Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jboLC3jylyU
youtube.com/watch?v=O9WI5hoE430
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

berserk

One Piece

code geass

OP here just saw someone talk about full metal alcomist in another thread is that binge worthy or notguys

Most people start with SAO, which is good to get you into it, SAO is actually terrible though, I'd start with Death Note or something else with good ratings then maybe Bleach, Naruto, One piece, Fairtail (One of the big animes to see if they are your thing) People say stay away from mainstream but theres a lot of good anime there. Gotta find the genre you like though, its really like asking what movies to watch.

Boku no piko

SAO?

why does some weeb always post this in every thread? It's almost at rickroll levels it's so obvious.
It's a gay hentai OP

Jojos bizarre adventure (like u having seen that)
And Hunter x Hunter

i second these

except watch the golden age arc berserk the old one is too dated for n00bies. honestly read the manga if you're interested in more after you watch it, I did. Only manga i've ever read and it was awesome.

Yes FMA is great.

Just watch Cowboy Bebop or Black Lagoon

FMA is pretty good, especially FMA Brotherhood, but idk if it's a good start. I mean, you might as well watch a few episodes and see if you like it or not.

Typical recommendations are Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. These two don't really have any weird anime stuff that might turn you off if you're not used to it. Another relatively light show is K-on, but it might be a bit boring if slice of life isn't your thing. Aside from that, depends on what genres you prefer really. If you're going for typical Dragon Ball style fighting series, I'd recommend Hunter x Hunter (it's actually pretty long, but honestly it's totally worth it). For comedy I'd probably go with Gintama.

So I just started getting into anime too. One big thing you need to understand is saying you want to get into anime and ask for a recommendation is like saying you're just trying to get into tv, what's a good classic show. You need to narrow it down to a more specific genre.

As for my personal recommendations:
Assassination Classroom - a "gag" anime. One that's comedy based and not taken too seriously
FLCL - most of the jokes are references to other animes, the other jokes are only funny if you speak Japanese. It's still a good watch though.
Lupin the Third. It's an older style that is a big series, but worth it to watch some of.
Attack on Titan - one of the best goddamned shows out right now
Cowboy Bebop - classic best of anime

Start some, watch an episode or two and see if it catches you. If it doesn't, move on.

i liked black lagoon. I know this is basically heresy but i tried to watch cowboy bebop like 4 times and i just found it boring. guess i have no taste. anyways black lagoon is fun, especially season 2

Trigun
Cowboy bebop
Samurai champloo
Mushi shi
Outlaw star

Sword art online, Most people start there tbh

Neon Genesis Evangelion

TFW when I havnt watched them yet

91 Days is also a killer show

Please do not watch Sword Art Online.

I have found Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan is a good starting point.

shit taste user

watch higurashi no naku koro ni and Elfen Lied

these are the animes that made me start watching anime

they are godtier

here is the first episode of elfen lied: youtube.com/watch?v=jboLC3jylyU

mods - idk if this is legal but i just googled it don't hate me if it's copyright or w/e

agreed SAO is a good starting anime if you want to hate all other anime

mirai nikkei
elfenlied
tokyo ghoul
psycho pass
claymore
hellsing

My Hero Academia! It's fucking awesome.

to be fair, the only times i've tried to watch it i was baked out of my mind so i might have just not been paying enough attention. I should try to watch it again sober.

One Punch Man

where the hell did you get that picture from?

I swear this is the face of a guy in our niché Mount and Blade clan

yes

Ignore this fucking fool, the CGI in the golden age arc is trash and the original anime is a fucking masterpiece

Dragon Ball. Not DBZ

Very bingeable and has plenty of episodes.

Fist of the North Star is a good watch

crest/banner of the stars

So true I like that there is more berserk but holy shit the CGI is ass

These

And then the new seasons "better make the CGI PS2 cinematic quality"

you're just a fanboy. the original is just pictures zoomed in on and slowly panned through while dialogue is spouted at you. it's terrible. it's the best they could do with the time and money the had but it's garbage by modern standards and if you really love the series you should just read the manga, the anime is basically just a stripped down version of the manga with panning shots of pictures and much less dialogue

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit

I swear they forget to animate some of the scenes

But...I have read the manga and the anime is superior to that CGI abomination in every fucking way.

also fuck off, the cgi is fine. wake up grandpa the future is now

this is pretty good

that and the autistic camera usage god damned zoom pan pan pan zoom pan

Yea its decent as CGI goes but its complete shit compared to the original anime.

