Is it true that americans with french family names are ashamed of their name...

Is it true that americans with french family names are ashamed of their name? Or when they have french ancestry they usually hide it?
I thought you guys liked us but I don't know anymore with what I read here

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/blogs/prospero/2015/09/johnson-bilingualism-america
youtube.com/watch?v=h_z976xnmgc
youtube.com/watch?v=SUgmw5AG2WA
youtu.be/SUgmw5AG2WA?t=26m21s
filae.com/nom-de-famille/thuot.html
nom-famille.com/nom-duval.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

France, I'm going to be honest with you here. I have mixed feelings about this country, sometimes I hate it, sometimes I like it. However, I am not ashamed of my French heritage. I am quite angry that my fellow Americans cannot pronounce my name correctly and I really want to change it to something more Anglicized. Aside from this, no, I don't hate you. I love you. America is a completely different matter though.

1 no
2 no
3 what you read here is false

>tfw distant Acadian ancestry

I wish it was more recent, it's too small to even muh heritage about

No it's not. People in America never shut up about our heritages Everywhere you go people are like "Well, I'm 1/5th Irish, 2/5 German, 8/3 Swedish and 1/1000 native American!!"

French, German and Irish last names are really fucking common.

>Is it true that americans with french family names are ashamed of their name? Or when they have french ancestry they usually hide it?
>I thought you guys liked us but I don't know anymore with what I read here

Yes.

In 2012, Mitt Romney was slashed for being able speak French during their presidential election.

Uh no? See: the entire state of Louisiana

OUI

I don't think that's true. Most American families have anglicized names (like Drumpf lol) but I don't think people feel badly about the French. There was a short period during the Bush II presidency where people did go into a "fuck France" mode over the so-called coalition of the willing, but that was just really stupid and embarrassing. Truth be told Americans opinions on a country like France are allowed to be so fickle because we don't feel strongly about you guys in particular and are generally pretty ignorant of European countries.

No, this is a meme. Most Americans don't actually harbor any hostility toward the French except for a few Fox News junkies with room temperature IQs.

Americans are triggered by bilingualism.

economist.com/blogs/prospero/2015/09/johnson-bilingualism-america

I don't remember anybody taking that Newt Gingrich ad seriously

>not bending over for Mexican borderjumpers who can't integrate properly and demand their own special government documents and signage is being triggered by bilingualism

>be me
>-my construction workers talk in Guarani, I feel nothing
>-In the bus two Bolivian women are talking in quechua or aymara, I feel nothing except some curiosity

>be American, see people talking in Spanish
"Yo, mathafucka, why wont you be speaking American in this country?"

they should learn to mind their own business.

HAHAHAHAHAHA LA REPUBLICA AMERINDIA DE ARGENTINA Y BOLIVIA

Spanish is not an indigenous language to almost all of the US you dumbfuck.

Friendly reminder that only medias and Parisians sub humans talk shit on Americans
You guys are bros
Homemade HD pepe as proof we are best allies

I just don't know what to think about anymore. The whole world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.

Pero eso nunca pasaria debido a que todos hablan español aqui, seria al contrario.
>estadounidense dice algo en ingles
>que wey? No entiendo
En serio hace como 2 meses que no hablo ingles

Talk for yourself, John-Pierre.

Thanks Fronce

dumb yank

This never happens unless you live by racist white trash. No one cares what language you're speaking to your friends/family. However, if you go to a service or business and demand to be attended in a foreign language then people will tell you to fuck off or learn english. Same if you just expect someone to speak your language, they'll ask you to speak english. And no, it's not just spanish, take a look at this.
youtube.com/watch?v=h_z976xnmgc

CHI

THIS
I remember they said he "looked french" to destroy his candidature and make him hated by the people

this documentary explains it well how much they actually hate us : youtube.com/watch?v=SUgmw5AG2WA

is bernard a frenchy name? anyways. nah.

ta mère rachid

>honhon

C'mon don't be like that
You'll always be special

was this the documentary that claimed that the french sided with the americans only to fuck with the eternal anglo

i'm pretty sure that wasn't the only reason

no pas du tout i can't escrive le francais for merde aber je parle au peau.

That was actually the only reason at first. This was vengeance for the colonies we lost to the english in the previous war and the humiliation they inflicted us

"Brave Warrior"

damn thats badass. i didn't even know that.

holy shit, it's almost all over the world.
it must be like the french equivalent of Smith.

