Donald Glover says whitey ain't b understanin black ppl

colorlines.com/articles/donald-glover-why-atlanta-has-all-black-writing-staff

donald glover created some new show about blacks livin in atlanta. it's on FX.

he says he only has black writers cuz he wants america to know that whitey don't know shit about black culture

do us white boiz even give a fuck? i mean do we care about dey culcha or nah?

personally i could give a fuck about dey WE WUZ KANGZ culcha but maybe u guys care

discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HiaFP4-O6vY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

surely makes the synapses fire

They're people.

If they don't try to pigeon hole themselves, we should be able to understand them fine. But no, they've got to play up to fucking stereotype retardation they've seen in TV shows.

>le black person says or does literally anything meme

sounds smart. i bet there weren't any black writers on seinfeld.

Huh, truly makes the ol' pre-frontal cortex signal...

Who gives a fuck

Pls get cancelled lol

Makes a bit of sense. A Chinese person would probably have a better understanding of Chinese culture. But you could argue an outsider perspective can give new insight on the culture and make for a more interesting story. Either way I bet this show is shit and I hate Donald Glover and his shitty music.

>donald glover
>black

I honestly don't care about the racial mix of his writing staff. I saw the promos for the show and it looks incredibly pretentious.

This is what happens when give a "star" his/her vanity project.

>he says he only has black writers cuz he wants america to know that whitey don't know shit about black culture

So...Crime, poor hygiene and drug addiction?

He's right, I DON'T understand black people, especially on how an entire fucking demographic of people in the United States still continue to fuck up so badly despite how much money and support the government is giving them.

you're right just entertainment kikes

what else is new

See, I fucking love Donald Glover, his music too and he's been a huge inspiration to me. But for the past like 4 years he's become super negro and its ruining him for me.

>White people make tv/movies about all races, all time periods, fiction and non-fiction
>Black people make tv/movies about modern day black culture or slavery

let em sing and dance, but no thinking. right cracka?

>This is what happens when give a "star" his/her vanity project.

donald glover aint a star

a star is a household name

he's just some nig with a decent rap career and some dumb cult show that redditors jackoff to

no one gives a shit about the guy

I'm getting too old for this shit

should keep to your strengths.

Great.

Though if we start using slang from the show, it's because we like it, not because we're racist.

That has to be the deal. You don't get to say 'this is what we're like' and then complain when people respond with 'that's a good way to be'.

No. Thinking is fine you useless fuck, It's just that when you go into a completely racist place it loses me. Also, I'm a Cuban from New York, so good job assuming I'm white

isn't donald glover a "white" black guy anyways

So why do you guys care about this?

Write what you know. White people have been dominating other cultures for centuries, so we gotta somehow know what makes them tick.

What does that mean?

It makes sense

I think that makes sense, he's making a show about black culture, white people haven't lived black culture. That being said, Donald has hardly either. I think he's insecure about the fact people have called him white in the past, because he's constantly trying to prove himself as a black man. He uses the excuse that society has fucked up blacks so bad that they find it difficult to trust him, that feels a little bit condescending. He has to make it about himself and use hardships of his race to explain why people might not like him.

HOL' UP

I hate this just because a POC can be articulate or has interest in anything of substance it makes them 'white'. People say shit like, aw you don't count you're basically white anyway.

you're all missing the point. donald is basically autistic but he's right. black people can write their own characters. its the opposite of the idris elba as bond dumb shit

Except he's totally right to be doing that.

In all of the recent excitement for promoting minorities and women in mainstream entertainment, everyone forgot that it's still a bunch of white dudes behind the scenes, both making a fucking killing on the SJW bandwagon as well as smugly patting themselves on the back for being extremely woke and remaking 80s comedies with women.

Ghostbusters was written and directed by a white dude. If they really gave a shit about projects being more representative of previously underrepresented groups of society, don't you think a fucking woman should write/direct it?

Donald has the right idea. Obviously I haven't seen the show yet, but at least he's actually following through and making original content rather than just hiding behind the guise of diversity to make an extra few bucks. A show about black culture SHOULD be written by black people, not a bunch of white dudes interpreting black culture through their own white prism, whether they're trying to be SJWs or not.

desu i see nothing wrong and i'm an evil white nationalist and racist

Cancelled after 1 season

if you have an opportunity to get help to get to college, which will take a lot of work on your behalf, or join all your friends in a gang which looks glamorous and exciting or even just "normal", that you can slip into without years of training or busting your balls, which would you pick?

We are a product of our environment, our environment heavily influences our decisions and the life we end up with. It motivates us, or restricts us. And sure, it's their fault for not taking opportunities, but you're acting like there's no reason why.

Will they hire daniel radcliffe after his performance of a lifetime in this contemporary kinograffe?

youtube.com/watch?v=HiaFP4-O6vY

cubans have big dicks?

the fuck would donald know about being black lmao

Not him, but the problem is that blacks present this as if they have no choice.
That the existence of white people somehow forces them into these gangs.

If a white person grows up in the same rough environment, and ends up succesful, they'll just disregard his achievements with 'white privilege'.

nah look at eminem

This

If you lived in an environment where crime was normalized, chances are you will have a very different view on crime than someone who grew up in middle class suburbia

But its stupid racists like most of the people in this thread who automatically think that pro-black=anti-white because its conveniently gives reasoning to hate other people if you believe that they inherently hate you

What is there to understand about the negroid race?

if you're gonna make the argument that it has nothing to do w skin colour (which is true), don't start talking pro-black.

You need to stop making up fake arguments for people you don't even know. Just from what you posted I can already tell that you have no real world interaction with black people. And that the only thing you know is from internet echochambers like Sup Forums

>le reddit gets triggered by Sup Forums meme

You're the one trying to force the "I hate blacks because (the internet told me that) blacks hate me" bullshit

What's your point?
Try to google 'eminem white privilege'

>reddit spacing

We just had this thread and the niggers got absolutely btfo

no im not

DUDE RICH MIXED RACE DUDE SO BLACK CULTURE LMAO
I H8 WHITE PEOPLE
PLEASE KEEP BUYING MY ALBUMS WHITE PEOPLE

Stop using google as an argument. Just because someone wrote their stupid opinion on some obscure blog and the google managed to find it doesn't give the idea any real weight

>If you lived in an environment where crime was normalized, chances are you will have a very different view on crime than someone who grew up in middle class suburbia

The part you're missing is that half of the crime is not just being 'normalized', it's normal, non-criminal acts that have been legislated against.

Middle class suburbia breaks these laws just as often as anyone, but it doesn't count as crime being normalized there.

If you want crime to no longer be normalized, you have to get rid of all the bullshit laws from the books, and you have to train your police as though they aren't at war with the public.

In other words, your personal anecdotes are more representative of the truth than mine for some reason?

He was on community the whitest fucking show on earth.

its not the popular consensus though is it

abloo bloo amssa don understand us

Quoting Eminem himself
>If I was black I would have sold half

Wow, rude.

probably more to do with socio economic climates you know

stop replying

How?

Was it decided that a black person writing a show was somehow a bad thing?

Donald Glover third whitest Blackman alive after Wayne Brady and Al Rocker

If I had a show about white people being white and doing white things I wouldn't want a team of black people writing it. I see no problem here.

I'm not saying that the black community is devoid of problems. But the key to solving a problem is to understand the basic nature of the problem. Making rash spur of the moment decisions just creates an environment where the government is quite literally at war with the poor, you get dumbshit laws like Washington not allowing men who are behind on child support to register their vehicles

>he says white people don't know EVERYTHING about Black culture

>OP takes that and says he says white people don't know ANYTHING

Nice b8 m8