window shopping or doing anything social with their friends at all.

I live next to basically the only remaining mall in my city and back when I used to smoke weed sometimes my friend would drive out and we'd smoke in the car and hang out. Often times I'd suggest we go inside and walk around and do all of the things I mentioned earlier and every time my friend just wanted to stay in the car playing his Nintendo DS.

I think I would have really enjoyed growing up in the 90s where the mall was the designated hangout spot. I live in Sacramento where they just tore down the downtown mall to put in a stadium. Feels bad man.

It's just a bunch of different variations of "Dollar Tree", "Nike shoe store" and "greasy fast food"

The only other stores are cellphone related

Niggers from wall to wall, being loud, rude, shooting you the evil eye and daring you to do anything about it

All of the kiosks in the middle of the mall are just cell phone vendors with some 6 foot tall skinny buck, wearing a tie, running in front of you going "SAY BRAH SAY BRAH YOU NEED A CELL FOAM"

Suburbs and nigs

What's funny is that Wikipedia articles about dead malls will blame the problem on "white flight"

In all mall threads this comes up. I live in an area with minimal blacks and our mall is vibrant.

Same in my city. There were always vehicle break ins and muggings in the parking lot but then there were flash mobs, shootings, and knockout games in the news nearly every week. No one with any money and sense goes anywhere near the mall and all the stores are closing now.

woild niggers still go to the mall if there wasn't a footlocker? All they ever talk about is expensive shoes with their welfare checks

Theres nothing good there. Everything can be bought cheaper online. Even the kids stopped hanging out there. Now when you go in half the stores are empty.

Never been in a mall here, I don't think I've even seen one.

I've been in one in the US. Full of Blacks and White trash teens.

>What's funny is that Wikipedia articles about dead malls will blame the problem on "white flight"

I hate the whole white flight bullshit meme
What happened here
>mall is nice
> makes money for decades
>City of Shitcago reroutes and extends bus line so niggers can come to the mall
>niggers hang out in mall
>steal shit from stores
>only spend money at food court IF they spend money at all
>break into cars and mug people
>steal backs if left alone for 2 seconds
>people stop going to the mall
>stores begin to close
>"afrocentric" stores open in their place
>number of pavement apes increases
>parking lot now 90% empty
>even nigger stores leave
>mall now dead

Two sides, same coin.

These places have gotten so popular in the last few years. There is one on every corner.

Who is dumb enough to use them?

They're for niggers who cant manage to keep a minimum balance in a checking account but can "afford" to pay the check cashing fee every two weeks

Yeah that's the key. The 3 closet malls to me are all in or near wealthy or wealtyish areas. Not many blacks go to them and they're very nice and lively

$300 loan for $20? Sheeeit, that's $280 profit!

People that look like this

youtube.com/watch?v=DNkbMhCbFMk
my friend showed me this guys channel who just kind of walks around and explores these comatose ones that are hanging on by a thread

>tfw no vacant mall to walk around by myself in a huge empty mall

It didn't. Hell with all the weather we're having I doubt there's ever going to be a reason malls in this city go out of fashion.

Mine is going through an interesting metamorphosis. The mall owners saw the end coming and dropped the rent significantly, and because of that a HUGE population of Indians moved in. There are all these stores selling products from India and it'd be kind of cool if the Indians weren't all so rude. A friend and I briefly opened a candy store there when rent dipped, but we closed recently. The cheap rent just wasn't worth the shitty profits and rude Indian men.

Well one of the very prosperous malls that had about 50-100 small shops back in 2005 where completely full. Back in middle school that was the go to spot to hang out.

Over time it began to slowly collapse into itself.

Now there's about 5 actual stores (target, homedepot, some early learning place, pizza shop, bed bath and beyond and a jewelry place.

Besides the gym, a few of the small food stops that are mostly family run. The US Airforce recruiting center, US Marshalls offices, State Police and some of those shitty vendors that sell shit items are the only ones left.

It's quite sad really, I remember when it was thriving and an active place.

Now it's a literal ghost town. All the shops have the bars down and everything inside the empty shops are collecting dust. Now it's pretty much just guys in suits and state troopers on their lunch breaks getting food.

It's sad too, they just remodeled the interior and it looks really good.

They don't even have mall security roaming around the interior anymore.

I had a lot of memories in that place.

If one of those major stores pulls out, then it's probably good bye to the mall...

>image is of the mall

>tfw you'll never buy up an entire mall and turn the stores into exotic luxury apartments because all the malls in your country are doing well

Poor people, you can fill in that blank however you'd like.

