Should synths return to the wood style look?

Should synths return to the wood style look?

i hate plastics

what is the most aesthetic synth in terms of form factor?

Other urls found in this thread:

synthsandwood.co.uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buchla 200e

this, modular is beautiful

But user, the Monologue I got last week is mostly made of wood and metal
Just dont buy shitty arturia/novation synths

i dig the look of the arp odyssey. if i had any money i'd probably cop a bastl kastle even tho it's kinda ugly.
that's not real wood

>that's not real wood
yes it is, shitty recicled wood, but will burn and not melt if you set it on fire.
Still sexy AF, dont know why ppl arent selling their shitty volcas to buy it, it will develop a cult following and the price will skyrocket once they stop making them

I sold mine and my volca sample. The bass tones are really good and would work for a lot of modern genres, so I can see them becoming more sought out.
Haven't really found a synth I mesh with though, except a monotron I had in high school that was pretty fun.

Funny, I used many synths and the Monologue is the only one I fell in love with. Maybe because I use it more for leads, my band is some shoegaze/noise hybrid and this synth just cuts through the mix like no other, gr8 when you have a wall of guitars covering every other instrument.

>monophonic synth

literally the worst thing ever LMAO

>he doesn't want a minimoog
plen

Ehhh it's pretty good but it's not groundbreakingly good. Its oscillators sound fairly mediocre for an analog synth, there's not a massive amount of character either, not nearly as nice as any moog or juno/jupiter if you need polyphony.

For the price it's pretty damn good however.

holy shit you are a pleb

that's what multiple oscillators are for

Can we get back on topic?

im very interested in making my own synth with arduino parts

Yes wood is better, gives a more human feel to the device

because humans are made of wood, amirite?

I am less concerned about the machines aesthetic than I am about the sound it produces.

My arturia synth has wood on it you pleb

s h i t b a i t

that's not a real synth though is it, it's just a VST

lolwut it's areal analog synth

There's nothing stopping you from modding your synth.

synthsandwood.co.uk/

You got the limited (more expensive) edition, this is the abomination you can buy now, at least the mini isnt transparent but still looks cheap as fuck

I only found the square wave lackluster and the filters are basic (its not a moog and doesnt try to be) but the LFO is insane and once you get a hold of the how the thing works and how they managed to create a analog synth with current features instead of rehashing old stuff like roland, its awesome

How hard is it to learn how to play a synthesizer if I've got zero musical experience?