Is there a legit reason to hate this besides not liking Roger Waters?

Is there a legit reason to hate this besides not liking Roger Waters?

hmm gee i don't know maybe that it's shit?

Who started the habit of saying "it's shit!"? It seems like a distinctly Internet way of talking.

I think the fact that I don't like it is a legit reason

>too long
>whiny
>lack the semi interesting computational elements of their earlier work
>quiet..... LOUD!!! (repeat for 90 mins)

>go to Waters concert
>literally has the pigs covered in Trump's face
>literally projects "FUCK TRUMP" onto the stage
>literally says "FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK FASCISM!" during his set

I guess nobody told this man "show, don't tell" was the most effective way to convey an idea or opinion.

>too long
Pink Floyd has done albums near this length before the wall
>>whiny
Yeah thats the point.
>lack the semi interesting computational elements of their earlier work
Literally combined their prog and dadrock sensibilities with new elaborations on waltz and symphonic arrangements. David Gilmour even without much creative control fucking owns his parts of the album

>quiet..... LOUD!!! (repeat for 90 mins)
Yeah man FUCK dynamics in a concept album with the themes of world war II, being beaten by your mother, and basically becoming a fucking shut in that hates all forms of life.

If youve listened to any "prog" band or artist subtlety is not their forte

Rush can frame ideologies and concepts in science-fiction settings that need to be examined line by line to understand.

Waters' songs about fascism always directly involve a fascist dictator or directly reference fascist regimes in history.

I always thought it was a pretty good album, but lately I've revisited Pink Floyd's discography and found The Wall incredibly lacking in comparison to their earlier stuff.

The songs about mental illness and depression are the only good songs. The political ones are shit.

This.

Was there ever a chance for Syd? ;_;

too many shit songs on it

I really, really like this picture. Can I have it?

These people have a point. The album is undeniably pretentious in its political ideas and comes off as pandering because of it. This isn't helped by it being so theatric which has either helped (Dark Side of the Moon) or severely hindered (this album) Pink Floyd's larger discography.

Also, this man has a point. If you like it, then just listen to it and enjoy it. The rest of us will go listen to other things.

Not unless Pink Floyd remained an underground band not signed to any recording contract. He didn't "lose his mind" like Waters claims, he just hated getting more popular than he was comfortable with while at the same time constantly being jealous of how big Floyd got without him. Pretty much a paradox.

He would actually stalk Pink Floyd from gig to gig and sit in the crowd glaring at them all. He'd even stalk their recording sessions. Then he shaved his head and eyebrows and showed up IN the studio one day, and they basically just ignored him until he left. That was when he finally gave up on rejoining them and lived a comfy life on royalty checks totalling in the millions for the rest of his life.

it's all yours

Pink Floyd went from one of the mos cutting edge, exciting bands of psych rock to the most lethargic, pretentious dadrock of all-time so fast. The Wall is the pinnacle of everything the band used to not be

it's a mess of an album with long drawn out songs that aren't worth the length. nobody would care if this wasn't pink floyd

piper > wall

>piper > wall

sauce on the stalking? i like to read on syd and it's hard to find actual reliable sources

Roger Waters is an Anti-Semite

Good for him.

Semites are babies

they're all milquetoast liberals, doesn't mean i don't enjoy the music

frig off

i mean he probably is, like eno he seems to spend a lot of time on israel despite the usa and uk behaving worse than them overall
virtue signalling is easy when you cherrypick

I kinda like The Wall actually

It's another unverifiable story from people who aren't Syd or the other Pink Floyd members, like most Syd stories. He never really gave in-depth interviews so most of what we know about Syd, outside of what his bandmates/producers/sister says, is anecdotal stories from fans.

Multiple stories involving his LSD use are proven false, yet they are considered "fact." You literally can't trip on LSD every single day because your body/brain cannot produce anymore of what the drug forces you to produce. If his roommates fed him LSD every day without his knowledge, like it is reported as fact, he wouldn't even feel anything after the first time.

>You literally can't trip on LSD every single day
That's wrong. You just have to ingest much more of this stuff.

t: tripped 4 times in a row. I've also did a thumbprint but it's a different story.

I don't feel like there was a great band effort overall. I liked musical ideas on previous albums better. This album has some good ideas lyrically, but the music doesn't hold up the lyrics and album well enough for me. Great songwriting replaced with theatricality. It would be alright if it was shortened down to just the best tracks, but the album's long. Rarely gets any plays from me for this reason.

the final cut is better tbqh senpai

This is one of the only albums I have actually fallen asleep while listening to it for the first time.

DUDE DRUGS

bump

It's repetitive and there's too much filler. By the time I get to "Where muh daddy, Pt. 8" I'm just done.

It is very much a polarizing album because of a lot of the filler-y tracks. You either sit down and listen to the whole thing in one go or sit out because the best standalone songs don't quite stack up against Pink Floyd's earlier work.

It is a very theatrical album, basically. You either really gel with the story being told or you get bored and tune out halfway through when the album starts to really retread its steps (somewhere around Vera, though I personally love Bring the Boys Back Home).

I suspect that if you like The Wall a lot you probably also like musicals and have a soft spot for concept albums in general.