mlssoccer.com/
A-League NEWS
a-league.com.au/

Notable happenings:
>MLS
MLS Expansion deadline
USMNT is a meme
>A-League
Sydney FC is godlike, I think, who watches A-League again?
>perf

Other urls found in this thread:

mlssoccer.com/topic/expansion/2017/expansion-cities-bids
foxsports.com/soccer/story/haji-wright-schalke-first-team-usmnt-010617
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bradley and altidore are shit and should never start a game ever again

Will Gooch chimp out against the Galaxy?

HELLO AND WELCOME BACK TO THE MLS EXPANSION WATCH, GOOD TO HAVE YOU WITH US

WHEN WE LEFT OFF, WE HAD NINE CONFIRMED TEAMS IN THE RUNNING, BUT NASHVILLE HAS RECENTLY BEEN VARIFIED, BRINGING THE COUNT TO TEN

WITH A LITTLE UNDER SIX HOURS LEFT (SINCE MLS HEADQUARTERS ARE LOCATED IN NEW YORK CITY, UNDER EASTERN STANDARD TIME) TEAMS HAVE MAYBE ONE SPELLCHECK LEFT TO DO BEFORE SENDING, OR RISK LOSING THEIR EXPANSION CHANCES UNTIL A LATER DATE

BUT THE MAIN QUESTION ON EVERYBODY'S MIND RIGHT NOW IS "WHERE IS SACRAMENTO?"

>>soon (probably)

>sent the don a cheeky hamilton for a team on the missouri side of kc

I still dream of Kansas City Divided.

North Carolina MLS team when?

s-soon, theyre just working on some roster addition atm

That left kit is sexy. wouldwear/10

>2017
>collars and buttons on jerseys

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, SUBMIT IT ALREADY

REEEEEEEEEE

could be soon, probably

collars, when done right, can look very good
buttons should be a huge no-no

Phx's new kit is pretty nice.

Looks like a sticker for a crest so I hope they do something about that when they got the game day ones.

Not really my style, but to each their own.

>being sponsored by a shitty record label
JUST

Come on now, Sacramento
any time now, you can submit your bid

they're gonna be that one annoying group that submits their shit /secondsbeforethedeadline/, aren't they?

>"It's not a question of if Sacramento joins MLS, but when"
>doesn't submit their application on time

JUST

I hope so.

I personally don't want a team in Raleigh (they'll work better in the NASL/USL assuming they stabilize) because Charlotte has more potential fans and money behind it.

hard to dip lower than that

>tfw hyperdub sponsors da bulls

But Gooch is playing in Sunderland

Who is that guy?

U N I O N
N
I
O
N

well to be fair deplo is a co owner

ABOUT FIVE HOURS LEFT IN THE BIDDING PROCESS AND SACRAMENTO HAS YET TO BID! PEOPLE ON THE GROUND HERE ARE BEGINNING TO WONDER IF THEY WILL BID AT ALL!

THIS IS SURELY A SURPRISE, BUT I WANT TO REMIND THE READERS AT HOME THAT THERE ARE STILL FIVE HOURS LEFT BEFORE THE DEADLINE, AND WHILE THINGS MAY LOOK BAD NOW, THERE IS STILL TIME, AND POTENTIALLY MORE BIDS TO COME

While we wait for something to consider, this is a mock up design put together by a guy who says he is the Senior Designer of the Sounders.

I just realized that theres barely any notable or upcoming u20 players in mls.

Is it true that they all move to Europe? Ive been noticing this a lot more usual. Players like Palmer Brown, Haji Wright, Hyndman etc

Like the Unis, Crest looks too similar to Columbus though.

Personally, I'm not a fan of color sliding apparel, but I think I'd prefer those to this type of away kit.

They should wear Navy blue. Man City C already wears light blue

EPB is back with KC for the season. He was only on loan to Porto.

Any time now guys...

