What were the albums that were being memed the hardest when you first started browsing Sup Forums

What were the albums that were being memed the hardest when you first started browsing Sup Forums

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/old96u1k4d6m10m/Mass of the Fermenting Dregs.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=t01VmIMipKU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MGMT s/t

If it wasn't this then you're a newfag

newfag pls go

That new arca album

*blocks your pattern*

This and pic related

>I posted it again

OPs was being shilled at the same time, plebbite

Thanks for this album, so far it's fucking amazing.

t.newfag

I remember this leaking on Christmas. What a day. That and the MBDTF leak were the high points of Sup Forums tee bee aich.

god the weeb formatting on this website can be a pain in the ass sometimes
but then again Sup Forums is based of a japanese website (pic related)

About a year after.

mass of the fermenting dregs S/T is the first thing that came to mind even though it wasn't memed. I just found it here in a share thread and thought I'd share again. Thanks Sup Forums

mediafire.com/file/old96u1k4d6m10m/Mass of the Fermenting Dregs.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=t01VmIMipKU

>tfw this meme won't make sense to newfags because of the weeb formating

I came here in 2013 so death grips was all the hype. It's also when the wave of various meme genres started

I wish I started coming here sooner.

glad someone else really likes this

and i wish i had left long, long ago

This was posted so much now I dont remember the last time I saw it discussed here.

Do you have any caps from those leaks?

>t. started here december 2016

;n;

No one said this was good, it just crushed the competition.

hey thanks for posting this

Were Midori ever a meme? Newfag here, how the fuck do you make memes out of that album besides ''DESTROOOOOOOOOOOY''?

I started coming here before that. That was 2009, and I started in 2007/2008 I believe.

You got in right at the end of Sup Forums being good. Its sad how far its fallen off since 2010-2012ish.

Exmilitary

Nah. I never saved any caps. It was a great time though. Especially since one of my favorite albums at the time was Strawberry Jam. I miss big event leaks. How long has it been since we've had one?

you're welcome
it's my fav jap album

Check out the better album Shinsekai next, most fags just hype that one up for the anime tits.

Saw it shilled a lot in 2013. May have been a thing far earlier considering when it came out.

what's wrong with it?

this

Right around when this came out I started posting. I lurked for a while before.

lol

i remember when i thought mastodon was a good band

simpler times

>tfw top 5 favorite albums
>missed all the discussions about it
end me senpaichisama

top tier taste album.
Especially the song Skabetty

if by discussions you mean "post avant jazzcore" memes and a million people asking "what album is this" whenever the cover was posted, yeah you missed a lot of "discussions"

It was this actually. and bc I was a newfag I genuinely thought it was a board inside joke. I couldn't believe that it was an actual album cover

lol same i thought it was a wallpaper

pls go

I guess the joke was that no one ever fucking posted a name or anything and just screeched that it should be your favorite

Sup Forums is still like that though

The album cover immediately drew me in, but it wasn't until last year that I listened to it and loved it

>What were the albums that were being memed the hardest when you first started browsing Sup Forums
Gantz?

Don't know, it's like the third time I'm in Sup Forums.

I don't actually remember ( my memory is pretty terrible) but I started browsing here early 2014 so you tell me

2014 was an alcoholic blur for me and i think that's when i had my first major hiatus from Sup Forums so idk. probably death grips

It'd be so much better without the stupid fucking vocals.
I like the music itself but the vocals drive me up the fucking wall.

>pitch shifted "I can't take my eyes off you" over and over til the end of the song
Jesus fuck. I hate it.

He looks like he'd be insufferable as hell.

Holdin' yoOou

I HATE IT user

damn. same.

i feel like once a year i try to listen to it and they just turn me off every fucking time

Thank fuck I'm not the only one.
They're pointless and sound like shit.
They don't even mean anything.

maybe we're just plebs

It just strikes me as stupid. They add nothing, and the pitch shifting just makes it worse.
I dunno why he even put them in.

Their old stuff never stopped being good.

They turned into a shitty rock band instead of pretty good prog band though

This. The leadup to the leak is what made me start regularly visiting Sup Forums.

>tfw you've seen so many memes of this cover you had to do a double take on the real one

I miss vaporwave

mgmt
people that can eat people...
the idler wheel...
black up
madvillainy
itaots
contra
ys
exmilitary
mbdtf
untrue
centipede hz
goblin and other wolf gang shit
born to die
feedbacker

I'm sure there are other bands and artists I'm forgetting.

i remember these being constantly touted as mankind's greatest musical achievements

idr when exactly i came here first, but i took a long break 2013-2016 cause addictions.

@old people here: was Visions ever memed?

Absolutely

More than Art Angels?

Oh hell no. Visions was actually discussed as an album and didn't require containment threads IIRC.

i'd fuck her while she wears that.

literally 50% of the threads in the catalog were about deathconsciousness, its a good album but holy shit it was unavoidable and made Sup Forums even harder to browse

It had just leaked

I still like the 2000s adult swim vibes early mastodon gives me

yo I forgot about this album, it was so good when I first heard it

Kancer West

These are memed all the time.

TLOP was pretty big desu . probably due to the fact that new versions kept leaking as people kept panning the previous release

no regrets
one of the best albums i ever listened to

This for me, I'd been on Sup Forums for a few years but the time I checked out Sup Forums it was mostly metal and people talked shit if you talked about anything but metal.

I think it was shortly after it dropped.

this.

This, then MBDTF soon after.

The AMSP release was a big one. We had a fucking general that was going crazy.

Back in the days of MPP's release, generals weren't even a thing for the most part..

It was mass chaos.

user i love you, i just found out about this band the other week and having been looking for a dl on this album for days