Name one good conservative musician

Name one good conservative musician

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OCUQpcLg-aE
youtube.com/watch?v=-XqnE1PnWF4
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/john-lydon-trump-brexit-nigel-farage-support-sex-pistols-singer-good-morning-britain-a7652981.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

moby

Zappa

brahms

Mike Love

Does Wagner count?

kanye
wagner
brainbombs

Father John Misty

>Philanthropist
>vegan
>pro-drug

>conservative

lol

Billy Corgan

>kanye
>right

Johnny cash

This is the only one

Smashing Pumpkins are the most overrated band in history, prove me wrong. Also look up Bradford cox's story about billy corgan

the ramones

>billy corgan
>good

youtube.com/watch?v=OCUQpcLg-aE

bowie

>inb4 he apologized

as if that means anything

Grimes

Danny Elfman

Sup Forums defends the Ramones now? What the fuck?

Zappa was a centrist

back in the day Ted Nugent went fucking hard

Zappa was pro-business and thought "revolution" was stupid.

That's why he called himself a "conservative"

economically he was conservative, but socially he seemed really liberal.

inb4 libertarian.

Every libertarian I've met still harbors deeply rooted abstract-liberal beliefs like "why don't poor people get better jobs" or "I don't hate gays but I don't understand the need for gay marriage being legal". Basically any justification of systematic oppression is "muh free market".

Zappa just seemed like a liberal capitalist which is honestly how I would describe all these musicians except for Nugent, who isn't really a "musician" as much as a guitarist and Cash, who might actually be the correct answer to the question of the thread.

They don't exist. Conservatism is directly opposed to good music.

>citation needed
>citation needed
>who?

Prince
Neil Peart

see the third paragraph of Conservative =! pursuant of money

Especially Prince, he was just understandably defensive of his intellectual property.

John Maus

I'm not a libtard, in fact I hate those faggots, but conservatives kind piss me off. They think everyone supposed to be blue collar worker and anyone who isn't is dumb or a degenerate. They hate most musicians who aren't rockists

No no, Prince actually was a Christian Scientist or something I think. A social conservative. Maybe a 7th day adventist. Look it up on his wikipedia article. He hated gays.

>this triggers the Sup Forumsmale

OP said good

Jehovah's Witness

Dude was also a philanthropist and I couldn't find anything anti-gay. In fact he was pretty avid about encouraging the blurring of gender lines and propelling women into the spotlight of the music industry.

Pretty much the opposite of a social conservative, but yeah as far as business goes he was pretty far right.

I'm a pretty big Prince fan anyway, but I went through his wiki to fact check.

But I thought consuhvatism woz the new counta coolcha??

IMAGIIN MAH CHOK

>it's another episode of numale believing Rush/Neil Peart are libertarian for citing Ayn Rand as a lyrical influence on one song out of a 40+ year career
They're from Toronto, you can't possibly get more liberal

A FOOKIN URRHINEEAL

The USA Freedom Kids
youtube.com/watch?v=-XqnE1PnWF4

>Vancouver
>Portland
>San Francisco
>Boston
>Austin
>Sacramento
>Detroit
>Seattle

Come on, I'm pretty liberal and even I have to admit those cities are blue as fuck.

Me, although I used to be a liberal and still have the psychological traits of one. Being able to bleep bloop for 6 hours is probably rooted in the same kind of autism as being able to believe in the equality of biologically different groups.

Apparently John Lydon is a conservative (or something like that).

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/john-lydon-trump-brexit-nigel-farage-support-sex-pistols-singer-good-morning-britain-a7652981.html

I have no idea what this sentence is even saying.

Psychological traits don't affect political bias, ASD has noting to do with music taste or political ideologies, you don't have to "believe" in equality, it exists regardless of your faith in it.

Fiddy

Ian Curtis

Jesus how can someone who makes such good music be so stupid

Saimese Dream and Mellon Collie are the only two albums made by a conservative that could even be considered good, maybe some Johnny Cash stuff as well but he wasn't really political from what I know

>Psychological traits don't affect political bias
not the guy you're replying to but that's kind of ridiculous

>Psychological traits don't affect political bias
They do. You can look into it. Jordan Peterson's been doing research on it lately but I started hearing about the idea of political views being related to personality years ago. Openness and conscientiousness seem to be the most accurate predictors of a person's political views, with openness being associated with the left and conscientiousness with the right. Openness is also related to creativity. I'm a creative slob by nature, and most people like this lean left. You can tell this from common sense if you look at punk houses, which I lived in once upon a time.
As far as equality goes, you're wrong about it. Groups of people differ in a multitude of ways including average muscle/fat ratio, blood testosterone levels, culture, IQ, skull shape, and psychological traits such as the ones I mentioned. For an obvious and hopefully uncontroversial example, women are more nurturing than men. If you understand evolution, you know that different environments mold different kinds of animals. The same thing happened with humans.

