Why does Sup Forums always sleep on Carly so much?

Why does Sup Forums always sleep on Carly so much?

She's literally the reigning queen of pop and literally no one on here cares. She isn't waifupop like Grimes because her music is actually good and groundbreaking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5oqxz6hpGbs
youtube.com/watch?v=st3c4Mf5qtw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

poptimism is cancer btw

>Pop
>Good and groundbreaking
I'm Confused

As you said, no one cares

I bet none of you heard any of her songs outside of Call Me Maybe

If she is the "Reigning queen of pop" I would have by now, right?

>She isn't waifupop like Grimes because her music is actually good and groundbreaking.
Are you serious, bro? Her music sounds like Taylor Swift lite. There's nothing groundbreaking about her safe pop. Meanwhile, Grimes is really futuristic, innovative and out there: youtube.com/watch?v=5oqxz6hpGbs

Carly is replaceable, Grimes is not. That's the difference.

If you don't know >5 girls EXACTLY like Grimes IRL, you should check it out sometime.

How has grimes innovated, exactly? I don't thinmk that Carly has btw before you call me on that.

This guy is correct but he's a faggot

also grimes is easily replaceable, except for on this board

Thanks for bringing her up again and ruining discussion though

Seriously listen to Emotion and tell me its like any other pop album

I really like Emotion.

Quads confirm Emotion is a great album.

>also grimes is easily replaceable, except for on this board
You're stupid. If there are no alternatives, she's still irreplaceable.
>Thanks for bringing her up again and ruining discussion though
You're stupid again. The OP compared her to Carly. Read it.
>If you don't know >5 girls EXACTLY like Grimes IRL, you should check it out sometime.
To look like her and make her kind of music? That's impossible.
1. Grimes did her own brand of synthpop that nobody else did it before.
2. she did everything in her art by herself: singing, songwriting, drawing the cover art, directing and editing her videos, producing, sound engineering.
3. she popularized the concept of a female producer. she wasn't the first one, but she's the first one who really pushed it to the masses. she's a role model for other females to start pursuing a career in producing.
4. her electic music taste is due the fact she's from the first generation of artists that grew up with the internet -> access to a huge quantity and variety of music. all that eclectic taste was reflected into her own wildly diverse music. her favorite artists list ranges from Mariah Carey to Arvo Paat, from Outkast to Skinny Puppy.
5. she's the only female DIY artist at her level of success. she succeeded while most DIY artist failed.

Jesus Christ there are like 500 versions of grimes but better on bandcamp making 'experimental pop', she is anything but irreplaceable since she has no standout talent or style

>Grimes did her own brand of synth pop that nobody else did before
Any band that isn't a cover band has done their own brand of [insert genre] before. Sure it's technically innovative but so what? What impact has she had?
>she did everything in her art by herself
People have done that before, not innovative
>she popularized the concept of the female producer
>she wasn't the first one
Once again, not innovative
>her eclectic music taste
All of her music is p4k-core, nothing to be proud of. Even Kurt Cobain had a more eclectic taste and he didn't even grow up with the internet
>at her level of success
Success does not mean innovation if she didn't start it

Jesus Christ name at least 10 of them. I'd like to be proven wrong for real (to find artists as good as her).
>she is anything but irreplaceable since she has no standout talent or style
That's just your opinion. If you would pay attention to her music you'd see why it's so special.

LA Hallucinations a banger

She's just boring

Who's Arvo Paat?

>Mariah Carey to Arvo Pärt, OutKast to Skinny Puppy
Jesus Christ, all of those artists are very popular and you should know about them with even an entry-level grasp of music. I didn't even need the Internet to know about that shit.

She's not the reigning queen of pop because her fans post old pictures of her only.

jesus christ what a mess. She really needs to learn how to mix.

Her vocals are also unbearable

I Didn't Just Come Here to Dance, Let's Get Lost, and Gimmie Love

I just noted the diversity of her music taste, don't be a fucking hipster. She likes plenty of obscure stuff too. BTW I highly doubt most people have any idea about Arvo Pärt and Skinny Puppy, let's be real.

Fever too, haven't listened to the B-side in a while come to think of it

Arvo Pärt's cousin from Boston?

>there are like 500 versions of grimes but better on bandcamp
Dude like [citation totally needed] dude

>she has no standout talent or style
Which other artists have you mistaken her music for?

>pleb admitting being pleb
>not getting experimental pop

>experimental=good

This idea needs to die out

Sup Forums never sleeps on Carly you smelly newfag.

They talk about emotion all the fucking time especially during its release.

Art Angels isnt anywhere close to Emotion

>you're a hipster if you don't praise someone for entry level taste
>I just noted the diversity of her music taste
How the fuck is that innovative? It's literally "babby's first pop", "babby's first minimalism", "babby's first electro-industrial", and "babby's first hip-hop"

>pleb for not liking pop music
We need elitism back

Arvo Part mainstream as hell to people who even care the tiniest bit about modern classical. Skinny Puppy is mainstream in general, everyone knows them.

