Serious question

Serious question.

Should we be tolerable to bullying?

Does it force people to toughen up and to fight for themselves? because not everybody is going to have your back 24/7 so it leaves them no choice but to become stronger I guess like some sort of conditioning.

On the other hand it hurts people and make them feel abandoned and isolated and can even lead to suicide

Maybe we should let bullying happen so the weak ones will weed themselves out by committing suicide
and the tough ones can still survive

I guess like a survival of the fittest kind of deal

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/30/bullies-are-happier-have-more-sex-appeal-says-study/
theundercoverrecruiter.com/bullies-successful-work/
cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bullies-have-higher-self-esteem-social-success-study-finds-1.3173387
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Does it force people to toughen up and to fight for themselves?
no, because they fucking punish you for defending yourself.

depends how you defend yourself. if you just go school shooter then youre stupid and weak and you deserve to be punished for not being clever enough to find a better way to defend yourself./

I was bullied all through school. I agree with OP, it conditioned me to be self sufficient and not a whiney SJW faggot like they have in schools now. I'm 30 btw. Good job, nice house, hot wife. Happy, healthy, couldn't ask for more.

I support bullying.

I think so. But on the other hand we should provide some support for victims so they know how to defend themselves the right way. maybe self defense classes in school should be mandatory.

You goddamn morons. Bullying cuts wounds that never heals. I was more on the bullying side than the bullied. So I'm not but hurt. Just using my brain.

>Good job, nice house, hot wife. Happy, healthy, couldn't ask for more.

pretty sure none of that has to do with the fact you were bullied.

Bullies are generally faggots with serious self esteem problems.
People with real power don't usually feel a need to exert it over others.
Bullying was never useful, and never appreciated at any age.
Here's a simple example:
4 guys pick on one guy.
4 faggots classified as faggots.
Can be children or adults.

Saying fight back doesn't work in all circumstances.
If you see someone outnumbered it is probably because there are a large number of faggots in the area.
Do something to help those who are outnumbered by faggots.

>self defense classes
if we had this then nobody would bully anybody but we would have the knowledge to defend from an atatcker

Bullshit. I could have easily stayed in my parents basement and blamed the system for allowing me to be victimized at school, but I didn't. I got up off my ass and did something with my life. So now I'm sipping my coffee and replying to faggots like you, and then I'm gonna go to the gym and do my grocery shopping for the week. Then, I'm gonna fuck my girl and watch movies.

All the bullying I've seen in my school years, it pretty much is the combination of assholes being assholes and the bullied pretty much allowed themselves to be bullied. They are easy targets and then become bullied. I myself were bullied a little about my weight but then I started to lose weight and stood my ground and gathered friends so it didn't continue long.

Probably became a bully.
Faggot.

no kids these days actually get kicked out of school just for punching back once. its fucking retarded

alright. nice story bro. you sound like youre trying to convince yourself your life is a lot better than it is.

Nah. Not even. Waste of energy

To you.

then dont punch them in school. find them after school. or find another way to get revenge. if you jsut accept it then its your fault, there's always another way.

if your life was as good as youre trying to convince us it is, you wouldnt even care about my replies. fuck off.

Proof that misery loves company.

It depends, if the bullying is regular (ex: A boy steals another one lunch) it shouldn't be allowed, but when there are some random acts (expecially in high school) it isn't a problem.

regardless of what laws, what opinions to/for/against bullying

bullying will exist until we dilute all the humans into that weird beige/brown bug-eyed human homunculus in about 500years (maybe)

its just how you handle it personally.

you cant fight, sure. you all know how that ends.
you can ignore, we all know how that ends
you can joke about sucking dicks and quote memes

we all know how that ends.

no one really cares, no one wants to take responsibility, everyone forgets.

What the fuck is this?

realism

No most bullying is done because people are weaker, smaller or uglier than the bully and the bully is insecure about themself. None of this is anything the bully victim can control and wont change. Also you can't fight back against bullies at all without being punished.

