/swg/ + /fmg/ = Film Production General

Is Arnold Schwarzenegger the greatest actor of all time?

>Useful Resources
learnaboutfilm.com/
nofilmschool.com/
youtube.com/user/filmriot
youtube.com/user/curtisjudd
youtube.com/user/everyframeapainting
filmmakingessays.tumblr.com/
imsdb.com/
screenwriting.info/

>Free Screenwriting Software
fountain.io/faq
story.adobe.com/
storywriter.amazon.com/
trelby.org/
writerduet.com/
celtx.com/

>Active Contests
screencraft.org/screenwriting-contests/
tblaunchpad.com/

>Strawpoll
strawpoll.me/11156564

Nice to have a thread up after a few days. I'm seriously scratching my head at the treatment. I finished the synopsis which was written with very brief details and from the third person. Not for the treatment, I heard it's full of detail but reads like a short story. No camera directions and no dialogue. Thing is, my movie has no dialogue so I'm afraid the treatment and the script will be near identical save for formatting and thus be denied funding.

And on that note, I have a meeting on Tuesday with a media company interested to lend their people, Wednesday got a meeting with a prospective Production Designer/Set Coordinator, the weekend talking to my prospective actress and next Monday with a producer who'll take the majority of this shit off me. Nothing's set in stone yet but.. it's looking good.

And I wouldn't say he's the greatest actor at all but his attitude is nothing short of glorious.
>Wants to be a world-class bodybuilder
>Does it
>Wants to be a Hollywood actor and household name
>Does it
>Wants to be governor of a state
>FUCKING DOES IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>Nice to have a thread up after a few days.
Mate, there were two threads just last night.

Really? I was CTRL+F "swg" every day. Well, I'll look harder from now on then.

What is your movie about? How'd you get so many connections?

The threads get made pretty late and die pretty early now, don't feel embarrassed.

>Movie
Without giving too much, an old lady who tries to hold on to her past.
>Connections
Well, I help out locally, so knowing people will help a ton. The media company came from a friend whom I met in a workshop whose a media student himself. The production designer I helped out when she was doing a short film and needed some free help. I liked her script and decided to give it a go. The producer is the girl of a director guy I also helped with his film for the same reason.

Just go out there and help people, with a smile and be genuine. When the time comes to make your own stuff, you might be surprised with what you find ready to help you back. It's no secret that this industry thrives of networking.

I have a Hitler movie trilogy planned. What are the chances I can get it made in Hollywood? They're all not connected narratively.

>Without giving too much, an old lady who tries to hold on to her past.
Is this sci-fi/fantasy or straight drama?

Yesterday I woke up hungover as fuck after throwing up into a grocery bag on the floor while my new roommates had a huge party. I had vague memories of people being in my room and talking while I was passed out drunk. I don't know my roommates at all, they are hockey Chads that needed a 7th roommate. I feel very out of place and generally isolated.

This experience has given me an idea for a subtle, paranoia based horror movie in which a loner slowly realizes those around him have sinister motivations to manipulate him into something. I guess it would be like a less silly version of Society in a way. I just can't really think of what this horrific plot should build up to. The ending is always the most important part of a horror movie and so many modern horrors drop the ball. Look at The Invitation, excellent buildup to a lame payoff. Can any anons help me brainstorm some ideas about what a group of super Chads could have planned for their loser roommate (supernatural stuff like Society is fine too)? I feel like something in the realm of body horror but I need a real reason, otherwise it won't be disturbing enough.

Straight drama, mystery.

Because now they make these gay as fuck combined /fmg/ threads and I hate it. It kills both types of discussion because it lacks focus and clarity. OP kill yourself I mean it you are anti-art and anti-film

Stay mad, cuck.

Fuck you

Patrick Batefrog?

>Can any anons help me brainstorm some ideas about what a group of super Chads could have planned for their loser roommate
>I feel like something in the realm of body horror

sissfication

Kek, I'll consider it

Make him an anal slut. Fake breats molds and a wig shouldn't cost that much, try AliExpress.

How do you guys come up with creative ideas?

we're smart and unique people

Yeah, but that doesn't help me.

Oh god this'd be hilarious but very... particular. Fetishfuel. You'll definitely earn some really fucked up looks and a reputation if you genuinely do this though.

Maybe soften the blow a bit by having some Junji Ito-tier shit in it. Like the loner is so desperate to find his path or meaning in life that he doesn't just get manipulated but mind-broken, perhaps willingly. Mix in existential issues to make it more palatable than just a movie about a guy who can't stop thinking about being gangfucked by huge cocks at frat parties.

Also, got a handle of how I want to do the treatment. Call me stupid, I never studied this shit, but I realized a screenplay is the story from a technical aspect, explaining all the details etc while a treatment is essentially the same thing but written like a prose-y short story. Like you're reading a book instead of watching a movie.

Live a horrible life. Tragedy makes for a good story most of the time and escapism leads to ideas. After my dad ate my mom my mind started to go everywhere to stop thinking about it.

.... ATE? Story? If you feel comfortable, of course. You can't just post that and expect people not to inquire.

And yes, you're completely right, much like how good comedians have been through some serious shit.

>Oh god this'd be hilarious but very... particular. Fetishfuel.
I've developed two ideas based just around bimbofication, unfortunately I'd never be able to make them.

1. Something in the vein of 80's action films. The galactic high council of the universe realizes that every planet with living creatures has found peace, except Earth. So they send down a bimbo virus dumbing down both men and women, heightening sex drive, and making them more attractive. Think bimbo zombie apocalypse. It's up to two guys (Asian Man and a Black Man) to find a cure and try not to give in to their urges, even their family members are an obstacle.

2. A comic/animated series about an all female superhero team that need to transform into bimbos to access their powers.

>Live a horrible life.
Shut the fuck up.

Honestly a lot of mine come from thinking "What if" while watching stuff.

And that's it?

Oftentimes I'll combine it with something I've experienced in real life, maybe a character will be based on someone I know or went to school with, or be an expy of a character from another show.

My inspiration can come from anywhere. TV, movie, rap album, video game, newspaper comic, etc.

>rap album

how

bum[

not that guy but after listening to MF Doom's King Gheedorah (I don't like any of his other work and was only attracted to this cause it's based on Godzilla stuff) I came up with an idea for a kaiju film about a King Ghidorah type monster that is an alien invader's ultimate weapon. The aliens are defeated but the monster is still alive and humanity fully expects it to be the world ending beast they've heard of, even though the monster has been abused and manipulated by the aliens its whole life. Upon seeing the fear and hatred humanity has for it, it decides to live up to its reputation and actually begins its destruction of the world.

>Thought this was an Arnold thread

Arnold just agreed to be in your film

What role do you give him?

At this point I would like to see him in more dramatic roles, like maybe a Titus Andronicus adaptation or something

>What role do you give him?
villain

Titus Andronicus is trash.

Actually my favorite Shakespeares are Timon of Athens and Troilus and Cressida. I was just thinking of cool old guy roles for Arnold. But I agree, a villain could be very neat for him