Are you guys smart enough for this???

are you guys smart enough for this???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=URcUvFIUIhQ
wolframalpha.com/
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=evaluate 6÷2(1+2)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How could anyone fail that? It's simple as fuck

9 ez

I was a math tutor
PEMDAS
so 1

what's your answer? a bunch of people on plebbook are pretty divided (heh) at what the correct answer is

(6/2) x (1+2)
3 3

The correct answer is John Cena

wrong

correct

no, I am not a genius

The answer is 9. A lot of retards are going to say it's 1 but it's actually 9.
You do the (1+2) first and then it becomes 6÷2(3) which is the same shit as 6÷2×3 and then you go from left to right which equals 9

NA math

PEMDAS you fucking retard

It's 1.
Too many retards here

wrong, you forgot the distributive law, the answer is 1

The M and D are interchangeable as is the A and S so it's technically also PEDMAS or PEDMSA

My nigga

Show your work

Bait. P E (md) (as)
Same priority operations are read left to right

I had heard they made some kind of change in the "rule" sometime after most of us were already taught to do it the right way (like you did)

6/2(1+2)
6/2*(1+2)
6/2*3
3*3

the fact that we have to argue about something like this is just sad. and the answer, for all of you retards, is 17.

Shit like this starts wars.

The way they taught it when i was in school, the answer is 9

This, it can be written as
P
E
DM or MD
AS or SA

This is due to multiplication and devision being the same thing mathmatically, same for AS

Is the scientific calculator right or wrong?

It's still 9

wrong, it is calculating left to right without taking into account the distributive law

Fuck you, I was a math tutor

that's MS paint, not a calculator

not the guy you replied to, but

BODMAS you fucking spic

Brackets, Order, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction.

Fucking NA education

Calling someone retarded when you have the wrong answer is retarded.

BENIS

Checked

wrong wrong wrong

multiplication comes before division

6 / 2 (1+2)
6 / 2 * (1+2)
6 / 2 * 2
6 / 4 = 1.5

answer is 1.5

Its 1

6/2(1+2)
6/2(3)
3(3)

If you were a math tutor you would have shown each step in solving the problem. So, if it is true you are a math tutor, you're a pretty shitty one.

same shit you idiot, just a different naming convention.

Multiplication and DIvision are the same thing so they are carried out left to right.

ALTHOUGH, due to the distributive law, the answer is 1

t. an eurofag

How are people do retarded we need some sort of ethnic cleansing of the Autists it's 1 if you say otherwise you need to be executed .

you're more wrong than anyone here lol

>(1+2)
>2

cough

One of the worst fakes i've ever seen

Maths postgrad here. Obelus should not be used in any mathematical equation, that said, if it was meant to be a division, it applies same priority as division symbol and multiplication symbol(and or multiplication factor).
Please stop these threads.

Triple 9 confirms it is 9.

Fuck you and learn your shit you shitty student
My job isn't doing your homework

No wonder you WAS a math tutor...
It's 9

>Multiplication and DIvision are the same thing

Now I know you're a fucking moron.

And no, it's not 1. If you follow the fucking formula instead of pulling numbers out your fat ass, you do the brackets first which is 3, then the division, then the multiplication.

It's not hard desu :^)

that's only the answer for retards, indeed.

It's 1 dumbass, that's why you were NEVER a math tutor

No it doesn't, troll. Multiplication and division have the same priority, except for reading left to right. The order of which gets executed first is determined by which one comes first when reading the problem left to right.

this

If you think the answer is anything but 1 it means that a) you are not educated enough to be worth employing, and b) your brain function is fundamentally flawed, and the act of you passing down your genes actively devolves the human race

the answer is

Depending on the "order of operations" you choose to use, the answers will be different.
There is a rule that explains what method is used for what. However it is highly debated when to use which.

