He uses a capo

>he uses a capo
I have seen actual professional musicians (tom petty) use these. They never even bothered to learn all the chords.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QD6NaHforRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>they never bothered to learn all the chords.
>bothered to learn all the chords.
>learn all the chords.
>all the chords.

Are you fucking retarded?

No, I don't think so. Pretty sure Tom Petty is, though. Some good songs, but if he needs a capo, not going to take him seriously.

Haha, brofist to that my fellow Sup Forumstant! Fuck capos! Also, one time I saw this loser playing guitar, with a PICK! Is this the state of music these days? I went up to his face with my eyebrow arched, scoffed and walked away.

I agree.

The amount of chords that exist are almost fucking limitless. You can't learn every single chord.

I never used one playing guitar and in hindsight I kinda feel dumb for avoiding them. How is using one any more of a crutch than using alternate tunings?

>limitless
>can't
Why not just say you suck and get it over with?

12 diatonic notes. Not that Tom would know. You could have a git fiddle two miles long, still just have repeating chords, my friend. Ever listened to Joe Pass? He knew all the chords, that I can tell you.

>You can't learn every single chord.
Check out Guitar George

Different tunings have nothing to do with it. If you knew anything you would realize that a capo offers different timbre options. you could have an open g chord at the 18th fret with alternate tunings, using a capo, having it ring as an open chord.

underrated

not everyone have the finger length to barre

Maybe people use capos because, gimme a second, it's easier? Why does making it harder on yourself to play a song make you better?

That's why you learn how to build chords and just get good at that...literally rote learning chords is the most retarded thing I've ever heard a musician doing. Once you know your instrument and some very basic theory, you should be able to play all the chords within your instrument's pallate.

Maybe Tom Petty uses a capo because at this point hes old and doesnt give that many fucks? What if he uses it out of convenience?

shitb8

Sure. Show as a guitar player who knows every possible chord.

>I have seen actual professional musicians (tom petty) use these. They never even bothered to learn all the chords.
I think Paco did pretty well without doing the impossible - learning all possible chords.
youtu.be/QD6NaHforRQ

>not having insanely thicc gorilla fingers
the fuck is wrong with you

Have you considered that it could be used out of fucking laziness? No one wants to do things that are needlessly complex, so here's a quick shortcut

Maybe they shouldn't play guitar then? You don't see artists using stencils because they can't draw straight lines.

Why does it always turn into a dick measuring contest when you get several guitar players together? This thread makes me want to use a capo as much as possible to trigger autists like you.

you don't? are you sure about that?

Don't take bait threads seriously for your own good.

surely no one is this stupid

I know capos aren't the same as different tunings, I was addressing the idea op expressed that capos are a crutch. I never used one because I thought they were just for people who couldn't do bar chords, but in hindsight I was being elitist like OP. I just threw alternate tunings in there because some people say they're also a crutch for people who can't play well.

If you think that those people are serious you haven't been here long enough.

FUCKING KEK

lol a capo, what a fag

>Why does it always turn into a dick measuring contest when you get several guitar players together?
>guitarists

I think it's safe to say it's not going to be a measure of intellects now is it?

>Guitar George

but hes strictly rhythm- he doesnt want to make it cry or sing.

Have you ever considered that some chord voicings are physically impossible to play without a capo?