SOOOOOOOOOON
O
O
N

WE CAN NOW CONFIRM THAT NOT ONLY SACRAMENTO, BUT CHARLOTTE AS WELL, HAVE PLACED BIDS, WITH THE FORMER SUBMITTING ABOUT FOUR HOURS AGO. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY PANIC OR INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED, AND WE URGE YOU TO TAKE IT UP WITH THE MLS MARKETING DEPARTMENT AND NOT US

THIS BRINGS US TO 12 CONFIRMED CITIES TO FIGHT FOR TWO SPOTS FOR THE 2020 SEASON

Really, this is the only logical inevitable choice we have if we want to reach the world cup semifinals in 2018.

I like it

the powder blue/navy blue combo is a no brainer for a san diego team.

About damn time

ALRIGHT, PLACE YOUR BETS

I think it's going to go down like this:

Sacramento and Cincy in 2020

San Diego and St. Louis in 2022

I can wait 2 more years. I just need a team in SD.

Sacramento & Tampa/St. Pete 2020.

San Diego & STL 2022.

I expect them to go ahead & possibly announce a 5th or even 6th team as well. Nothing to lose, only monetary gain.

How long until Miami's expansion team is taken away?

>SOON.

Charlotte needs to get one soon tbqh.

Their proposal isn't as good as the others you mentioned but North/South Carolina is too good of a market to not move into.

A geriatric Dempsey will still be better than Wright in 2018

>not unleashing Lederman in 2018

Nah. Wright is going to break into the Schalke starting XI soon and hes only 18. Be on the lookout for him. Very talented youth player.

STL is in at 25/26 or not at all, bank on it

>about to break into the starting XI
He's on the youth team
He's not even a bench option for them yet

Not bad. I dont know if Lynden gooch or Haji wright are good though. I also think CV should be a CB over Cameron since Cameron has declined and CV is improving

foxsports.com/soccer/story/haji-wright-schalke-first-team-usmnt-010617

Gooch is a starter for Sunderland. Should also watch to see how Emerson Hyndman develops at Rangers over the next year

Oh, nice. Hope he can get some minutes instead of turning into Julian Green

I agree.

the southern cities have a lot of untapped potential. I imagine that MLS will eventually grow to around 34-36 teams within the next 20 years. maybe even more.

Mainly because the stadiums they want aren't fuck huge entertainment centers that cost a huge chunk of tax dollars.

I think MLS could have an advantage there, when a city loses its team due to arena bullshit, MLS can swoop in and take the market.

Gooch is a work horse and a great upcoming CAM. He's sadly been injured so he's barely coming back to the Sunderland lineup but Moyes trusts him enough to have given him a few subs - keep in mind Sunderland are in a relegation battle.

Haji Wright is also another one of the better USA prospects coming along. He's slowly breaking into the Schalke team at a young age. If he pans out like Pulisic, we will have a great strikeforce partnership between Wood and Wright

I'm at a weird place where as an SKC fan, I both want and do not want STL to get a team. Want for the rivalry and just to plain out continue my hate for that side of the state. But also don't want because I want to continue putting kids on that side in the SKC academy.

>Lederman back in La Masia

American Messi 2.0 confirmed.

Do you even have any HGPs on your first team?

collars are cool

Give Sargent back, you fuckers

More importantly, North Carolina is one of the fastest growing states (and already #9 in population) but nobody pays attention to it because it doesn't have a city like Atlanta. It's absurd. MLS would be stupid to not move to North Carolina, and the sooner the better.

You know, I know youre subtly ruse us with a europe heavy lineup but Im not even mad because after watching the Serbia the other day, I dont even want to defend the shitters like Bradley and Altidore.

>submit it in final seconds
>fax machine breaks down

EPB, Ellis, and Salloi, who counts despite being born and raised in Hungary but went to high school here because Vermes spends his family vacations to his ancestral lands watching kids play.

Kempin was but he basically amounted to jackshit. I honestly believe he got lazy, I've never seen a GK with so much promise just fall apart as much as he did. Hope he can get signed to Los Dos and turn it around. His best friend is having a hell of a lot better life right now.

