Why use North and South when you can just use landmarks and Left and Rights?

Why use North and South when you can just use landmarks and Left and Rights?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/cars/2016/05/death-by-gps/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>leaf education

>>Sup Forums
Please

Wow what the fuck.

If you live in the northern hemisphere, then the sun will be in a southish direction.

It's not hard to guess the way north is supposed to be.

If it's in the morning, then you take the sun, turn somewhat right and then turn 180.

If it's in the evening, then you take the sun, turn somewhat left and turn 180.

Or you could just know where North is by feeling the magnetic fields of the earth like a normal fucking person.

>I do things wrong
9 likes
>Here's how you should do things
1 like

In my country streets and avenues have no names, so when you give an address you have to give a reference point
i.e. My house is 300 meters south and 400 west of the Church

>Or you could just know where North is by feeling the magnetic fields of the earth like a normal fucking person.

On the internet no one knows your a bird

must suck to be 3rd world nigger shithole

>it doesn't matter the actual physical direction that something is in, right in front of me is always North
>This drives my husband crazy, and he's always trying to correct me, but I don't care

Kill me

Nice system. How do you get mail?

It's frustrating when you know that a man would never say this.

This practically embodies what someone could call, 'woman logic'.

But my country is whiter than the US :^)
We don't, mail is mostly a mythical thing, and government related letters just appear in your house, when we buy something from Amazon for example we send it to a big place, like your workplace.

Thanks to the US I always know that north is where the gringos live

Leaf, please.

Men BTFO

Maybe its just all the women I've ever encountered but women are really fucking pig-headed about stupid shit. You correct them on something and they take it as a personal insult.

Because i am a man and i understand my position on earth relative to the direction it spins and where it sits on its axis. I am currently sitting facing north west.

>anyone who uses a well established system that I'm too stupid to understand is a pretentious jackass

This is a bigger problem than most people understand.
I know some people who can't even find their way to work and home without using a GPS. They need a computer to tell them every single turn for everywhere they go.

It's cute to be ignorant.

Less people will be causing traffic on the proper evacuation routes during the apocalypse.

My job requires me to know the cardinal directions very well. If I didn't know them people could die.

My kindergarten teacher taught us how to find north. It took like 30 seconds, even the black kids understood it.
How are people this stupid?

why?

because you are an oxygen thief

Survival is for barbarians and rangers. I put most of my ranks into Bluff, Perform (Shitpost), and Forgery.

Am I missing something?

When you tell someone to 'go north' when giving directions you basically said nothing. Is it not much simpler to give direct advice than something vague like go north?

Is this common in burger land or what

It depends on the situation.
Good example of when to use n/s/w/e

The guy in that tweet should also kill himself if hes serious.

Depends on the referential.
If it's fixed (A map) then use west/east, if it's mobile (A car) use left and right.

By what, getting themselves stuck and dying of dehydration or driving into a lake because they chose to follow the GPS's every direction?

arstechnica.com/cars/2016/05/death-by-gps/

I'm pretty confident on my sense of direction and knowing which way north is most of the time, but I would never tell anyone to head north or east or something.

>he doesn't have a compass with him always

>go north

ok let me just pull out my compass and see where north is oh wait

Here in the first world, we build cities where roads run north-south, and east-west. Saying "Go North on A street and west on 1st street isn't vague.

Why do women have such shit spatial sense? I'm not complaining since I'm 5'6" with a 6" dick and girls think my dick is huge because it looks big proportional to the rest of me, though.

But Canada only has 1 road