Poor people are too stupid to open bank accounts, they're perfectly content cashing their paychecks from McDonalds at these check cashing places for a 10-15% fee.

Those places are seriously everywhere in the ghetto. I live in a ghetto-ish part of my city and there's one every 2-3 blocks. In the neighborhood that I grew up in there's literally only 1 in a 10 mile radius and I'm sure it's on the brink of closure.

Because in Europe the amount of Malls is ot as disproportional to the size of the population as in the USA or Canada. Look at the malls of Arabia in 20-30 years.

we have a mall at stratford near the Olympic stadium, me and friends skate their past 8, more recently fucking niggers started showing up to sell weed and fucking stacies!

Spics and niggers.

Amazon

my mall is infested with blacks, but it hasn't closed down? wtf? how are niggers the problem?

it's online shopping you idiots

you guys jus have inferiority complex because you have no pack, and they do.

Yep. It is not a good idea to hang around any mall in chicago. Even downtown water tower place is heavily policed and full of "urban youth"

Amazon and online shopping killed it, and everybody (Including the business owners who were charged a shit ton for rent in the mall) realized that getting raped by malls sucked

They recently built a new one and it's completely empty apart from the supermarket.

Sandniggers use the central area as a hangout place so no one wants to even visit that supermarket at peak hours.

Literally niggers.

One time around Christmas in the late '80s, when the mall was still doing well, a girl returned to her car and was shot in the head by a nigger waiting in the backseat. At that point white people started staying away and the mall declined steadily until it eventually closed in 2001.

The mall still sits there today, rotting away.

>hangout

You mean grooming grounds.

NIGGERS

No, really my shobbos mensch. Buy into my REIT. There is going to be a shopping renaissance. The malls will be great again!

>no one wants to even visit that supermarket at peak hours
peak hours pretty much means that's when the most people are visiting.

D-did they fuck?

>online shopping was the problem 15 years ago
Ya, no

>vibrant

"Rich and vibrant", you mean?

A better, cleaner, nicer, bigger, more touristy outdoor outlet opened up just down the road from it. People stopped shopping there, and pretty soon all the shops either moved out or closed down. Feels good to live in a town niggers haven't totally ruined yet, but they will in my lifetime.

The mall died but the CBD is on the rise again. Personally, I'm ok with that. I prefer an actual town to a mall.

It's not just niggers, it's Muslims to I've seen so many underwear heads in the malls before they closed never seen it like that.
It's like they imported Muslims thinking they woulld buy stuff

>ice rink in a mall
Neat.

Blacks. Online shopping.
On a 75/25 split.

Why lend $300 for $20?

Why not just give out $280

Isn't that the mall in Dead City in Rage? It looks so familiar!

need to get their information for collateral

Seriously? It's saying $20 interest on the principal of $300

Wal-Mart and this

fpbp

Live out in countryside some how have a mall. Drug rehab place opens up near mall. Suddenly niggers and section 8 housing. Mall pretty much dead.

>lone black kid with white students at school bus stop
>he keeps running into the road to scare drivers almost gets hit 2 times keeps laughing the drivers.
>put window down and when he runs out heading for my car throw and watch my hot coffee cup explode over niggers face
>start laughing
>slow down and park on main street
>little nigger starts coming to my vehicle
>get out im 6'3 230lbs. Tell him its not start to run at cars one of these days he going to get hit.

Little nigger backs down and sits at bus stop. Teenage and adult niggers are the worst and ruin towns.

A hosting company here took over a dead mall to use as their office space.

youtube.com/watch?v=J4b0UlAZcH4

>tfw another mall is planned in my town
>we already have _3_
thanks to being just a few kilometers away from border to Norway, the trade is insane here

because my neighborhood is filled with younger kids or older folk

You're exactly the kind of person those places exist for, the financially retarded.

They didn't allow lucrative businesses to enter on the grounds of morality clauses. Now it's being torn down to create a really nice out door shopping center like one would see near a beach. Think of an outlet mall with restaurants as well.

Pic related, the same company that owns this is essentially recreating on the current land.

That's a comfy looking mall

It WAS comfy, until Simon group (lel) took it over, raised the rents (kikes raising rents? No way!) and now its all extremely high end stores, like fancy jewelry stores and expensive clothes. Not really worth going to anymore unless you are in the top 10% of income earners, I'd say

My local mall is always packed with wealthy gooks, so all the stores are making bank.

Maybe up there in Canada. My area the malls are alive but a vast majority of people don't even bother because everything is so marked up.

Generally if there's something you need Walmart > Online > Any other store > Finding it randomly on the ground > The mall