He needs a tuner for his guitar

>he needs a tuner for his guitar
Do you think Pete Townsend used a tuner? No, because he took the time to learn perfect pitch.

>Pete Townsend

>learn perfect pitch
This is something that happens as a baby, not an adult

He's also nearly deaf at this point.

>tuning your guitar with the ac thermostat

Is it worth it to pay extra for a chromatic thermostat so I can get all the temperatures?

Not if you like punk rock

you don't even need perfect pitch to tune a guitar, all you need is relative.

t. rick beato

With no source material you need perfect pitch. How do you think Bob Marley was always in tune? You can tune with your korg tuner and play with him to this day, my friend.

>How do you think Bob Marley was always in tune?
You just play a note on a piano and match it. Why are you speculating that these meme musicians have perfect pitch?

You realize pianos need to be tuned? And that it is very difficult, and often requires a dedicated professional if you want it done right?

Tuners are comfy

Yes, and that's why you match it to a piano. Because a pro did it with tuning forks or electric tuners.

But the piano is a string instrument. it is not a solid reference point. The correct note is in the mind of the person. Obviously electronic instrumenst could be tuned to an exact frequency, but suggesting that any acoustic piano will be a good reference point is the ramblings of an uninformed person

But "perfect pitch" is an objective reference point? And what are we doing in this hypothetical scenario of using a piano (an imperfect string instrument) as a tool for? Oh that's right, to tune another imperfect string instrument by matching it with our ears.
Get the fuck outta here m8, you just destroyed your own argument.

Frequencies are solid specific numbers. We are talking about how Pete Townsend allowed all of the 70's music to be in tune through his reference vocal in the Tommy record. You do not tune relatively in a recording studio. You tune to a440, or petes vocal.

I thought this was a security system

No, grandpa. In this age you tune to the a on a digital keyboard or an a sign wave on you mobile phone, that's how it is. It just is

>You do not tune relatively in a recording studio.
Yes you do. No note of any musical instrument or human voice is a single solid specific frequency. They're complex tones that are made up of a layering of many frequecies, the unique nature of an instrument's multifrequency make-up is what gives it its characteristic timbre. Only a single sine wave is a solid specific number. You match the fundamental frequency of the instrument so it is in tune with other instruments that are being used, if they all have the same reference point, then they're all in tune with each other and that's all that matters.
>his reference vocal
Literally no one uses a vocal as a reference, no one records vocals first. That is retarded and goes against your own point. How the fuck is a voice more stable than a piano or a tuning fork? It's not, that's why no one does it like that.
>I have to school plebs that call me an "uninformed person"
fucking hell.

Thelonious monk is bird arming in his grave. If we are being specific, digital is by definition, relying on a numerical format. Actual harmony is effected by the humidity and barometric pressure, my friend.

yes. you can utilize different tunings thatta way

The whole premise of the thread is mind numbingly retarded and you're trying your hardest to make it ever more convoluted and nonsensical.

My mom did that. Started using a glass slide on her g string after my dad left. Have not seen her since.

>frequencies are solid specific numbers
Yes, but you don't get that on an instrument, there's a series of notes that occur and layer on one another.
>tuning in reference to vocals
yeah okay buddy
>you do not tune relatively in a recording studio
I mean, I always have a small clip on tuner on my guitar, but to assume people don't tune relative to each other in a studio is fucking retarded

So you agree tuning is arbitrary? How ever do we come back to a center point? Oh, perfect pich?

>he tunes his instruments

You don't even know what you are talking about
"Perfect pitch" is also relative to what the individual understands a note to be by listening to imperfect instruments.
Electric tuners are the most objective it can get.

this should have been your image

Totally missing the point of it all guy, but don't worry, you proving my point just feeds my ego further. Nice job!

no, my friend. It is a resonance that is noticed by people with bone structure in their skull that happens to ring when a true middle c is played.

>a center point
You mean any fucking note from any fucking instrument that all the other fucking musicians can use as a reference point?
>perfect pitch
which is still relative to an individual's understanding of that note, and even then if you sang a440 (which wouldn't happen since you can't sing a fucking sine wave), everyone one else would be tuning relative to your fucking reference point

The only way we can get true middle C is through electronic means, not some faggot that "learned" perfect pitch. Keep fucking trying

you literally think they can tell if its a few Hz off?

Implying they tried to learn it. Listen to "my generation" and come back, friend.

The resonance of an adult's ear canal is between 2-4K Hz
The frequency of Middle C is 261.6 Hz
Everybody's skull vibrates in response to sound.

You've been blown the fuck out so much in this thread and you think coming up with even more ridiculous "troll" posts is a good cover up but you're just digging yourself deeper. It's time to stop posting.

your confusion is exceptional

Meanwhile foo fighters songs are out of tune. Wonder why...

>instruments are imperfect and need to be tuned, but not by other imperfect instruments
>the human mind holds such perfection within it
You can't honestly think humans aren't as imperfect as the instruments we've created

Michelangelo saw the eyelashes, but he could not paint them exact.

>still using perfect pitch

Man, I can't remember the last time I fucked with 440 Hz.

and yet roadies still tune his guitar before shows

dumb thread

I don't need one at this point but I use one anyway.