Bullying for the sake of communal norms is healthy, bullying for the sake of bullying is just sadistic. With that said, youth are going to bully regardless just because that's human nature. We should encourage kids to stand up for themselves and physically defend themselves if need be instead of telling them to run away like a bitch.

In my high school there was a kid that looked and acted like a retard, laughing at nothing and saying stupid shit, he used to scream and cry a lot in elementary school, except he wasnt an actual tard and didnt have a helper or any of that shit. we bullied the shit out of him, even the teachers took part. one even dumped out his backpack in front of the class because it was enormous since he never used his locker and he started crying. the kid tried to buy a half gram of weed off me with $10 worth of quarters and $1 bills.

last time I heard about him he was working at radio shack, his linked in page says he wants to be a CEO some day, he has way too much gel in his hair in his picture, it's hilarious. I dont think the bullying taught him anything.

TWO OFF

oh, and he's wearing a bow tie in his linked in picture.

Is that the fat greaser dude wearing his school uniform? Was literally just playing this on iPad.

In my experience bullying is usually the kids with shit-all going for them claiming power over their future overlords while they can. t. making more pro rata than anyone in any of my high school bullies entire families, and I only just finished freshman year.

This. Back in middle school, I saw one guy get attacked by two others over a fucking recess basketball game. He fought them off and bloodied one of them and then got suspended for a week same as them. Didn't matter at all that there were multiple witnesses who saw that it was 100% self defense.

School teachers and administrators are retarded. They love "zero tolerance" policies so much because they excuse officials from the responsibility to THINK and assess the situation.

the big dude is stupid, the skinny dude is highly intelligent

if you weed people out based on physical strength alone, humanity will become less intelligent

Except bullies tend to rise to the top of any society and it's been shown they are more successful as adults. Bullies only really fail in life in movies to make losers feel better.

[citation needed my dude], schools don't record that shit and people will v. rarely admit to it in later life

Kids are assholes. There is no way around it. People get hurt from bullying but it shows you early on that life is full of assholes and you learn to deal with them early in life. We don't need more Beta SJW faggots in the world. I don't think we need more bullying but I believe it has become a hyper sensitive subject. If you can't handle some bullying early in life, you probably aren't mentally strong enough to overcome more difficult obstacles later in life.

What we shouldn't tolerate is shitty parents raising pussies of both genders so kids know how to stand up for themselves negotiate or run. It's really easy. Only the weak bully and only the weak get bullied.

>should we be tolerable to bullying?

yes

I was bullied at school for years untill I punched 5 teeth out the guys mouth who bullied me, never got bullied again, got accepted in groups and had friends all of the sudden

the weak tossers who never stood up forthemselves are still being bullied as adults

life has never favoured weakness, why should we humans endorse it?

trump is such a pussy. lets putin fuck him around, he just complements everyone he meets and talks shit about them on twitter later. hes literally the biggest pussy ever.

>underperformed the market over entire career
>successful
pick one

hes a bully and he's president. i also doubt mike pence never made fun of someone for being a sissy faggot.

And here you are, on a peruvian knitting forum, complaining about this kids hair gel and bowtie on his linked in profile.

hes president of america.

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/30/bullies-are-happier-have-more-sex-appeal-says-study/

theundercoverrecruiter.com/bullies-successful-work/

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bullies-have-higher-self-esteem-social-success-study-finds-1.3173387

There's been tons of studies to back this up.

huh buffalo has a university, who knew?

I always wonder about how the kid turned out, apparently just as mediocre as I expected. he even posted his 2.79 gpa from community college on his resume. bullying never taught him to get his shit together.

so was obama and we all know how you feel about him

No. You are completly wrong 9/10 times people who get bullied grow up with bad self esteem and end up becoming "weak". Only 1/10 myself included fights back against bullies. Especially in a 1 vs group situation that becomes extra hard. I was jumped by several people multiple times and forced eventually to switch schools due to the amount of fights I was in.

Besides getting bullied by peers at school and such. what's Sup Forumss opinion on an individual getting bullied by family.