Post thighs

>Grimes is really futuristic, innovative and out there

Carly has done more for women and lgbt than Grimes ever did

>braindead RYMer detected

lol

>grimesfags keep saying her music is ahead of its time and futuristic
>listen
>sounds dated already

That's cuz Grimes is a musician/artist first desu.

CRJ is the only case where people focus entirely on a womans music, she must be doing something right

CRJ has done more for music (or at least pop music) in one album (Emotion) than Grimes ever will.

>sounds dated
To which decade?

a lot of it sounds like early/mid 2000's

I don't get the constant CRJ love on this board. She has some catchy songs. It's all generic pop. I wasn't a particularly big fan of Emotion as a whole; too much 80s-inspired pop for me, and I hate how long that trend has lasted.

Not an argument or true.
Funny thing is is that's grimes could get all of her taste from looking at decade-end charts and genre charts

LMAO, you're reaching on almost all of these points and I don't even hate Grimes. Listen to more music.

/thread

>almost all of these points
All of them

I think poptimism is more problematic pertaining to artists like Beyonce, Katy Perry, and Miley Cyrus, in that the music is an afterthought to silly antics. There's literally not a single track by any of those artists that you can put on at a party and not come off like a seriously creepy pedo.

POST THIGHS NOW

Just listening to it again.
Higher is great too.

youtube.com/watch?v=st3c4Mf5qtw

I can see what you mean with Katy Perry and Miley, but I have literally no idea what Beyonce song you think would make someone seem like a pedo

>Carly Rae Jepsen has revealed that she wrote 250 songs

Ur fav would NEVER

This, and I'll add most of this is a Micheal Jackson, Quincy Jones blatant rip off, and not very well done at that.

>CRJ has done more for music
What has she accomplished for music?

>CRJ is the only case where people focus entirely on a womans music
see

You're bullshitting.
How is that music related?

All The Single Ladies, in particular, gives me extremely creepy vibes.

Yeah sure. She did a copy of 1989 by Taylor Swift. Anything else?

>Not [...] true.
>from looking at decade-end charts and genre charts
Why are you lying ITT?

It's just a clone of 1989 by Taylor Swift.

>What has she accomplished for music?
Emotion is the single best album of this entire 80's pop revivalism. Not to mention it's just a great album on it's own.

What the hell has Grimes done?

Cool meme

(You)

>What the hell has Grimes done?
She did 4 amazing albums that sound like nothing else. Her music will be as well regarded as those innovative Kate Bush and Bjork albums. Mark my words.

Nah

>that sound like nothing else

grimesfags never stop parroting this. Even if it was original (it isn't), that doesn't automatically mean it's good.

>Emotion is the single best album of this entire 80's pop revivalism
Which other albums did it beat out?

>What the hell has Grimes done?
Released music that doesn't need to be compared to others in order to be appreciated.

There's one Kate Bush song that people like, and Bjork's music is already aging really funny-like.

Yeah I actually don't know why I included the "almost" in there.

>There's one Kate Bush song that people like
you shut the fuck up now

>There's one Kate Bush song that people like

>carly
>good
>groundbreaking
literally 80s pop but worse

Her music is really great and I love her!

but thats a typical party song tho

Just listened to two of her albums. They sound like every pop album in their respective years

Not Original.

Sup Forums doesn't sleep on her

the fact she's had a second career after what should have been a one-hit wonder is all thanks to internet hype

>that doesn't automatically mean it's good.
Good is subjective, being original is not.

>Just listened to two of her albums. They sound like every pop album in their respective years
Really? Like which albums? Post actual names.

>Even if it was original (it isn't)
Well, prove that.

E MO TION
and B-sides was great, I think its gonna be impossible to get vampire weekend, haim, and blood orange to make a collab album again though

Art Angels and Visions
Both are pretty insufferable to listen to, if we're being honest

Stop it. He's doing a thing to you.

I meant which other albums sound like Art Angels and Visions. Post album names.

I don't have an RYM account, that doesn't mean that I don't know what RYMcore is, you nonce

what part of his post was bait?

BOY PROBLEMS

>grimesfags stop replying after they get BTFO

WHO'S GOT EM?

ayy, i hate grimesfags more than i hate being alive.

>grimesfags
>expecting to be taken seriously

they're still here
>offended by Sup Forums memes on Sup Forums

Why would anyone in their right mind expect (much less WANT) to be taken seriously on Sup Forums? I think your delusional dependence on this palce is showing desu. If you aren't having fun here then you clearly aren't doing it right.

>Why would anyone in their right mind expect (much less WANT) to be taken seriously on Sup Forums?
I don't know, which is why I found it weird that you made that autistic point

she looks like this camgirl i like to masturbate to

>Why does Sup Forums always sleep on Carly so much?
Dear god, how fucking new can someone be?

>which is why I found it weird that you made
Different user, user. Why are you automatically assuming that there's only one other user ITT willing to respond to you desu?

>Why are you automatically assuming that there's only one other user ITT
I'm not, I assumed it since both me and the other user made the exact same post (although I made mine as a parody of his) and you only responded to me, even though most normal people on here would respond to two people if they made the same post within a post of each other

She has some beautiful pits, I'll give you that