>based mls wacky rules

Probably moot point anyways, probably go overseas.

Probably, but even so
SLSG is literally part and parcel of STLFC now, we want him back

I call it good karma for the Alexi Lalas bullshit 20 years ago if it works out for us. You'll get some too, don't fret.

>also want stl so we can all get hammered on the amtrak over

Amtrak station actually right by the proposed stadium site

Now that we're getting back to the season, can we start having good threads again?

NO
ONLY DISKERUD

Go perf yourself.

No way Raleigh gets one
Too small & too poor

DISKERUD
I
S
K
E
R
U
D

It's actually a very wealthy area but I agree that it's too small. Also, they'll get too much competition from UNC/NCState/Duke/Hurricanes

I meant ownership is too poor
He's the least wealthy of the owners bidding

O yeah, for sure. There's not enough interest from Raleigh anyway, I think everyone in the state can sense that.

>couldn't get to Sacramento through politics
>buys soccer team there instead

>the Sacramento bid has no mention of the Republic.

HA HA TIME FOR MORE UNITED FC TEAMS

>Brian Straus @BrianStraus 3m3 minutes ago
>'Republic' appears to have been scrubbed from MLS bid book, Nagle's twitter (@KevinNagleMLS) etc. Looks like he cld be imagining fresh start

>Brian Straus @BrianStraus 2m2 minutes ago
>Republic brand, story was a big asset. W/out it, is Sacramento 1 of the 4 most attractive bidders? Not as confident as I was before.

What happens if the Sac bid is terrible? San Diego would have to get a team in that case, right?

Why would they do that? They have a good name.

The fuck....why WOULDN'T they keep the name/branding???

Are people in California triggered by "Republic" because it's two letters away from Republican?

San Diego's stock improves immeasurably in the absence of Sacramento, but what the fuck....

Sacramento is still the most ready bid so I doubt it impacts it that much

My order of most likely
1. Sacramento
2. San Diego
3. St. Louis
T4. Tampa
T4. Cincinnati
T6. Charlotte
T6. Detroit
T6. Nashville
T9. Indianapolis
T9. Phoenix
T9. San Antonio
12. Raleigh

Maybe the plan is to set up a new team, with Sac Republic as their USL affiliate?

>>affiliates in town
A) WHY
B) There's probably so many fans that would be pissed off by that, they'd stay with the Republic and tell the parent club to fuck off

>california sports team
>pissing off fans
Are we really surprised at this point?

If anything "republic" is at an all time high with muh calexit buzzing around.

$20 this guy in control of the Sac bid wants to market to the Euroboos and hipsters, rather than focus on the market Sacramento already has.

West coast hipsters are probably already thoroughly attached to Portland or Seattle, good fucking luck with that

lol what a shit show

You still around somewhere, Sacramento-bro?
Pls don't sudoku ;_;

I really hope they pick already established teams to move up to MLS, instead of just making a dew one and leaving the other to die. So I hope Sacramento doesn't get picked and they learn their lesson for next time.

My new hope is FC Cincinnati and San Diego's team or Saint Louis FC (plus Tampa Bay Rowdies if Beckham's team gets cancelled)

Was the Republic brand the major force behind them?

>Was the Republic brand the major force behind them?
It was until about 5 minutes ago

Yes, the Republic brand is huge, they are one of the top teams in the USL in terms of attendance.

this seems like a glaring fuck up.

I agree with you, if the Sac bid won't stick with the established team, the expansion slots should go to teams like the Rowdies, or Cincy, or even Indy 11.

San Diego seems like a no brainer now, as well.

And Charlotte's USL team is abysmal why should they get a chance when they can't get 10 people to go their games?

Who is there current market?

Charlotte Independence ownership has made a real mess of the whole thing
Three different stadiums in their first year, and apparently at least two this year, all while touting themselves as "MLS ready" or some shit

Oh, I forgot about Indy as well, and knowing that Indy joining the MLS would kill the NASL brings a tear to my eye. Was Indianapolis not listed in Garber's list because of them being in NASL?