He's probably just ADHD

There are 7 billion people I this world. Most of them think they are better than others in some capacity. Bullying will never 've stomped out. It is used to get money out of people, to get someone to believe what you want, to get them to behave submissively, to strongarm them in a deal, for simple malicious enjoyment. Bullying will never die as long as a man lives. You learn how to deal with it so that you are not subjected to it, that's all. Trying to put an end to man's innate sense of hierarchy is naïve and folly.

he was pretty good considering the circumstances.

sweet words man i really liked them

Not in the US. Kids there resort to weapons as they generally aren't encouraged to fight bare handed...

Bullying, like excessive crying or self harm, is a destructive form of coping that children learn from their surroundings without a frame of moral reference to convince them otherwise. Like a Pavolvian dog salivating, there is practically nothing a child can do to stop itself from bullying because it is a learned and trained behavior. Only through persuasion and persistent guidance can we teach a child the tools to avoid the act of bullying.

Personally, I was a bully. I had no idea how to interact with other humans except through belittlement and domination. It may come as no surprise that my parents treated me in a similar way I treated the other children. It may also follow that I was molested consistently for years and years at a very young age. As a result, I lacked the emotional maturity and coping mechanisms to go through my daily routine without hurting others. What's more is that I did not even realize this was wrong. To me, it seemed, that being the bully was an aspirational role and that I was succeeding by being one.

Instead of focusing on toughening up kids who are bullied, it would be wiser to spend resources on teaching bullies that there are other ways to interact. We currently punish bullies which teaches them that punishment is a way to succeed. Those with more power than the bully punish it, leading it to punish others in a quest to regain its power. If we train the bully into normalcy, we will have fewer bullied children. From there, it will be a simpler matter to address each weakened or bullied child instead of using ham-handed methods at protecting all kids from bullying.

The absolute worst thing we can do is "make an example" by punishing a bully a lot with jail time or military service. That encourages more bullying from the bully and many other bullies who see it. It also does not heal any of those who were bullied, instead convincing them that only those with more power can protect them instead of empowering them.

What kind of drugs are you on? Bullies get suspenden more often and usually care less about class. Leading to them working at lower paying jobs all their lives. Once in a while some rich kid bully will rise sure but more often then not all my old bullies grew up to be failures.

I agree

are you looking forward to 2nd year of your psych course?

The only way bullies win is if you don't stand up to them. We need to stop punishing kids for snapping and kicking their bully's ass. It should be encouraged. Actions have consequences.

Parents discourage it because they are afraid their precious baby will get hurt, but guess what, getting ahead in life takes pain and sacrifice. It doesn't even matter if you win the fight with the bully, all that matters is that you tried. Bullies only want easy targets. If you fight back every time they will leave you alone.

That said, if you fight back don't do some retarded nerd shit like anime moves or hitting them with your anime katana, fight them like a man. You will probably lose but trust me, the more you stick up for yourself the more respect you will get. Eventually those bullies will become your friends once they realize you actually have a backbone and aren't an easy mark.

nah, in 9th grade for that night when our parents would go in to meet our teachers his father supposedly asked our history teacher if kids ever come in and out of class through the window since it was on the first floor. I think he was just a product of the people who raised him.

he was in the background for maybe 5-10 seconds of one of bobby flay's shows once and made our french class watch the entire episode.

I'm actually looking forward to my next career move because I found that financial power can fill the hold left in me when I was first forced to jack off a neighborhood boy.

I'm speaking entirely from experience, not from some bullshit college course.

i'm actually about to finish my 4th year. pretty soon i'll earn my elbow patches for my tweed sport coat.

how does someone even force you to jack them off?

Definitely! If a kid starts a fight, it should be the right and the privilege of the other kid to end it however they want. That's how it works for adults in the real world.

The only caution I would give is to watch out for kids who manipulate the bully in to throwing the first punch.

also, losing your first fight is the first step to winning your first fight. it empowers you

>Should we be tolerable to bullying?
Stopped here.
Yes, I don't know if you've been living under a rock but have you taken a look at the world lately. There are too many people with thin skin who don't know how to act when they're confronted with something because they never experienced being shot down as they grew up.

maybe you should just stop being a fag.