>jalousie pour notre mode de vie plutôt, notre géographie, etc...
lmao

It is the second most common. First is "Martin".
But to everyone John Smith in french is still Jean Dubois even though Dubois is 8th in the most common surnames

what?

jkajkakjakjkjakjakjajk the recessive european misters, he was raped in latin thread by the amerindiains jkajkakjakjajk

I don't hate France but I've come to believe that if I go there I'd just be super disappointed by how brown and Muslim it was. Thank you for helping us in all our wars though

c'est un commentaire

ça me fait rire de voir un documentaire sur les français prétentieux et de voir ce commetaire

Yes. Don't come here with high expectations, France is not the France of the 20's people must have told you anymore

Oui il y en a qui vivent vraiment dans un autre monde...

Some of the Frogs here ANGLO'D their last names like the Germs did but that's about it

youtu.be/SUgmw5AG2WA?t=26m21s
to 27:10

fuck americans

*26:21 to 27:10

>those guys are our allies

lmao is Putin's name in French Poutine
love it

>faux news

>literally calling all french people whores and vichystes
and here goes away my respect for the american people

It's the drop of water that make the vase overflows, as we say here

you mean you were ok with the freedom fries shit?

Well they were just making themselves look like overreacting idiots because first it's stupid, and second it's belgian, belgian fries.

Yep. French for them is like the worst language possible apparently.

I have an Italian name and feel the same way

France, you truly are the greatest ally of america. Do not believe what the dirty rednecks say, it is wrong. We have stood shoulder to shoulder in the greatest wars of history and helped each other out in other ways, for example financially. I have always wanted to live in some of the oldest cities in the world, receive mass at the greatest cathedral and I'm sorry that you can not do such things in america. I hope you can see the point I make and that we remain such great friends!!

dude all of this bullshit is so shallow and meaningless to me now
You don't like France and the french people because of the stereotypes you created yourselves.
You're full of shit go fuck yourselves.

same here

If our fellow Americans can't pronounce our surnames, we have no reason to be here. The moment someone cannot identify you correctly makes them, effectively, foreigners. I'd rather be living in France where atleast they could pronounce my surname right.

Nobody likes an invasive species.

My step-brother is american and they all pronounce his surname "her voice" lmao

You have to go back

I speak from the heart, but I have limited writing skills. I have loved the French culture my entire life - though I'm sure that means nothing to you. Growing up in a poor, rural village I have heard all of the stereotypes and name calling, but I'm sure that you've heard americans being called fat and ignorant. It goes both ways

my family name is Thuot dit (of the valley) and I'm quite proud of it. Would like to learn more about my family in France desu

filae.com/nom-de-famille/thuot.html

how common is "DuVal" in France?

Everytime an american talk about french culture he thinks about 1920's Paris, wine and cheese. You don't know shit

Hervaux?

54th most common name
nom-famille.com/nom-duval.html

Hervois

wow, didn't expect it to be so common. Neat.

Funny, I live in a village called "le Val"

A buddy had the last name Deveraux. I didn't think it was that hard to pronounce.

Not like Rodriguez is.

I've never heard of that before.

Bullshit, what people didn't like about him was that he was a Mormon. Seriously, running him is one of the stupidest fucking things the republicans have done in a while.

>not "the spark that ignites the powder"

You are an invasive species on Mexican and Indian land, retard.
Clapistani cunts are so fucking pig ignorant.

It's pronounced Deh veu ro

I would be ashamed too

Merely a bunch of cucks who voted Macron two days after an attack

If i was Trump i would nuke France to spare American citizen with French ancestry to feel shame

I have a French surname and I'm proud of it. I've never had anyone insult me for it, though I live in the Northeast so it's quite common here. It is really annoying when people can't pronounce my name, but I would never change it. To change it would be like shitting on my father and all his ancestors.

I don't think anyone really minds French surnames in the new world. For European names, anything outside of the British isles is relatively exotic here. I"ve always thought French surnames sounded quite cultured/classy.

Quite ironic for Americans to dislike the French.
Without them they have had their asses kicked in their independence war.

They were already dealing with the brits for 3 years before the french intervention. The french just accelerated the process

Not even a surprise. It's the anglo culture, a big part of it seems to be built around hating the french apparently.