I want to talk about this film but this board can't shut the fuck up about fucking superheroes

I want to talk about this film but this board can't shut the fuck up about fucking superheroes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FGRNkrvh1Dg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>watching a film made by a lolicon

I've never seen a Woody Allen movie. Where do I start?

Why do they keep appearing in movies together? Always a couple as well, are they a couple in this one too?

As for Cafe Society, I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard relatively good things. Is it the usual Woody Allen movie?

So talk about it. Get the conversation going OP.

I liked it a lot. One of the most beautifully photographed of all of his films, the DP did an incredible job. Set and costume design as well. Loved the 30s aesthetic and allusions, as i'm a big fan of films of that era. Eisenberg was very good, Stewart as well. Really maudlin and affecting in the end, as the protag, and thereby us, reflect on the life not lived.

I have honestly more trouble with fucking Jessie Eisenberg again AGAIN , he can bang as many kids as he wants just get this fuck off my screen

That softness effect they kept using on and off was a bit weird. Beautiful film though. The villain from ant-man was based.

This statement made no sense.

Probably his most well known, Annie Hall, which is mostly comedy. Well representative of his work at large. Otherwise, depends on your mood. There's wacky early comedies, nostalgic yarns, heavy dramas, a mix of both. My favorites are Hannah and Her Sisters, Crime and Misdemeanors. Midnight in paris might not be a bad place to start, pretty light but ultimately funny w a good message. The recent Blue Jasmine for an amazing dramatic performance from Cate.

It did, it's just really badly written.

How would you rate this in comparison to his other stuff?

I'll probably go with Annie Hall thanks

>pff manchildren and their superheroes
>i only like neurotic self-effacing pedo wormy manchildren who defer to feisty castrating women who cheat

you're the same shit

What is there to say?

It's pretty decent. It has an affecting last half hour. It's just another reminder that Allen's best days are long behind him though. But it's fine and Eisenberg gave a very convincing Allen imitation.

Cafe Society?

His work/career is so vast it's tough to nail down a rubric, or a bit unfair to compare em all. But it is certainly one of his strongest films of the past 15 or so years. It's disarmingly breezy with some real depth behind it. It has the charm of some of his other period pieces like Sweet and Lowdown, Purple Rose, Radio Days.

>this board can't shut the fuck up about fucking superheroes.

OK, let's talk about Kstews feet then.

When Woody Allen makes a film you watch it. Period.
Fucking pleb.

Well said.

"ow my gwoad, i cant believe those republicans"

that shit was in whatever works and midnight in paris and it just feels like a shorthand signaling for "we're the smarties" between middle class people

and poly cuck shit is everywhere in his films too, it's bizarre

>thinks he's not pleb because he views Woody fucking Allen as a master of film

jesus christ

cmon now, some are fun but eventually you have to realize they're part of the same machinery

woody allen, rogan, eisenbergh, kevin smith superhero retardness -- all the in the same soup

Fucking millenials

This is pathetic. This is a really embarrassing way of thinking. This board is fucked.

elaborate

you can be hip, urban and open minded and open assed at tumblr

No wonder we're never getting /film/

no

Crime was ridiculously easy to get away with back then.

exactly

1818 and 1919

i'm on fire

>That fucking hipster cast
>Directed by Woody Allen

Let's not

you're embarrassing mate

I have seen probably 20 Allen movies. He's made some great movies but he's absolutely not one of the best directors working, nor has he ever been. If you think Allen represents the pinnacle of film then it is likely that you haven't seen many movies.

Only a patrician would catch the references Steve Carrel was making. I was in film school all over again.

>dismissing a movie because it has a "hipster cast"

why are you on this board? im pretty sure you can discuss the next billion dollar capeshit piece of shit over at Sup Forums

How is Kristen Stewart a hipster? She is emerging as one of the best actors of her generation.

This. She's easily the best female in her age group. How Jennifer Lawrence has an oscar and she doesn't baffles me.