Bleach

>the anime is basically just a stripped down version of the manga

Name me one anime this isnt true for

dragon half

>the original is just pictures zoomed in on and slowly panned through while dialogue is spouted at you.
This is how they made anime from 60s-90s. 2000s they started using cgi and multimedia to draw the images, but they still use the same image and facial repetition often. They do this so they can make a full season in a year's time.

if you want a good laugh Space Dandy is a good call

Code Geass all the way
Death note
Higurashi
Attack on titan
Blue submarine no.6

go back to failbook cancerous cumdumpster or show your mammaries

alright fine w/e i'm sure you're not just blinded by your rose tinted nostalgia goggles.

anyways for someone NEW TO ANIME the NEWER anime is probably more appealing and might get them to read the manga which is fucking amazing so I'm going to stick to my recommendation of the golden age arc. Don't let that stop anyone from trying the original anime out I'm just saying most "normies" will find it boring by modern standards

fuck these nigger suggestions, you want to watch steins gate, darker than black, eden of the east, and i GUESS one piece is good, i personally don't like it.
this guy's suggestions are good, tbh i thought AOT was a shit idea, then i watched the anime and it's not bad, not god tier like any of my suggestions though.

samurai champloo

i started with deathnote then went straight into dxd

The thing is I didnt even watch Berserk until like 3 months ago (I'm pretty new to anime myself)...and then after watching the anime realized I NEEDED to read the manga and fucking cringed my way through all that CGI awfulness.

Yea normies will like it but they also like the newest installments of COD.

Currently watching Steins gate, can confirm for greatness.

that is true of most text-to-video entertainment but the context of my remarks are the more important part of the point i was trying to make.

also i'm reasonably sure i sound like a blithering idiot and i think now would be a good time to admit that i'm piss drunk.

Shoulda just stuck to your guns
>I am also piss drunk

Cancer

The first season of death note only, after that its not even worth it.

I understand what you are getting at but I just personally enjoy the hand drawn style so much more than the CGI (particularly in the new seasons)

I honestly don't understand the hate for CGI. I understand that the traditional creation of anime required a fuckload of manpower and artistic talent and that it's really fucking cool when it all comes together and it looks better than the CGI but the CGI is fine. At the end of the day it's a cartoon, you're already suspending disbelief. It doesn't look bad, it's just obviously CGI and not hand drawn. So what? It didn't bother me in the least. That's just my take on it but I feel like most casual viewers of anime won't care that much either.

hey man, i can be whatever i wanna do

fuck you marla, you big tourist...i need this now get out!

There's only 1 season. What you mean after 25it goes to shit when 2 more detectives are introduced and I agree.

Akira. Not a series, but a classic.

how is no one had said EVAGELION

Hey user, if you're looking for sexual comedy I really liked a show called pantie and stockings

here is a really shitty youtube video that will probably be pulled in about a day of the first episode in a windowed box in the lower right-hand corner of the screne

youtube.com/watch?v=O9WI5hoE430

you're welcome

Because Shinji. And how many times did they have to retry before it made any fucking sense?

Fair enough user. OP just seems to be selling himself as a neophyte so I figured he hasn't developed opinions like that

Sup Forums is random. you can post pictures of girls getting fucked by dogs, dogs getting fucked by men, and dogs fucking dogs. also anime bullshit. fuck off

Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend

>Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

La Blue Girl. It's this progressive story about a ninja fighting the Patriarchy.

i am jack's inflamed sense of rejection.
i am jack's wasted life
i am jack's broken heart

Brotherhood shits on the story the OG FMA tries to tell.

Hoenhimes character gets fucked over, and it becomes a story about EVERYONE and not ed and al like it should be.

Isn't the og fma all non canon though? Yeah it starts off the same as the manga but then diverts and becomes fan fiction compared to the mangas original plot for some reason.

Brotherhood = the manga animated with better budget and better pacing. It's like dbz kai, no filler better budget, better audio etc.

Ghost in the shell 1 & 2
And
GitS stand alone complex and the latest series

I would also recommend Hellsing too. Awesome vampire shit. Police girl is my waifu.