Report: Browns have real interest in Patriots’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo

Press F to pay your respects to the future Starting QB of your Cleveland Browns.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's been confirmed there trading number 1 overall for months now.

One on OP keep up

there is no fucking way they are giving a 1st for Garrop.
>lol but browns

no. never again. no one is falling for it after cassel. not even the browns. like hue would trade a first instead of getting watson.

never gonna happen.

>last offseason a team traded a first round pick for sam bradford
>he thinks a shittier run team won't trade a first round pick for garoppalo

I swear to god if this is some tripfag from /nfl/ posting user

yeah but at least we got rid of bridgewater. glad that faggot was related to mr glass. please gib chad kelly. whatever spielman needs to go. that jew has such a terrible record on offense and it's been a decade.

Why don't he just go to Chicago??

They're probably packaging the 12-13th overall from the Eagles.

RIP Browns.

F

rip dreamboat's career

user, it's Cleveland.

this wont happen. cleveland would rather go with watson or kizer or anybody else really since hue thinks he's actually this really gifted QB developer. which he isn't.

jimmy the wop hasnt had enough tape. hasnt had enough play time. maybe somebody gives a 3rd or 4th. but there is no way cleveland makes this move without immediately putting pressure on the FO and HC.

>forget about it user, it's clevelandtown

OFFICIAL CLEVELAND BROWNS QB THEME
youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

The Wop has NFL tape, though, which Watson, Kizer, and Mitch don't. You can start him and win at an NFL level.

The drawback is that he's only got a year left at rookie levels before you need to pay him mega-millions.

I don't see the Patriots trading him for less than a first. They get a 3rd if he leaves in free agency, and Brady is one injury away from being out of this league.

im sure they do

but why would the pats trade him?

hes better than any QB the Browns can draft this year

So who would the Pats take with that 12th pick?

They'd have their choice of corners & pass rushers. Or heaven forbid.. Leonard Fournette?

you're asking why the pats would trade someone for draft picks? do you even belichick bro?

> future Starting QB of your Cleveland Browns

The Browns are stupid enough to trade a first. They aren't the Browns for nothing.

It would be the end of Garrop's career though.

The Browns are not trading a first for Jimmy Garappolo. That's just the Patriots leaking the story to try to put pressure on them to make the deal.

Don't believe the Patroit Alternate Facts.

He's not worth a 1st round pick, let alone the 1st overall. Not even the Browns would be stupid enough to trade the #1 pick for him.

>no one is falling for it after cassel. not even the browns. like hue would trade a first instead of getting watson.

Remember that time Hue traded two first round picks for Carson Palmer...

WELCOME TO THE FACTORY OF SADNESS: NO OVERTIME PAY AND NO BENEFITS

DAYS SINCE LAST CHAMPIONSHIP: 19,292

>trading away Brady's successor
The third-string nigger isn't good enough, Bill is keeping Jimmy for a year or two down the line.

Sam Bradford was a genuine improvement from their last qb though

>mfw he trades Brady to the Browns for two first round picks and more

>Pay him megamillions

For what? Because he won two games? He doesn't have a proven track record to justify a large contract

>Matt Flynn
>Brock Osweiler
>etc etc

Could you imagine if the browns got cucked by New England twice in basically the same season

Brock got a meme contract because he managed to beat the Patriots in a must win game in OT

Chris Harper did more for the Broncos.

Shitty teams love backups from great teams. They never learn.

No, it's just Mary Kay being Mary Kay and the Plain Dealer being retarded. She's done this with Mettenberger, Cousins, Bradford, etc. for years now.

>shitty teams love backups from great teams

Yes, sadly, you're right. They see a spark and immediately think they'll catch lightning in a bottle. It's still that old adage that "success breeds success". You'd think that thought process would die, but it never does. Look at Cassel and Osweiler. Flynn. The list goes on and on with QBs considered to be game changers because they came from a great team or sat behind a great QB for a couple years "learning". If anything is true, its that you can only learn so much sitting on your ass holding a clipboard. The real way is to get the guy to learn the basics of the system and then go out and cut their teeth and gain experience to play at that level and make the proper adjustments.

do football contracts have no-trade clauses? Or, knowing Bill is all business, instead of getting dealt for some late-rounders, could Jimmy agree to take less on his first non-rookie contract in exchange for staying in NE?

No, that's just baseball (and maybe basketball). Baseball also has guaranteed contracts, player or club options, salary arbitration, qualifying offers with draft pick compensation (something similar to a franchise tag except the value is set at a flat rate for everyone, I.e. a pitcher is offered $17.2 MM, so will the position player and so on and so forth).

I think the reason for not having guaranteed contracts in the NFL all boils down to the career of the average NFL player (3 years). Why burn a $120MM/6 year contract on a guy and guarantee 70% of it when he might get a career ending injury after year two? Then you still have to pay him the agreed percentage over time. In MLB this has caused a lot of "dead money". There are players who have since retired years ago that still receive payment due to guaranteed contracts.

>There are players who have since retired years ago that still receive payment due to guaranteed contracts.
ah yes. I still remember reading about the Bobby Bonilla contract with the Mets... absolute insanity.

If not the Browns, who does Bill deal Jimmy to in exchange for draft picks?

