Nicolas Cage says he turned down playing Aragorn in Lord Of The Rings

avclub.com/article/nicholas-cage-says-he-turned-down-playing-aragorn--226192

Would it have been Kino?

Nicolas Cage is the most reddit meme actor of all time

no, he would have had an awful accent and turned the whole thing into an unintentional comedy.

watch "Season of the Witch" as proof.

What happened to his career? He used to be a very serious actor

>watch 8mm
That's God tier acting right there

NOT THE CREBAIN FROM DUNLAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

>American accents in fantasy film

immersion ruined.

Why doesn't he star in more movies? He's one of the best actors

I disagree, he's merely an interesting phenomenon in that he's a good actor shadowed by his enormous listing of bad movies.

What the fuck goes through his head? Turns down fucking Lord of the Rings, and chooses to star in absolute crap.

He's been in plenty of films, just no one care because they aren't caepshit or sequels.

What? Reddit love to meme him but they think he's a talentless hack because they've only seen The Wicker Man.

Because he made enough money from LotR that he only shows up in movies he wants to be in. He could retire today if he wanted to.

Cage is unintentionally hilarious when he works with a shit director but he's great when he works with a good director. I'm sure he would've done a fine job in LOTR.

His accountant robbed him and left him pretty much without any money whatsover on his bank accounts.

He had breakdown after that whoch changed him.

>Lord of the Rings with Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage

hmm

Would have been interesting to watch

He answered that in the interview. At the time he couldn't be away from home because of his family. Viggo was on set for 18 months of filming.

The Rock 2: The fellowship of the ring.

> yfw Sean Connery was originally chosen to play Hannibal Lecter

DDL would have been a GOAT closer to the book Aragorn

>"I yushed to be a psychiatrist you know"

I don't fucking get it why Nicolas Cage is being offered roles for anything. Fucking Superman and Aragorn? It's like I'm living in a totally different universe than those assholes in Hollywood.

Diamonds are forever 2: The Rock

He's picky with roles and avoids capeshit that everyone here only watches.

He's a good actor, user. He's just JUSTed and need money and also he's trying to experiment and try shit out.

These guys know waht's up. Plebs don't know how great Cage can be.