Should I Serve in Korean Military for Dual Citizenship

As a Korean American, I have American citizenship but I'm technically supposed to still serve for the Korean military even though I was born in America and only visited Korea twice. If I don't serve, I'll be restricted to visiting the country for only a few months a year until I turn 37.

Having a dual citizenship seems useful. But is it worth serving two years of my youth for? I always wanted to join the military. I just don't know if it's worth two prime years of my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-1_cuSnwdLg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fellow korean american.

Koreans will dislike you for being not pure korean.

Its pretty fucking shitty.

I served an i only can recomend it.
You learn manny usefull things and build up a strong camaraderie you otherwise wouldn't witness

Don't do it.

It could later be used as a reason to take US citizenship away from you. A couple of good buddies of mine were Korean and I know how proud you guys are of being American. If you want dual citizenship then marry a girl and have her keep her nationality. That way you can always live in another country if you want. My advice would be someplace with more opportunities than Korea, like Australia or Russia.

t. dual citizen

Wow I'm pretty surprised there's a bunch of Koreans on Sup Forums LOL

안녕하세요

WW3 soon, fuck off to your countries instead of leeching money from Europeans or you will be thrown in the oven.

I guess this is the advantage of having parents from a cucked country like Germany. When they pull that shit with me just laugh in their faces.

Dude due to life circumstances, I might have to wait until I'm 26 or 27 to serve.

Will I be too old by then to get along with the guys in my unit? Of course I wanna go earlier, but I have no choice but to pay off college debt and get some work experience before going

If Trump doesn't win (peace be upon him) I'd considering serving.

I'm not Korean, I just had a lot of good friends who were. You guys are bros.

I will do my military service this year, been training for it since I was 15.

My advice is, if you want to fight for your country and people, you must first understand why and to what extent!

Is it Korea or is it USA you will die for?

For me it is Sweden, the swedish people and my family that I will gladly lay down my life for!

Fuck the king of my country, fuck the polticians and fuck the liberal jewish media, the ones I'm dying and fighting for is as said - my country, my people and my family!

We need strong, war-abled men in this upcoming war that will happen no matter how much we does not want it to occur!

HAIL EUROPA!

> youtube.com/watch?v=-1_cuSnwdLg - Good video of the SEALS, pretty fucking based Special Forces you got in the US!

Honestly this is part of the reason why. I feel like there's not a bright future in America and the West in general. I just want to return to my motherland. Too bad pure Koreans don't see us overseas Koreans as equals. they just see us as Amerifats or Kiwis

If your going to do it, do it soon. It's always good to have choices of where you can go when you shit hits the fan. My wife has both Peruvian citizenship and Mexican.

I think it does not matter, brothers will always be brothers in arms when the shit hits the fan.

Germany had during the late period of the ww2 many older and younger people fighitng together. It worked fine, so being 27 fighting alongside a bunch of 20 year olds will not be a problem.

HAIL!

>Will I be too old by then to get along with the guys in my unit?
I joined the spanish voluntary service at 28. I wasn't the oldest still. It was great for me tho. A lot of the youngsters looked up to me as if I was a cool guy to hang out while on permission. You'd probably be the "cool uncle" too but I don't know what's the corean mentality.

Like the german bro said, you learn plenty of useful stuff and that can notably distinguish you from the general population these days. The traits you get in the army are rare to get somewhere else nowadays.

Also forgot to say this:

You can get plenty of stuff for free and with good quality in terms of education like language courses and driving/weapon licenses. I got four driving licenses there and a bridge engineering title that apparently has higher value among companies (at least in Spain) than civil ones.

Yea I know Hitler served when he was 25 and spent 5 years of his youth fighting.

Also Spanish bro, yea that's good to hear. In Korea age is a huge deal and people give even more respect to those older than them, so I guess that bodes well for me

Since you speak English you can be a KATUSA, which means you act as a translator/cultural advisor for soldiers int he US Army. It sucks less than the Korean military and sucks more than the US Army.

You could also join the police force or somebody else.

Its your life.

soju juseo

Yea I hear ppl recommend KATUSA a lot. The thing is, it's purely lottery based. Someone who's barely competent at English has the exact equal chance of getting chosen as me.

Fuck all the wimpy services. If I'm gonna volunteer to join the military, might as well go all out and join the UDT/SEALS or Marines that Koreans actually have some respect for.

>two prime years of my life.
Are you really having a great life right now? If not, I say go for it. Koreans will accept you more and you can have another country to move to if shit hits the fan. It does shit is about to hit the fan.

Going to the army builds character, makes you tougher and into a man. You get a sense of camaraderie that you can't get anywhere else. It's a good life experience. Makes you fit also.

If you're having a great life right now than I don't know it's up to you.

Koreans are bro's.

>not a bright future in America and the West in general.
And in Korea there is?

Half the reason the West in general is declining is due to mass immigration.

It does suck that you can't go back to your motherland and be accept by your own people.
They do have a point. You weren't born there and you more about American culture than Korean culture.

Americafag in Korea here.

I've worked with the Korean military a lot, and for enlisted guys, it's pretty fucking shitty. Two years of getting yelled at and being treated like garbage, while getting paid almost nothing and not even being allowed to have a phone.

>I'll be restricted to visiting the country for only a few months a year until I turn 37.

If you don't intend to work there, then this really isn't so bad. Living there as a 교포 kinda sucks anyway.

are you an anchor baby? someone born in america who's a legit US citizen does not have to serve in a foreign military. something with your parents' status is fucked up.

I have nothing but love for my fellow Americans and basically everyone in the world. I don't care if you're white or whatever, if you live life respectably and you're respectable to me, then we can get along just fine.

But unfortunately I feel like there's not a bright economic future in this country and the West. With a weaker economy and rising tensions due to multi-cult and mass immigration, xenophobia and tensions between races will rise. It's unfortunate that I'll probably be caught in the crossfire.

I don't think Korea particularly has a brighter future. I just know that if shit hits the fan, it's a country I can go to escape civil unrest and economic collapse. Problem is, if America ever gets in trouble, it means trouble for South Korea too.... lol

No.

Based on what I've heard life for conscripts in the Korean army is really shitty. You get treated like shit, bullied by senior ranks, and paid next to nothing.

Korea is a country with Jus Sanguinis citizenship. Even though I was born in America, the fact that my parents were Korean citizens at my birth means that they still claim me as their citizen.

It's a fucked up situation. My parents never went back to Korea for decades. I've never been to Korea for more than a short visit.

The current system means a Korean-Canadian or Korean-Australian or whatever who literally doesn't know a lick of Korean might still be forced to serve alongside a group of Koreans who would ostracize him.

LOL

>Koreans will dislike you for being not pure korean
How can you even tell the difference?

so they still don't have US citizenship? the only thing that could make this a requirement for you is if your parents are still somehow under korean jurisdiction.

They got it a long time ago. Just not at the time of my birth.

I worked with ROK AF when I was at Osan

You'll have a day off once every three months and they can beat you when you get out of line

They didn't give the guys we worked with real ammo, just blanks for their K1s because as one AP put it " too many AP (then makes gun motion to head) boom"

So yeah if you want to hate life for two years, do it

Unless your really into fitness and using knives to extract they soles of your enemies, then join ROK Marines and get to killing

What's the webm of, Rhodesia?

>manners
>how you talk
>etiquette
>how you act

A non-cucked Swede. Truly you are a rare and precious flower.

Hi Kwang