Dawkins set to give speech on radio

>Dawkins set to give speech on radio
>KPFA Radio Berkeley cancel speech
>In a letter to ticket-holders, the publicly funded radio station wrote: "We had booked this event based entirely on his excellent new book on science, when we didn't know he had offended and hurt - in his tweets and other comments on Islam, so many people."
>Science btfo by peoples hurt feelings

bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40710165

Why is hating Islam always called "islamaphobia". Don't the liberal retards know the difference. I don't fear islam, I just want it to go away.

Same with homophobia.

post it on Sup Forums

the latin word phobia has nothing to do with fear, it means rejecting.

phoebus was the roman god of fear tho

If I reject phobias am I a phobiaphobic

Also pisses me off about how hating Islam is somehow wrong. Have any of these cretins ever even fucking read a Koran?

Go read one. Even just the first few chapters, and you will VERY QUICKLY see why Islam is not compatible with the modern world, and why it needs to be expunged forthwith.

This, people get it wrong all the time though because the term for every fear ends with phobia and people are just too dumb to know or care about the difference. It can make for some funny interactions when you talk to them about hydrophobic clothes.

good thing i'm not roman then

phobiaphobic is a thing. its the fear of being afraid.

Aren't all atheists technically islamaphobic

>irrational

No, technically they are Deusphobic. Stop trying to make your precious Islam seem special.

Aren't all Christians and Jews technically Islamophobic?

yes
this is hilarious and awesome... this guy has insulted my religion (Christianity) for fucking ever, and no one gave one flying fuck, and now because some camelfuckers are miffed, he must be silenced. Fucking liberals couldn't find a principle if their lives depended on it.

exactly

>implying fear of people blowing you up and wiping out science by birthing 10 suicidal cretins each is irrational

>Stop trying to make your precious Islam seem special.
The fuck are you talking about? Fuck Islam.

It's not Latin you great big retard
It's Greek: from phobos "fear, panic fear, terror, outward show of fear; object of fear or terror,"
You fucking leftists are just imbeciles

That's because most Christians don't feel that people who disagree with/insult them should be prevented from speaking.

The title says Islamophobia, but you're right. The content isn't about irrational hate or discrimination, it's about feels. He's being censored not because his views are irrational or abhorrent, but because people are offended.

Shame about "higher" education. It was once considered important to show students multiple view points, in an attempt to open people's minds. Now, it's just dogma and indoctrination, designed to create reactionary close-minded zealots.

But so long as he was criticizing the religion of mom and dad, he was a hero. Now that he is insulting poor muslims, he's the villain. The Left is characterized by oikophobia.

>oikophobia
That makes them sound like pigs. I approve!

What annoys me the most is that the station is publicly funded and half the funds they've received are likely from people who would actually like to hear broader viewpoints and free speech.

Little queefs who get offended and hurt on Twitter aren't likely to be payrolling radio stations given that they live off their parents.

Why are we publicly funding radio stations, anyway?

To help educate people. Oh wait...

I am arab and wtf is wrong with you white people?!

Start killing liberal subhumans and you get rid of your problems. Dont blame sandniggers for shit that WHITE PEOPLE created for other while people.

Fuck me...

Phobia is actually greek. For Phobos the god of fear. The Romans had a knock off. Like how Islam is a knock off of christianity.

That never made any sense, anyway. And these days, it's the government paying for rich people's entertainment.

We are unable to kill the true perpetrators of the genocidal push towards massive immigration: powerful jews utilizing social marxism, because they have spun a web of victimization, using the holocaust as their shield to deflect any criticism.

Therefor, we must destroy the tools they employ instead: sandniggers.

he's been outspokenly anti-islam for a while dunno how this wasn't known

Dude wake up. Hes anti religion. And he only criticizes religions for stupid antiquated beliefs they still carry and push on people. But hes not a bigot.

Fair enough!
Carry on.

>"irrational fear, horror, aversion," 1786, perhaps on model of similar use in French, abstracted from compounds in -phobia, from Greek -phobia, from phobos "fear, panic fear, terror, outward show of fear; object of fear or terror," originally "flight" (still the only sense in Homer), but it became the common word for "fear" via the notion of "panic, fright" (compare phobein "put to flight, frighten"), from PIE root *bhegw- "to run" (source also of Lithuanian begu "to flee;" Old Church Slavonic begu "flight," bezati "to flee, run;" Old Norse bekkr "a stream"). Psychological sense attested by 1895.

It never ceases to amaze me that other liberals will defend these swine. It's like they are completely oblivious to the fact that Muslims hate them for being liberal. As a liberal myself I want to keep those mentally ill, murderous shitstains far away from our western culture, with which they are not compatible. You can not be pro-human rights and pro-Islam. Choose only one.

He is outspoken against every religion, Muslims are not special. Their god belongs in the trash with all the others.

Protip: It's not bigoted to hate an ideology.