Power dynamics, mostly. If you're four and he's nine, he can beat you up and has convinced you that he can get you in trouble, you will do pretty much whatever he says.

Now granted, I know how dumb it sounds to an adult. I've often belittled myself for not just running out of there and telling an adult. But four year olds don't know what is or is not normal. The assumption is that whatever someone tells you must be true.

100% agree. The emotional damage isn't as easily erased. Some bullying is entirely verbal or digital now which makes it much harder to fight back without falling in to the bully's trap.

sounds like you wanted it to me

there is only one solution jimmy, to your problems jimmy

get the voices out of your head jimmy!!!

>washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/30/bullies-are-happier-have-more-sex-appeal-says-study/
>theundercoverrecruiter.com/bullies-successful-work/
>cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bullies-have-higher-self-esteem-social-success-study-finds-1.3173387
>There's been tons of studies to back this up.

looks like there's been 3 to me, charlotte. only 2 of these even 'cite' a study and they're both lead by unknown academics from colleges in the middle of buttfuck nowhere

fag fag detected
Sorry that that happened to you user you shouldn't belittle your self for something that was out of your control.

If standing up to bullies were to be encouraged, wouldn't school stabbings/shootings, ect become more common?

>big stronk bullii
>smol weak nerd
>strength gap equalized by weapon

We used to get payed by victims to harass their bully online or fish for logins. If the bully just needed beat up we'd just have some meathead or jock do it. Eventually all bullies stopped and the money dried up. This was at a relatively small school so everyone was usually kind to each other.

Google it there are hundreds of studies to back this up. You're just salty because you were bullied and ended up a sad failure, lol.

(1/2)
No one should be tolerant to bullying for a myriad obvious reasons. You think the shittiest brats raised by narcissists and alcoholics give a shit about your over-arching reasons to encourage their destructive behavior? It only adds rocket fuel to their often self-destructive fire, taking down other children who simply want to learn and compete in healthy extracurricular activities. It's self-propagating, just like thug culture and third world regimes.

I have my serious doubts about the critical-thought-retarding public school system, but encouraging bullying is every bit as bad, if not worse, than the zero-tolerance bullshit, because it takes the responsibility away from the perpetrators at the root of the problem. Except, unlike zero-tolerance in which the teachers can use it as an empty excuse for turning a blind eye to pointless violence in the name of liability, encouraging bullying to toughen up the weaklings just expects the well-behaving children to deal with the brunt of the problem.

You want to toughen up the weaklings? Encourage them to beat the shit out of bullies and deal with things in a case-by-case situation like humans are supposed to do. Intelligent life itself evolved to stave OFF enough already pointless, thoughtless aggression and take the path of least resistance while doing so–not to encourage apelike aggression genes. That's absurd. Even then, we know better by now.

(2/2)
>Maybe we should let bullying happen so the weak ones will weed themselves out by committing suicide and the tough ones can still survive

No. Our species thrives when we at least give our offspring the chance to grow and develop to show their true potential. You want to suck Social Darwinism's dick? Fine. At least give impressionable children a fighting chance to make it into adulthood. Very few people actually how their true worth in childhood. By better logic, by adulthood if we haven't seen improvement in the "weak" behavior then I guess the problem would take care of itself by then.

OP you sound like someone who was either bullied themselves and can't resolve the higher "purpose" behind it, or someone seriously lacking normal empathy for how terrorizing bullying is on an 8-year-old's psyche, which makes you eager to take mother nature to its illogical extreme.

>I guess like a survival of the fittest kind of deal

If you're subscribing to that mentality, then I'd like to see how well you fair in a Mad Max style fantasy.

I've been lucky. Never really had a serious bully problem growing up. Probably because I kept to myself most of the time. I don't think bullying should be tolerable, I think schools should teach the right skill sets to be a better person.

It's okay if I can take a shotgun to the bullies head .

