This stuff seems so primitive compared to white stripes and black keys...

this stuff seems so primitive compared to white stripes and black keys. do you only like it more because it came out first? the invention of electronic guitars made those bands sounds much more stimulating and the melodies are way richer and more complex than blues musicians of the 1920s. so why do people say it's worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=to-4rbSpJJk
youtu.be/pGbIBoNjeHs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because they're copycats

9/10 bait, actually

All guitar music is the same

guitar music > computer """""music"""""

Yeah, pretty decent but at the same time it loses points because nobody would ever actually say this with any sincerity.

my theory is that these people are afraid of death. everytime someone comes out with a new sound that builds upon older styles people are reminded of their mortality. they fear that they aren't as important as they once thought. they are not the center of the universe. the advancement of technology and art scares them because they know that they will never be alive to enjoy what technological development has to offer

they feel robbed of this so they pansy around yelling obscenities to anyone who dares make the claim that music of the current generation is way more intellectually stimulating than previous generations. they use typical adhominem attacks and weak arguments like compare lady gaga to bob dylan completely mowing over the fact that 60s and 70s radio pop music is just as bad. in reality bob dylan was really just the bon iver of the 60s.

they are afraid of mortality so they try to deify the time that they were alive to make it immortal. they're so selfish that they get off on the fact that their "time" was better than any other "time" in the remaining 1-2 decades that they have left on planet earth.

here's the bitter truth: music, literature, film etc.. and the arts in general are just in their infancy. it is a 2 week old fetus. it will be "born" when immersive virtual reality becomes the norm. yes bands like the velvet underground and writers like james joyce helped create some of the tissue fibre of the baby but they are merely just an atom compared to the rest of the baby. the artists of the future will prove to be the stoic gods that the dads of today consider musicians of their time to be.

you have to accept the fact that your best people are but a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things and at most will have had a say in how an atom of a tissue fibre of art will look like to onlookers in a million millennia

to answer your question: on a long enough timeline, robert johnson and jack white are the same people

Dude what the fuck are you talking about?

It depends. Most of it is very primitive and simplistic, true. Outside its atmosphere, the music doesn't have much to offer. But some of the more technical guys like certain Robert Johnson tracks or really anything by Elizabeth Cotten involves much more intricate playing.

see

so no retort then?

loud blues rock is irritating

you would get really annoyed listening to that shit whilst picking cotton

This. A lot of people tend to forget that Robert Johnson would play rolling baselines along with his melodies and pull off effects that most modern guitarists can only achieve with a second guitar. I really like how so many of the earlier blues guitarists would play as a self-contained unit. They showed us just how versatile of an instrument the guitar can be.

Here's one of my favorite examples by Blind Willie McTell: youtube.com/watch?v=to-4rbSpJJk

Now listen to that and reflect on the fact that McTell is playing parts that a modern band would have contracted out to one or two other players. But does he really need a bassist or even a percussionist when he can play like that?

You sound like you're trying way too hard my dude

>my dude
did you hear someone on twitter say this? do they listen to mac demarco and put a lot of effort in their fashion choices to make it look as low-effort as possible? mortality is mercy for people like you

this might be true if the internet didn't come along and make it easy for anyone to trace the history of music

ur so cool

how many musicians from the paleozoic era have you listened to?
your aesthetic is not only dated by half a decade but your life is empty because you listen to mount eerie

I checked it out for a second once but it was pretty boring. I mostly listen to happy hardcore.

>paleozoic
You made me chuckle.

>this post
holy shit please off yourself

How is a new sound that builds upon older styles "advancement?"

the same way that pic related is an advancement from apes

This is an interesting theory, do something better with it than posting on Sup Forums

>in reality bob dylan was really just the bon iver of the 60s.

lmao going right in the ol' copypasta word document

Some real blues. youtu.be/pGbIBoNjeHs

My guy
Man
Retard
Faggot
Homo

Whatever floats ur boat my guy

bad example cause it implies humans descended from apes, not even evolutionfags believe this

>All guitar music is the same

>being this much of an ignorant pleb

Holy fucking shit dude

bumping this shit thread for entertainment purposes