Can someone explain this? I really don't get it

Can someone explain this? I really don't get it

Have you tried taking drugs?

it's trying to say from different perspectives all opinions are true but that is retarded because there is only one truth

Alge, bra~.

blue is true. the other one makes the wall retarded

Tell us... tell us the one truth!

But you have to rotate the truth to make it fit the orange rectangular slot...

It means you're gay. Accept it

Alge bruh

No.... look again

Here you go

The person who made this is retarded. If the item is a cylinder then the people claiming it is a square or a circle are both wrong.

*gasp*
>no-

the truth is objective and subjective
someones truth can be different from yours, you just see it differently but it doesn't make it any less true to them.

But I don't get the square... It can't fit in the square so how is it true? And this is not b8, I guess I'm legitimately a dumb ass.

a single true statement does not necessarily convey all information. If you cant understand this you are retarded.

A cylinder viewed from the side is a square.

actually its a rectangle, and the rectangle in the OP is oriented wrong

I get this but the one in the bottom right still makes the wall have gaps in it because the wall is flat and the cylinder is round on that side. This shows that while two truths may seem to be present there is only one upon closer inspection.

Truth is however you wanna spin it.

Dimensions collapse.

Truth is not subjective. Either something is true or it is false. Black and white. There is no grey area. Truth is absolute.

They probably didn't think the image through that well. Or they're pushing some secret absolutist propaganda, who knows.

i rendered your dumb ass a model
see how the left image is a rectangle

It's an extension of Plato's allegory of the cave, for two distinct illusionary observations of the reality that are in stark contrast to each other.

It's probably trying to make the point that two opposing point of views aren't necessarily contradictionary, and you should free your mind and look at the big picture instead of sticking to how things look to you.

It means that the truth can have different aspects to it and people typically focus only on a subset of those aspects.

For example, the majority of muslims are not extremists or terrorists. Nonetheless, Islam is the most problematic and violent religion in the world today. Both of these statements are true, but most people will only focus on the first or the latter.

>inb4

atomically this may be true but the human condition makes it not true because humans are imperfect beings.
Id give examples but that wouldnt change your mind because your truth is that truth is non subjective

>I get this but the one in the bottom right still makes the wall have gaps in it because the wall is flat and the cylinder is round on that side.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!?! I HAVE TO KNOW

its just bullshit. like 90% of the shit you will find on the internet. welcome to the internet.

False. There can also be two truths or no truths at all. Not everything is black or white.

>humans are imperfect beings.
This presupposes that there is such a thing as a perfect being against which we are compared. Yet, there's no support for such a being. Consequently, the remainder of your post is faggotry.

>JPEG
whoever made that image is clearly a massive retarded cunt faggot cunt

That's the whole point of the image, dumbass. The truth can be viewed and interpreted from the view you choose.

Absolutely false. Virtually nothing is black or white.

You're the retarded one here. That's a cylinder, not a sphere. Shining from that angle WOULD make a square.

>me being imperfect means me getting things wrong doesnt mean i got things wrong bc i thought i was right
how the fuck has your family tree survived long enough to create you

The silhouettes on the wall by definition provide an order of magnitude less information than the full "truth" cylinder. This could be expressed as, "To the exponentially uninformed, many truths seem to exist simultaneously."

>Too stupid to understand a lick of philosophical human nature
>resorts to ad hominem
typical

it means that there are multiple truths to things, that's it.

fucking just bust out a cad drawing to illustrate to this dumbass... I like it

Um, no. Adding another dimension provides *more* information, yes. But an "order of magnitude" means precisely *ten times more* which is not the case here.

Ben Kenobi said it best..
>Luke, you will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view..

>typical
Saying 'typical' is not an argument.

Faggot.

The size might be a bit off but the cylinder is a square from the side view, making it able to fit in.
The memes point is right but the drawing of it is slightly off scale.

You're dodging the statements and questions posed to you. Typical.

On the left you have Catholicism and on the right, Protestantism. Christ is Truth.

Explain how the definition of 'silhouette on the wall' is 'an order of magnitude'.

You also used the word 'magnitude' wrong.

Its more bullshit from the Marxists polluting colleges these days.disregard. you'll feel better if you do.

I'm not sure what reality warping super powers you have, but, for most people, our misinterpretations don't change the truth.

Can or can't. Do or don't. Does or doesn't. Is or isn't. Will or won't. Right or wrong. Truth is absolute.

If something is only partially true the it is false. White lies are still lies.

I think he means how the object has three dimensions and the silhouette is only two.

But "order of magnitude" doesn't mean "more," it means "ten times more." You don't pull a figure like "ten times" out of nowhere.

are you people retarded? each "true" statment gives x^2 information, the "truth" gives x^3

it is literally the definition of an order of magnitude more information

fuckin idiots

allah is the truth

Kys

what?