>t. never been bullied before

You people are so delusional. You are fucking retarded if you think bullying does anything to help anyone.
I really don't understand where you guys are coming from. Are you trying to be stupid? Is it that you want an excuse to bully people?

if it makes you feel any better, he had probably been molested by an adult

If it is tolerated, then we'd need special classes, such as self defense, tolerance, and problem solving.

> if you just go school shooter then youre stupid and weak

You're stupid and weak for attacking people unprovoked(in the sense that it's out of proportion), but when a bully does it it's alright?

>weak ones will weed themselves out
just kill everyone

How can you want such a thing once your fucking four you fucking inbred moron

100% this. Contrary to what losers and spineless faggots think, bullies tend to be more successful and happier throughout life.

dubs of truth

Then what the actual fuck are YOU doing on this board? If your answer is neither, "I AM the spineless faggot" nor, "I gotta give props to those who are savage enough to eat everything in their path on the pay to success," then you are a confirmed liar.

I got bullied, it taught me self defense, and how no one in the real world ever helps you or stands up for you.

Only you can take care of you.

Both my parents told me to fight back.

I tried telling the school once, after that failed I decided to hit my bullies.

I never went to a school with a zero policy rule, hitting back didn't get you in any trouble, basically. I was a star pupil so perhaps that was also in my favor however.

I guess this doesn't work if you can't fight, but I've never lost a fight in my life. (Never been in a fight as an adult, but I had more than 30 fights when I was around 10-16. two 2v1's and one 3v1 also.)

Also never had a black eye or any injuries (Gave a lot though)

I'm cautious to get into a proper fight as an adult though, because we all hit harder, if I do I'm going 100% from the start.

I don't think bullying is good, but it does force some people into certain situations, and if they succeed they are better off for it. (But if they fail they fail hard)

If I wasn't bullied, I probably wouldn't be able to handle myself in a fight. I don't really recommend it but you can gain something from shitty situations.

Nice rebuttal, basically "yeah well I'm a fucking loser and post here so you must be too." Great logic. I guess wedgies kill brain cells.

Is that what YOU did in the course of choices in your life leading you up to posting on this board? Explain.

And even if that is true to a healthy extent, consider you are a fish in a much larger bowl in a society that openly propagates narcissistic, anti-tribal, ignorant histrionic behavior and in fact only rewards as such. There are many types of confident leaders who take life by the horns without cannibalistic attitudes, and the world is bigger than you think.

>Inb4 godless Marxist who hates the idea of competition!!!1

The logic of bullying is self-consistent. If you were bullied as a younger kid, and you want to go bully others as you get older and tougher, then those you bully will rationalize it, and the cycle continues.

If you think that people in the past had it worse than people today, and that people tomorrow might have a chance to live better than people today, then there's a chance to interrupt this cycle. And the choice boils down to whether you think of yourself as a liberal, or a conservative. Conservatives believ that the world is a harsh place, and anything you do to prepare yourself for this is justified: even (especially!) if the things you do make the world a harsher place.

Liberals see more room to change things around, more space to improve things, and can imagine a world that's not always so harsh. So.... go to town!

because they're sociopathic.

They must, because you sound like you've had one super far up your asshole since high school and have never recovered since.

I'm so sorry that apparently your genes were so lacking that you felt you needed them beaten out of you to be normal. Good luck, user.

It's a free country I can post wherever I want. Stop projecting, just because you failed in life and waste your time here does not mean everyone here is a failure.

Where is your list of studies that prove me wrong? I've already linked mine, that bullies tend to by nature rise to the top of the social ladder. It is literally what bullying is for. If you think the world is not full of CEOs and world leaders that are *not* bullies then you're living in deep denial.

the fuck is that chenga 2?

>I got bullied, it taught me self defense, and how no one in the real world ever helps you or stands up for you.
>Only you can take care of you.

Yeah, ultimately at least. Although I wager childhood by nature requires grown adults to protect and create a fighting chance for every kid. This is probably one of the few rational, honest responses in ITT so far afaic. We should be encouraging self-defense and self-reliance, not the bullying end of things. Life is already filled with enough pointless black eyes and character-strengthening adversity as is without abnormal idiots saying it's necessary for society or some other bullshit.