Just listened to pet sounds for the first time and want to hear more beach boys. where should I go next

Just listened to pet sounds for the first time and want to hear more beach boys. where should I go next

Other urls found in this thread:

albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-1967.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Summer in Paradise

smile sessions

this

rubber soul

You won't find anything better than Pet Sounds but they still have some really great albums

>Today
>Wild Honey
>Surf's Up
>Sunflower
>20/20

Listen to Endless Summer, it's a greatest hits of their earlier stuff. If you like all the songs than check out all the albums before Pet Sounds because they're pretty good, as well.

Yep, smile sessions.

Fuck, I forgot about

how did they go from pet sounds and surfs up to kokomo

jesus christ

Sunflower, Smile Sessions, Smiley Smile, Surf's Up, Friends and Wild Honey are all great albums. I'm kinda jealous user, I wish I was discovering how great The Beach Boys are for the first time again.

Smile is starting to click with me for the first time and it makes me sad because I'm realizing the Brian Wilson who wrote that and songs like God Only Knows died with it's production

pet sounds is my favorite album. of their other official albums, here's a list of some of my other favorites of their's in relative order. I like their surf stuff too, put mainly just the singles. I also prefer any album that was originally released in mono to still be in mono.

>Smile (from the SMiLE Sessions)
>Sunflower
>Love You
>Surfs Up
>Smiley Smile
>Friends
>Holland
>Christmas
>Sumer Days and Summer Nights
>Today
>So Tough
>Wild Honey
>20/20

I also love the snl version (in mono) of Smile. It's my favorite version.
>albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-1967.html

also forgot to say that you should check out Brian's first solo album

Holland

>not mentioning Today!

Just listen to a greatest hits album. Other then Pet Sounds they were more of a singles band then an album band. They had some great songs but lots of filler that's not worth listening to also.

Don't listne to this advice. They have a ton of deep cuts that you're not going to find on most greatest hits albums.

>Just listened to pet sounds for the first time and want to hear more beach boys. where should I go next
Gas chamber.

Smile Sessions

This is a good recommendation
Also Summer Days and Summer Nights, and the pic posted

seconding

All Summer Long is a good album. It bridges the gap between Surf Beach Boys and the more complex stuff they stated doing

Shut down vol 2 is great

you don't know?

Listen to Surf's Up but skip "Student Demonstration Time".

this
not this

Smile Sessions without a doubt. It might be even better than Pet Sounds.

I ONCE HAD A DREAM, SO I PACKED UP AND SPLIT FOR THE CITY

do this, but do not skip Student Demonstration Time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that song.

Hi Mike.

Brian Wilson Presents Smile

Smile is miles ahead of Pet Sounds. I'm In Great Shape and Holidays are the fucking best songs Brian has ever composed. And Surfs Up.

>GOTTA KEEP THOSE A LOVIN GOOD, VIBRATIONS A HAPNEN WITH HER

Eat a dick