>order of magnitude means 10x

lol wow you people are fucking stupid

We may not be able to realistically imagine what perfection would be like, but we have the concept, and we do not qualify.

You should be more upset that he seems to be making a truth claim while simultaneously claiming that truth is subjective.

dude have you take any math course? pick up your textbook and read it.

have you ever put a coin in a machine thats how

but don't blow anyone else up when you do ffs.

there is only one truth but will have different perspectives from different angles.

Its all about perspective

Wrong again...there's always 3 sides to a story...yours...mine...and the truth

Basically I look at it as, yet the rectangle and circle is true, the other circle isn't.. Sounds right if you smoke a bit of weed.

did you finish that book?

YALL ARE FUCKING RETARDED
HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF GODEL'S INCOMPLETENESS THEOREMS
JESUS CHRIST TRUTH DEPENDS ON THE AXIOMS YOU CHOOSE TO CONSIDER THE SYSTEM IN HOLY SHIT YOU KIDS ARE FUCKING BRAINLETS KYS ALL OF YOU I ACTUALLY WANT TO DIE BECAUSE OF THE STUPIDITY

And still, on whatever axiom you decide, are there not truths?

I thought the three sides in this case were Top, Right, and Front

cont.
truth is a manmade concept we created in our heads in order to make sense of reality. Nothing is intrinsically true or false, with the exception of the majority of sentences in any logical language. In these languages, the axioms of these systems are arbitrarily chosen, i.e. determined by humans, making the results useful but inane in our search for "truth" with a capital T. Please respond.

ba-dum-chhhh!

livestream?

yes there are truths but the point is a true statement in one system can be false in another, so when asking if a statement is true or false, one must specify the axioms. Asking if a statement is true or false without specifying any axioms is pointless. People who say that there exists absolute truth are wrong. thats the point.

then just die already genius

The orange and blue lights shine on the object in the middle and create shadows of it. These lights represent different opinions. So the orange "opinion" sees the object as rectangular, and the blue "opinion" sees it as a circle. They are both technically right even though they are different, but both opinions fail to see the full true shape for what it is.

Basically just because someone has a different perspective from you doesn't mean they're wrong. And you have to consider many different perspectives to get a full understanding of a given issue.

possibly the most retarded post in this thread so far

>but the human condition makes it not true because humans are imperfect beings.

so humans are perfect beings then?

Turn the cylinder on it's side.

studying godel's theorem should be a prereq for lsd imo

lrn2read

the different colors are supposed to be peoples opinions

There are four lights

he says truth is not absolute because humans are imperfect beings.

what's lrn2read by the way? i'm pretty old and I don't know teenage girls' lingo

From a philosophical point of view, I think the cylinder represents a story between two people, and the cylinder is each persons version of said story. It fits a certain way depending on the view point.

Actually it's a lie. We know light does not stay confined as shown - it has diffusion even with a good throw focusing lens.
Those colors would be blended and not stay true blue or true brown.
Also, there is no brown light.

if you only see one side is true you do not see the truth. change your perspective.

It's easy... "Trap is gay" is a truth...

You're having your cake and eating it here. You're making truth claims about axioms without declaring them?

There is a point where being pedantic is more useless than not. You're crossing that threshold right now.

To the extent that a truth is necessarily true within any axiom, then there is absolute truth.

Truth is not subjective. It is absolute.
We just often cannot or will not see other angles that are also true, unless it suits us to do so.

Truth IS absolute.
you are talking about people's point of view and how they manipulate the truth.

This shit is fuckinging niggerish. The truth is that the actual item is cylindrical, which is obvious when you combine the two options, instead of opposing one in preference of the other. This is literally a perfect why of describing science

I think i understand what op is getting at here

If we imagine the shadows to be holes in the walls that the shape must fill in then the square hole would not be completely full creating an error. but the circular hole would create a flat wall making it complete, so i guess there can be two perceived truths but only one of them is the actual truth.

That really depends on your perspective, don't you think? Didn't you just recognize that truth is defined as it suits people?

No, he did not just recognize that.

"will not see [the truth]... unless it suits us..."

So the only thing that depends on your perspective is your opinion, not what the truth is.

you also lack critical thinking.
it would fit if you rotated it, shitlord.

Are you sure?

Yes. I can be sure because I I'm not a wishy-washy cuck. I believe, necessarily, that my views are founded on truth, and that they are better than yours.

Of course you douche. However, your analysis of language and the function of mind seems rather shallow, as their implications are the subject at hand basically define it.

It's a retarded shitposting NEETs pretend to understand philosophy and the universe episode!

You might be right about my analytical skills being shallow, because I don't really understand much else about what you just said.

What's the alternative to what I said? How could we determine who's correct about things if truth is a matter of perspective?

I did give you a shitlord answer, but I don't think that makes me wrong.