What is WRONG with these people

what is WRONG with these people

>music criticism
>in 2017, in an age in which you can listen to the entire history of music for free

Based allmusic

White guilt is spreading like wildfire

YAAAAAAAASSSSS QUEEN #SLAY

Poptimism is killing music journalism,

She's a strong independent black woman fighting the evil racist sexist nazi Drumpf

this album is genuinely great
it's funny how Sup Forums makes fun of reddit's reaction on Kanye yet reacts the same way on Beyonce
the reasons she's hated on this music board are not about music

it's trash top 40 garbage for soccer moms and teenage girls fuck off this board philistine. have you ever played in a symphony faggot?

/thread

For a better "black indipendent" artist listen to Janelle MonĂ¡e.

>the reasons she's hated on this music board are not about music
this board is falling apart

allmusic's generally pretty right-on it seems, their 5*'s are legitimately essentials most of the time

>fuck off this board
>have you ever played in a symphony faggot?
this post makes no sense, but I guess it's just a shitpost
exactly

I listened to Lemonade and it is not an exceptional album. It doesn't do anything new.

i played violin since I was 5 years old and have won awards for my playing with my orchestra. i have an extensive knowledge of music. you are some hypebeast normalfag who discovered Sup Forums after hearing about the epic memes and now you're trying to defend your mor industry plant radio pop pap smear on a board for serious music enthusiats. lol. you have no case fgt.

it's not good music, and don't even pretend it's subjective. anything is better than some bland ass 2017 pop album. i'm sure if you check the wiki page it's not even her writing any of the music

The genre-hopping Lemonade (Parkwood Entertainment, 2016) was another attempt to promote her to auteur. An industry artifact with no personality, Beyonce swings between the playful reggae of Hold Up and the gospel hymn Freedom via the piano elegy Sandcastles. Best is probably Don't Hurt Yourself, which is quintessential Aretha Franklin. The collaboration with James Blake yields two of the most boring ballads of his career. All the media hype does little to make this album more than a marketing project. In fact, it's even less musical than Beyonce. She's a mediocre singer and an awful songwriter, and no amount of production work can fully hide that.

name another album that has 2 versions one of which is the whole hollywood musical

This. The songs were all written by teams of people hired by the record label to craft the most radio friendly song that hits all the "Right" hot button topics lyrically so it can be the "bonafide pop classic of our decade". The labels want to force Beyonce as an iconic pop star because she helps spread a liberal political message and is an effective marketing tool. Corporate owned music review sites like Pitchfork give it huge bonus points due to politics when normally based on musical content they'd give an album like this a 5-6 at best.

>it's not good
how so?
>i'm sure if you check the wiki page it's not even her writing any of the music
she's credited on every song
also it's weird that I've never seen people complaining about this shit in the Kendrick's threads
are you retards actually that hypocritical or just retards?

credited with 20 other people
mike love was credited as a songwriter on good vibrations for 3 lines

and people do say the same thing in kendrick and kanye (not as much because his lyrics aren't political black power obama shit) threads

tbf all hip hop albums and american albums in general have a ton of credits
beyonce is a pop singer so why is any of this surprising
did people give aretha franklin shit for singing burt bacharach songs?

because people praise beyonce for being some independent powerful feminist artist who his a bold innovator or whatever doing everything on her own when it's all manufactured and she's no different from some jennifer lopez but with trendy political message attached to it

don't worry i hate kendrick too.
>how so?
nigga listen to it. it's not that fucking hard to understand how cold and sad this mediocre trash is. you could run it through a shit amp and mess with the knobs and foot pedals and call it an industrial album.

>inb4 not an argument
IM NOT WASTING ANY MORE OF MY TIME ON THIS BECAUSE THIS IS PROBABLY BAIT AND EVEN IF IT'S NOT YOU FAGGOTS WONT CHANGE YOUR MIND OR EVEN BEGIN TO LOOK AT THINGS IN A DIFFERENT WAY BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO PREFER THIS CALCULATED MESS OVER ACTUAL CREATIVE MUSIC

>people do say the same thing in kendrick and kanye
obviously not as much as in beyonce threads, they complain about her working with other people in literally every thread related to her
>his lyrics aren't political black power obama shit
nether beyonce's lyrics are
>saying he's doesnt want to waste his time to write an argument
>wasting his time on shitposts instead

it's overrated but it's really not bad. Have you ever listened to a top 40 singer's full album? They're fucking trash because they have 2 catchy singles and 10 fillers. Lemonade is one of the rare that isn't trash so it gets praised to heavens, even though it's quite average

Well not a grimefag, but then you have artists like Joanna Newsom or Grimes apthat are the sole creditor of the majority of their tracks.

>have you ever played in a symphony faggot?

Kill yourself you insecure faggot

They're trying to get money by pandering to teenage girls. It's not a new or strange concept.

This. Only they also had to invent an ideology so they could convince readers (and themselves) that this music is "so important." 10 years ago your average p4kdrone would have laughed if you told them Beyonce made AOTY over AnCo and other usual favorites. Today the same person would block you on social media for suggesting anything otherwise.

>also it's weird that I've never seen people complaining about this shit in the Kendrick's threads
>are you retards actually that hypocritical or just retards?
Hey, buddy, Sup Forums isn't one person. I can only hope that there aren't many people listening to classical music and Kendrick Lamar of all people.

If only people on this board knew a thing about or two about Aretha Franklin, we wouldn't have people like the one everyone's arguing with. She gave birth to a now ubiquitous pseudo black soul diva style of singing. Sadly, that's what even most "underground" female singers aspire to sound like.

"""Marxist Critical Theory""" was co-opted by poptimists

Exactly.
People who exclusively listen to top 40 know, on at least a subconscious level, that listening to contrived music engineered for mass appeal isn't interesting, alternative, or edgy, so to compensate they start appending political statements to bland, mass-market music which allows them to feel edgy while calling anyone who doesn't like it -phobic/-ist/bigoted, etc.

it's like liberals going berserk with Harry Potter metaphors

According to their FAQ, allmusic's ratings are all relative to the artist, which is a good way of rating things imo. The 5 stars are supposed to be essentials of the genre.

Is music """""journalism""""" just a competition to see who can use the biggest words?

Here's what I'll tell you, OP.

I don't have any Beyonce music. I've never downloaded any Beyonce music even though it's free. Because I've never heard a Beyonce song that made me want to hear another Beyonce song.

It's called a shit filter and mine's tuned up like grand piano.

Cry hard dilettantes, lmao.

A classical Marxist would deride this corporate music as a noxious opiate to keep the underclass docile

The woke Marxist critic will say how it empowers the black Twitter community and their allies with its uncompromising brashness and positive role model of a modern successful black capitalist family

pretty sure the whole world is aware of how influential she was, user

That's not the problem, this is:
>She gave birth to a now ubiquitous pseudo black soul diva style of singing. Sadly, that's what even most "underground" female singers aspire to sound like.