I have no idea how people love Lawrence. She was alright in Winter's Bone and then mediocre to awful in nearly everything else. Also seems like a shitty person.

Where can I watch this?

Remember when people said Stewart wouldn't have a career after twilight?

Absolutely ridiculous. Also funny that they said about Pattinson. He hasn't broken out in quite the same way just yet but Cosmopolis and Maps to the Stars definitely demonstrated that he has chops.

Even in movies like Into the Wild and Adventureland it was clear that Stewart has skills. I am very hyped for Certain Women to come out.

I realized she had actual talent after On the Road. It was clear she wasn't just chasing blockbusters like Lawrence.

does stewart wear these cute outfits throughout the entire movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=FGRNkrvh1Dg

Hey, kinda like BvS.

Yes. She looks like she was born for the 1930s.

lovely

Kino

There is a lot going against this movie. Jesse Eisenberg's character comes off as a complete asshole within 10 minutes of the film, thanks to a really terrible scene between him and a Jewish hooker. None of the humor in that scene landed, which just made the situation really sad and uncomfortable to watch, and then kind of difficult to root for Eisenberg at all after that. Steve Carell isn't bad by any means, but he seems incredibly miscast in a role like this (not to say that he can't act in roles that are more serious, but this Hollywood film executive didn't really suit him). Both of the Dorfman parents come off as really awkward on screen and thus kill any of the jokes that they're meant to deliver. The only actor that gives a notable performance in this movie is Corey Stoll as the brother, but it's not enough. Kristin Stewart was mostly fine, but occasionally started picking up some of her infamous Kristin Stewartisms throughout. Carell and Eisenberg become really close out of nowhere, both of the couples' relationships are sped up by Woody Allen's narration (which doesn't really add anything to this film), and this movie is only 90 minutes long, so I feel as if they could have definitely spent more time with all of these relationships, instead of just having Woody tell us what was happening. And on top of all of this, while this is a beautiful film to look at, there is nothing new in this movie. It's another Woody Allen movie with the same romances and love triangles centered around white people who like jazz with a pretty inconclusive and unsatisfying ending.

>inconclusive

There is a lot going against this comment, but that final kicker got me. What do you mean by this? It's conclusive. Did you want the "happy ending" of them breaking up two marriages to get back together, did you get how that was the message, the life not lived?

The ending was what it was but what we're you expecting? Someone to throw a glass of whiskey at a fireplace? The movie just ended because that's how these situations usually do. Corey Stoll was one of the best performances though I'll agree.
I will never grow tired of defending Jesse Eisenberg's acting.

Hasn't opened here yet

While I don't agree about Carell, I think he did well, the role was taken by Bruce Willis and he filmed a day or two before the cast and crew got tired of his shit and they parted ways, Steve came in at the last minute.

Willis is a fucking asshole ive heard

Damn I want to read your opinions on other films now.

Holy shit I didn't know this.

Yeah, he certainly seems so. From Sly, Kevin Smith fwiw, now this. Shame, because it would have been cool to see him actually act again, like he did in Moonrise Kingdom.

KStews wardrobe. W her midriff showing was reminiscent of her in film hero Stanwycks outfit from the Lady Eve

Why do they have to be in every movie together? They're like this generations Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson but more jewish.

how are they more jewish?

If you have to ask, you might be jewish.

Only the one in each pair is jewish, how can one pair be more jewish than the other?

this makes wonder, and being serious here for a minute, but why aren't there more movies about lively's puffy nipples when they're not erect and how if you'd rub you cock and precum on it suddenly it'd get hard?

>Jesse Eisenberg's character comes off as a complete asshole within 10 minutes of the film
Is this your first Woody Allen movie?

you are an idiot.

I thought the only real drawback of the movie was the pacing in the beginning which was a little slow. and then that meant a lot of the movie happened in the second half. However it was bad enough where it took away my enjoyment of it. However I was expecting a slightly bigger role from blake lively but at the end of the day the movie was about jessie eisenberg and kstews romance which was done really well.