No on taking less. The NFLPA wouldn't stand for it. The last thing a players union will do is let that one contract drive down the market for other young QBs who may be hitting the market. One low-ball contract just to stay with a team can hurt future FA value.

hivemind. my B, thanks for answering my question, Cap'n

Probably no one would be my guess. I have a feeling he will stay in NE and pick up where Brady left off. I highly doubt Jacoby Brissett is as good as JG going forward.

Taking a smaller contract to stay on the team would be his best option desu. He'll get chewed up and spit out almost any other team in a year or two after being the fall guy for a poorly run organization. Worst case scenario if he stays with Pats is he makes money as a backup and gets to take over for the GOAT with no expectations and a good team. It's environment and working conditions vs. bottom line.

STOP HELPING THE FUCKING PATRIOTS HOLY SHIT

yeah, because Bill frequents /4nfl/ and looks to us for advice on being GM.

Except Tom Brady has been doing it for years. Get a clue tripmark.

Like I said before, he won't do it because of personal backlash from the union. This is a sport to us (the fans). We believe it's all done for the love of the city and the game, the truth is that for these players, its a job, a career. Like any other group, they want more compensation for their services. The NFLPA helps by consistently driving up salaries (FAs asking for more money, final year contract negotiations) for the betterment of the group (all the players in the NFL). If he takes less, he hurts the FA market and upsets the NFLPA. He will stay in NE and take a bigger contract. Such is the way of the world.

Watt is getting older and it looks like Houston can perform well without him. How about watt for jimmy straight up?

Restructuring is different than resigning.

We already have young studs in Alan Branch and Trey Flowers, not to mention the renaissance of Jabaal Sheard. No need for DE help.

Watt will convert into a DT for Houston if it means Clowney and Mercilus can get 1v1s

>implying he's not the one starting all the Brady shitposting threads to rile people up so they watch the games which increases tv revenue and a better contract for the Pats to be on tv.

Branch plays inside. Long is a FA. What if I threw in a draft pick?

Really? I thought watt was more of a pass rusher than an inside defensive lineman.

I don't think we're getting a strong enough pass rush, even still. Branch and Brown are good for jamming the line of scrimmage which is why we're so good against the run, but we need a sackmaster for passing plays too.

I think it would make perfect sense. The pats have the cap(I can only assume). The Texans would get a cheap QB while freeing up Watts salary. It would let the Texans get a year off oswieler's contract so maybe he could be moved the following offseason a little more easily. Can we leak this to the press or something?

you kidding me dude, they'll probably give a 1st and 3rd

>Pats get #1 pick
>draft Myles Garrett

This will be the fleecing of the century

they'd keep trading down and end up getting 60 3rd round picks

>overpay for someone else's backup

BECAUSE THIS WORKED SO WELL FOR THE TEXANS

>a quarter of those 3rd rounders become better than garret

fucking belichick

The Browns are like 3 for 20 on first round picks since 1999 so they'd draft a bust anyways

this qb class is shit and grop was a second rounder when drafted anyways, i dont see why this is so crazy

Someone needs to shoot up the Browns front office

>Another
>Fucking
>QB

FUCKING HELL, YOU FAGGOTS SERIOUSLY DONT GET IT DO YOU

NO QB WILL NOT SAVE YOUR SHIT TEAM

AAAAAAAAAAA

IM NOT EVEN A BROWNS FAN AND THIS IS FRUSTRATING

FUCK THE BROWNS FUCK THEM

But the browns aren't retarded that's the problem the eagles bears and niners are all retards

Remember the last time the browns got an ex patriot QB
He led them to a 7-4 start before petine was a retard
Thank god jackson isn't

>a QB won't save this team
Dude you have to get a QB to build around

>But the browns aren't retarded

Do you realize how many QBs they had? They don't know how to develop players at all.

He'll be bald by the end of next season, RIP Pretty Boy Jimmy.

Sort of worked in Green Bay.

Though Favre hated Rodgers and taught him nothing.

Maybe the vet needs to hate his backup with a passion?

Rodgers has never been a fan of father figures.

Why do you faggots and Americans in general obsess over a 1st round pick when there have been so many fucking 1st flops. It's a lot less risky taking Garropolo over the literal shit QB options this draft.

ALSO Watson will only be good if he goes to a team like the Cards or Chiefs where they will develop him with either a few years behind a decent quarterback at the Chiefs or put him in with the best Quarterback coach ever, Big Brucey.

Do you work in the Browns front office yes or no?

cleveland confirmed owl 2018 winners

Belicheck isn't. If he got Number 1 overall he would certainly trade it for a series of lower picks.

Look at these guys like Goff, Leinart, Russel, Leaf, Gabbert. All big first round picks who did fuck all. This years draft class is for Corners desu. It;s an atrocious QB class and would be surprised if any of the QB's make it.

You guys seriously obsess over first round picks as if they were the holy grail except you basically get one every year lol.

There's certainly a higher risk reward in taking a first round QB because they could turn out to be a franchise QB, but there's only 1 actual good QB every draft class.

Browns should draft Garrett and an elite shutdown corner in the first anyway.
This would seriously be the smartest move desu.

Literally the only good players on the team who were a first round pick was McCourty and Hightower.

Bill is the GOAT and is the greatest GM in existence without being a GM.

No. The lines are critical IMO. Your ability to control the line of scrimmage affects EVERYTHING. What QB has been elite behind a truly shit line?