Jordan Peterson is kind of a joke among people conducting research. His projects are heavily biased and therefore flawed by nature. He's gotten into trouble with the IRB quite a few times for conducting borderline unethical experiments.

I'm currently pursuing a graduate degree in psychology, while these differences exist statistically in large populations, you going to have a hard picking a dozen random people and finding that same trend among the 12.

Statistics are cool and all but demographics defy their stereotypes.

My dad is a older white military veteran who leans left, my mom has a couples of graduate degrees from two pretty liberal northern colleges and shes a conservative.

Demographic information is cool and can tell us a little bit about a large population. But its almost useless when it comes to describing individual people or smaller groups.

Kek is this copypasta

>Statistics are cool but anecdotal evidence is better.
c'mon man

ABSOLUTE BUCKO

ABSOLUTE BUCKO

Bach

I asked for GOOD conservative musician.

The most boring of the prominent 90s electronic artists. Very formulaic too.
Style over substance loser. Beefheart thanks to the Magic Band did it so much better, and so did the more progressive types in Fluxus from that time.
Worst member of the Beach Boys.
It really shows. Brahms is the most uninventive composer of his time, and Wagner's so out of touch with reality that he wastes his time writing stupidly long operas that nobody will watch.
Kanye sucks at actually rapping meanwhile his music is brickwalled too much making even the more sophisticated bits pointless. Watered down pop rapper.

Brainbombs is posercore garbage, with a very limp sound for a noise rock band.

>making second rate dreampop by watering it down so it can be marketed to the mainstream

>country music
>ever good

Another style over substance junkie. Never did a damn original thing in music, and his music was literally watered down Beatles/Pink Floyd.

Lmao.

>muh guitar wank

>bargain bin Michael Jackson
>bargain bin jazz drummer

>irrelevant overratedass rapper

>commits suicide for cheating on his wife and having two womemes like how conservatives tend to form cults and have polygamous relationships

What

>>commits suicide for cheating on his wife and having two womemes like how conservatives tend to form cults and have polygamous relationships
How does this not make him a good musician?

is it autism

Sorry, did you mean: musicians I like?

I mean what are you supposed to do? Tell someone "you believe X because you're in this demographic"? What if they don't fit the outline the demographic information is telling you? Often times the differences over a general population are so small its still basically guesswork.

The problem with a lot of psychological and especially sociological research is that its completely empirical.

A lot of data is not ratio or ordinal data but are subjective measures.

For example I worked on research where the goal was to determine if decorated classrooms affected children's scores on an assessment. I'll spare a lot of the details, but even through we could objectively count the amount the times the child went off task and we had their assessment scores, we still asked them if they were paying attention.

You still have to take self report measures, even when you run a fairly empirical study.

Did the subjects report paying attention?
Did they feel confident in knowing the material?

You can have all the demographic information about a person you want, until you actually talk to them you're not going to get a good picture.

It wasn't until we debriefed the subjects that we found out that a lot of kids that appeared off task were looking away to think, and a lot that appeared heavily focused on their work were doodling on the paper.

If you actually look at the results of the study it looks like the less attention kids payed, the better they did.

Googling shit for 10 minutes on the internet isn't the same as going to school, going through the process of being certified by the IRB, learning how to conduct a research proposal, how to digest statistics and run ANOVAs or factorial designs, research on people never yields black and white results.

The Godfather of Soul himself, James Brown

yeah the guy who made the song "Jack U Off" hated gays

>implying people who like to throw out statistics don't have the knowledge of statistics let alone corrections, various distributions, or bayesian v. frequency approaches

I didn't respond to the first post because I thought it was a copypasta. My point is that inequality exists between groups of humans, not that all members of a group should be seen as the same. I'm not promoting any specific reaction to inequality as much as promoting awareness of inequality.

A lot of jungle/dancehall musicians are super homophobic if that counts

The futurists would be conservatives going by the fucked up definition of the word we have today

If i'm not mistaken John Lennon was very conservative leaning towards the end of his life.

I believe he casually mentioned that Jimmy Carter was shit and that he considered voting instead for Reagan in 1980. Republicans took this to mean that Lennon was always a firm and proud neoconservative.

...isn't he British?

This is your typical idea of somebody scrambling extremely hard to defend his black and white view of the world.

It doesn't matter on which side of the political spectrum you lie, just remember, that people like this philistine idiot, are not to be listened to.

There are fantastic conservative musicians, just as there are fantastic liberal musicians.

You're actually brainwashing yourself if you think otherwise.

He was living in the US in the later years