Does anyone else hate blues

Does anyone else hate blues

it's an entire genre based on playing the exact same rhythm and chord structure. how am I not supposed to be bored by this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0BCu5RkeWvI
youtube.com/watch?v=JmU5ofKXZMw
youtube.com/watch?v=B1Du0FONhGs
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vCaCf57uNkM
youtube.com/watch?v=DREJ9E1z7xc
youtube.com/watch?v=i7ud9u5RpVY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You dont permanently consume blues like metal or electronic.

Its a rare occasion, like a good cigar or in your case having sex.

Do these blues songs sound similar to you
youtube.com/watch?v=0BCu5RkeWvI
youtube.com/watch?v=JmU5ofKXZMw
youtube.com/watch?v=B1Du0FONhGs

Not to mention that there are thousands upon thousands of songs based on the 12-bar blues that are incredibly distinct for each other
If Steely Dan's Bodhisattva sounds like Howlin' Wolf to you I'm concerned for yr ears

>in your case, having sex

Kek rip

>in your case having sex.
lmao

Of course different artists would sound different, but when you gotta listen to an album and listen to the same shit for 40 minutes I just get bored. The only blues album I can sit through is a compilation like pic related.

Most artists performing any style, especially at the time that blues was most commercially viable, sound pretty similar over the course of an album
If they sound good that's not a problem

I'm listening to a blues-influenced album which is v sonically repetitive right now and it's good

I totally agree. One blues number on a jazz album is nice. Two is tolerable. Anything more puts me to sleep. Artists who ONLY play the blues trigger me pretty hard.

I also hate Suicide too, because it sounds the same and is cheesy as hell (lol he killed his baby and I scream so edgy). I guess I will just never understand the blooze...

Blues are comfy...they are like a pair of your favorite old jeans. You dont wear them all the time but when you slip them on they feel just right.

There is a charm to the Blues simplicity- its not trying too hard- its just calling them as they see it and feel it...and you got to respect that.

If the blues dont give you the feels then you are dead inside.

>or, in your case, having sex

You probably hate rock and roll as well!
Get off Sup Forums and just stick to listening to classical music, you elitist, stuck up POS!

Slow blues is good
But I agree most of its licks are repetitive and they use the pentatonic scale in quite a predictable way

just listen to john fahey instead

is this the blues? doesnt sound like Robert Johnson...

youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ

listen to roots and blues by charlie mingus

>If the blues dont give you the feels then you are dead inside.

I get feels from bands like Low, or Red House Painters, but the blues does nothing for me emotionally. It just sounds like old cliche music to me. People talk about how it's like, the musical form of black angst or something, but they never sound really sad at all. If the lyrics have to tell you "I'm sad," like most blues songs do, then you aren't doing a good job. Some lyrics of feelcore bands I like aren't too subtle, but it's backed up by the music being sad too.

Listen to Son House, Blind Willie McTell, Howlin Wolf, and The 3 Kings and tell me they sound the same.

It's quite literally the foundation of all modern music.

>never sound really sad at all

wut. dudes got a hellhound on his trail. hes scared.

>they never sound really sad at all

So...you really are dead inside. sad!

youtube.com/watch?v=vCaCf57uNkM

I sure hate the blues. When I get the blues, I pick up a guitar and sing about what I'm feeling. It's what it is.

you can feel happy and still sing the blues...

youtube.com/watch?v=DREJ9E1z7xc

You idiot
You fell for a meme opinion

Nice

god DAMNIT. Everyone pack up.

>permanently consuming metal
>having sex on the regular

The ironing.

Checkmate, motherfuckers.

youtube.com/watch?v=i7ud9u5RpVY