Can someone explain to me what Barstool sports is exactly? I started listening to Pardon My Take and really like it...

Can someone explain to me what Barstool sports is exactly? I started listening to Pardon My Take and really like it, but it seems like there's this entire culture behind this website that I can't really get into and seems like it's way too late for me to try.

Reddit Jr.

Funny you say that. to try to understand it i went to the barstool sports reddit page and it's so fucking weird. it's like all the talk about are inside jokes and what seems like thousands of different blogs

It's basically a sort of "men's life style average Joe" take on sports, and life in general. They try to inject comedy into a lot of shit and just act like dudebros basically.

Personally I like them, but I can understand why you wouldn't.

i am pretty sure i was one of the first people on this dumb ass blog and helped it spread by accident. this was in 2008

it was essentially just someone (pres) shitposting about boston sports and having other college readers send in hot girls to post their pictures while he lived in his mom's basement.

it took advantage of facebook's algorithms to spread its news constantly. and since this guy had no life he really worked hard to make it successful.

and now it was bought out by Peter Chernin's Chernin Digital Group

Pardon My Take is great, give it a couple of tries.

Company 'pres' is a die hard Pats fan but doesn't know shit about sports.

one bite, everyone knows the rules

>Company 'pres' is a die hard Pats fan but doesn't know shit about sports.
So.. typical patsfaggot

When ESPN went fill SJW people jumped to barstool for their pop culture mixed with sports memes. Now they have their own memes that aren't funny if you don't get the reference, just like Sup Forums and leddit.

Pardon My Take is great, some other bloggers are good/funny, but other than a select few the bloggers aren't that special. The Rundown is a generic copy of PTI, I have no idea why comedy Central picked to air that when KFC is one of the most unfunny faggots around.

It's for men out of college to still pretend they're in a frat even at age 35

It's the worldstarhiphop for Frat guys. I mean they post some funny shit and started the whole "Saturday is for the boys" trend but they occasionally jerk each other off with things that they only find funny. EX: "Pro Bowl Punter Pat Mcafee has retired from the NFL to join Barstool Sports!" real fucking XDDD type of shit sometimes but it's worth the follow

cringeworthy "frat boy" stuff but still a welcome alternative to your espns and such

Deadspin but replace the SJW shit with douchebagery

Sports, boobs, more balanced than Fox News or CNN.

It's not the worst website, but it's better than Deadspin.

Protip: Avoid Feitelberg's blogs. He's by and far the worst blogger on the fucking site.

So is Pardon My Take just making fun of the rest of Barstool then? The whole premise of the show is a satire of bros and hot take culture.

I miss early Deadspin before the SJW shit and tabloidization

>jerry will never come back

He is back

Barstool has some shitty bloggers but as a whole they are the most hated yet still semi mainstream sports media out there. Funny enough they bring up Sup Forums occasionally and all of them seem very scared of it but I think the Pardon My Take guys are a total hit with the average Sup Forums user. If you arent a boston fan though I imagine its tough to like these guys though they are trying to go nationwide.

i find it funny how the average Sup Forums user cant wrap their minds around something like barstoolsports. even go as far as bash them. You know who bashes barstool? sjw, feminists, 'mainstream media'. It's something else how fucking Sup Forums is also against the site.

>they don't like it they must be SJW XDDDD

you are worse than the Sup Forums boogeyman fucks. kill yourself

>stop liking what I don't like

PFT seems like a Sup Forums guy

look kiddo

i was on Sup Forums in 2005, on barstool in 2008

i was on your favorite website before you knew it existed, whether it's pitchfork, zerohedge, or whatever dumbass site you go to.

once you get used to this internet thing you learn that most sites 'sell out' and lose their original editorial voice. they either sell or become a shell of their former selves.

you learn that money corrupts and that your favorite blogger has a family to feed and deep down was driven to start their website because they're a borderline sociopath faggot loser who wants attention

call me a contrarian hipster bitch, i don't care. i look for real, authentic voices constantly.

barstool doesn't add much to the conversation, and hasn't for years. and now they sold out, deal with it.

PFT has talked about Sup Forums before on the podcast, I doubt he posts here now, but he definitely used to.

Show me where I implied that you illiterate cocksucker.

Pro tip:

You cant

maybe he was the guy who started the meme on here

I could see it