Want to be a shoegaze musician

>want to be a shoegaze musician
>holy shit petals are expensive

is shoegaze the ultimate upper middle class white genre via requiring disposable income?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveless_(album)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. Join the club.

>petals

>>want to be a shoegaze musician
>>holy shit petals are expensive

The only people who want to become a shoegaze musician nowadays are gay tumblr kids.

yes, why do you think the whole 90s scene originated in the rich parts of the UK?

Oh no! You'll have to be creative and do with what you have and create something unique. How sad is that! Better not do it because it's a known fact that income makes people way more creative. Just give up OP. Start a blog and expose this injustice to the world!

you're not a musician are you? i mean you have a squire/epiphone but so does my little sister. fuck off faggot.

All the good shoegaze music has already been made.

>thinking being creative is differs between disciplines

Here's a tip from a non-musician that still lives from his art. If you want to work on your creativity, limit what you use in your piece. Use less colors, less pedals, less clay. It doesn't matter. It's basic art theory shit.

How do i get into this album? I've listened to it about three times, once doing nothing but looking at the lyrics, and twice just in the background. Its not like i dislike it, i just feel like theres a missing piece or it hasnt clicked yet. What do?

It means you have wretched soul. This album is only a test to expose those who are impure.

This is their most accessible album. Just stop listening to it and start wearing a helmet to protect your soft little head.

just get a fuzz and a reverb pedal and a guitar with a trem arm its literally that easy, you can get both of those for under 100

thanks for the tip, guy

>once doing nothing but looking at the lyrics
You do realize you were listening to a shoegaze album? Lyrics and vocals are used as just another layer of instrumentation.
>and twice just in the background.
If you don't want to truly appreciate music, keep doing that. If you do, watch this and revisit the album:
youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveless_(album)

>only whites are rich

Racist

no, i dont really know what shoegaze is. i just checked it out because ia lot of people on this board seem to like it and its rated pretty highly. thanks for the suggestion though

Found the nigger

Listen to it in the foreground without paying attention to the lyrics

Always buy used. Also, you don't need a fifty pedals. Just a distortion or two and whatever type of reverb for the style you like. Anything else is extra. Most people buy pedals they think they'll use and never touch them.

thanks will do

Where is a good place to shop used? Craigslist doesn't have a lot to choose from

The used section guitarcenter's website. Just make sure to research the pedal you want first

you can pirate all plugins for free and just use your DAW like a pedalboard

unfortunately, you are too stupid to do this

you are also trying to play a dead genre

No, you can be lower/middle class. It's not the 80s anymore. My most expensive pedal is like
$110. I built a bunch myself ($25-50 each), won some in a giveaway, fixed a vintage CE-2 I was given for free, and scored an SPX-90 for $50. There are always ways to get the things you want.

I think shoegaze should have more of an emphasis on composition and less on just throwing every effects pedal under the sun on your album. Write good songs first, then add the crazy effects later.

just buy a big muff, they're like £50

>he doesn't use electro-harmonix or build his own

Just get a job faggot