This is correct, distributive law mean 2(1+2) = (2*1 + 2*2)

if this is bait I salute you

if it isnt, kill yourself

It's wrong, sorry
youtube.com/watch?v=URcUvFIUIhQ

BSc in Mathematics here
No the guy you quoted is actually right multiplication is the same as division 6/2 = 6x0.5 in the same way subtraction is just the addiction of negative numbers.
Fag

We should use "riddles" like this one to find and kill ignorant people

6÷2(1+2)=
=6÷2•3=
=6÷6= _1_=what a bunch of fags u are

>(1+2) = ?
It's worrying that people can't even do simple additions nowadays.

This is entirely incorrect, just because there are different anagrams used in various areas to teach the order of operations doesn't change how maths works

It's 9 retard. God why are all americans so stupid

correct

In some countries the division symbol is the equivalent of a « - ». Meaning there are two correct answers as you did not clarify a divided symbol.

You are a stupid cunt. If you want to teach, you show the proper steps. If you want the student to prove they know how to solve the problem, you must get them to write out the proper steps. Quit your trolling, faggot. You're better at sucking dick than math. Actually, you're better at sucking dick than trolling also.

its 9 you fuck heads

How people get anything other than 1 makes me lose faith in americas education system

You guys are retard use a fucking calculator

It actually depends on when you were taught to solve this. The order of operations changed about 15 years ago. I have no idea why. Some Fucking liberal no doubt.

You did (6/2)*(1+2), moron

2(1+2)
2x1 + 2x2
2 + 4

off yourself

It's a poorly written expression. the 6/2 or the 2(1+2) should be surrounded by parentheses to make the author's intent more clear.

1 ez

thats how its done fuck wit

>needed a website to solve it
>still got it wrong

You are all fully retarded. Let the STEM PhD solve it for you:

6/2(1+2)
6/2(0.5)
12(0.5)

The answer is six, amerifats.

I'm Mexican American Bitch
that's why I can be a math tutor

Even if they did it your way they still got it wrong, mate.

>Multiplication and DIvision are the same thing

They are you spastic. Division is literally multiplication by the reciprocal.

Within the foundation of mathematics, there is no formal definition of division that is separate from multiplication in a way that addition and multiplication are different

nice one

thats equivalent to (6/2) * (1+2) = 9
if it was 6/(2*(2+1)) it would be 1

I have a question...

I was taught BEDMAS in school, but I was also told if multiplication comes before division it becomes BEMDAS, and vice versa for if subtraction comes before addition. Is this correct? That always confused the fuck out of me so I hope it's not true

>being wrong
>belittling the intelligence of everyone else
Pompous cunt. Wallow in your ignorance like a pig in shit.

You can exactly what I did

wolframalpha.com/
check yourself

If fact it can mean(6/2)(1+2) and that does not change anything

Unless you do it like this 6/[2(1+2)] the answer will be 9

It's gotta be 9.
6/2(1+2)
P (1+2) = 3
6/2(3)
(MD) left to right 6/2 = 3
3(3) = 9
the numbers here have the same priority so it just goes from left to right.
Think about it when you add and subtract you are working with these numbers by themselves singular units, thus they are in the same priority when trying to reach an answer. Division and Multiplication are the same way instead of working with singular numbers you are working with groups of numbers. This is how I was taught. I'm not sure if the rule has been changed but I've always been seen it like this.

Same here man, that's what I did and got 9 lol

Yes it does. If you solve it using a different order, you get different answers.

I got no clue dude, ask a math major or a math teacher

_a math tutor

bait

Fukcing retards, you should learn how fraction works

In all honesty I wonder how much of this is bait

I'd say 70:30 (bait:retards) ratio

Oh look, it's this thread again. Thank you for reminding me why I left this shithole in the first place. You're all fucking retarded.

6 ÷ 2 ( 1+2 ) = 6/2 × ( 1+2 ) = 3 × 3 = 9 ;

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=evaluate 6÷2(1+2)

correct