How does Sup Forums feel about country music? I love it

How does Sup Forums feel about country music? I love it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wrBrvpAXaWI
youtu.be/eUkSTnUK_T0
youtu.be/B9FzVhw8_bY
youtu.be/Dd-u5smguYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's life. Especially semi new stuff like Scott H. Biram or Daniel Norgren

I'll have to check them out. Im more into older stuff

Bump

youtu.be/wrBrvpAXaWI

Right, what kind or which artists do you prefer? When it comes to older stuff I have a hard time knowing where to start.. Pretty much only listen to Hank.

Fuck, Chills

Merle, Willie, Waylon, I like Hank too

I love it along with blues and jazz. Unironically, Cowboy Bebop really did changed my pov in music.

I really like more 90's artists too

I think it fits well w blues and jazz because country can be so emotional and deep and a lot of ppl don't realize that

Bump dammit

Country music is shit...gopher holes and puppy shit. Fuck country

It's very bad, kemosabe

youtu.be/eUkSTnUK_T0

To quote another user: country is life.

youtu.be/B9FzVhw8_bY

Suck a wet fart out of my ass, famalam.

youtu.be/Dd-u5smguYs

Thanks, Sup Forumsro, I know the names, but will need to get to listening. Appreciate the tip

Classic country is old tyme comfy, and the songs recorded in the 70's 80's and 90's is probably some of the best story telling ever. 2000 era country is fucking garbage

A lot of people think older country is great and the new stuff is ruining it, but I feel the opposite. I love Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, Dierks Bentley, Jake Owen, all of them. People just like to shit on them because the lyrics don't "mean" much, but who gives a shit? I listen to music that is pleasant to listen to, not to analyze lyrics.

there's a difference between country and country pop imo. miss me with that blake shelton nonsense

I'm the Biram-user from earlier, never even heard of any of those you mentioned: happy to come across some new names to check out,!

I think there's old as well as new good or shitty music, some old that were changing the music and new artists that stick to the roots and try to keep it traditional.

Are you andy sixx? No your not now fuck off with your shit tier music

Only if its good. I really love the old school stuff tho. Never could name it since my dad plays it on the record player most of the time.

New country is absolute fucking garbage. Real country is redneck noise than can be tolerated.

Sorry you fell for the Jewish tricks, newfag.

it's fucking shit. especially all the new stuff. All the lyrics are about dirt roads and pickup trucks

it's the white trash equivalent of gangster rap

Seconded

>never listened to country

New stuff is nice too (pic related)

The words sucks but the instruments are gut

Here's a list of seminal country music, minus Hank Williams:
>Jimmie Rodgers
>the Carter Family
>Gene Autry
>Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys
>George Jones
>Patsy Cline
>Loretta Lynn
>Buck Owens
>Marty Robbins
>Willie Nelson
>Dolly Parton
>Waylon Jennings
>Johnny Cash
>Merle Haggard
>Hank Jr
>the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
>George Strait
>Conway twitty
>Randy Travis
>Keith Whitley
>early Steve Earle

There's lots of other stuff out there too, obviously, and I didn't even touch on Bluegrass, which is like the metal of country music.
But that will get you a good start at least.

What's really interesting is that if you go back to 1920s (aka the beginning of pop music), blues and country were basically the same thing.
All the artists played-and could play-each other's songs. The only reason they were divided into blues and country was their race-the white ones were labeled "country" and marketed to white people while the black ones were labeled "blues" and marketed to blacks. But it's really all the same thing. Go play Jimmie Rodgers back to back with Robert Johnson and the songs are very nearly identical.

It's auto tuned shit.

No, that's bluegrass, with their murdering ballads, songs about moonshining and hot picking.

Country is a bit more sanitized than that. It's more like pop for white people, and since rock has basically been killed off, it's absorbed A LOT of rock & roll as well. You only need to see Garth Brooks to know that-his stage show is basically Kiss in a cowboy hat.

Sweet - Much appreciated, man!