Any religifags on here? I'm curious, what are your reasons for believing in God...

Any religifags on here? I'm curious, what are your reasons for believing in God? Can you actually make a decent case for his existence? I want the absolute best arguments for God that you have. Go.

Fug

Faith

How are you existing if not for God? How is anything existing? God made everything.

I exist because of my parents, who exist because of their parents. We know how all life on earth got the way it is, thanks to genetics and the fossil record. We understand how planets form and where stars come from, along with all the elements necessary for life as we know it. It's all a series of natural processes, no God required. But you're asserting a God made everything. Care to back that claim up? How do you know he made everything? Which god? Are you sure it was just one, and not multiple? How do you know any of this? Make your case.

Faith is not a reliable path to truth and knowledge. What else do you have?

And where do think you the first two people came from? How do you think anything at all, just came to be? There is no answer for that aside from God.

>John 1:3
Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

The evolution of the modern human race from previous versions of human races, and those in turn from ancestral ape-like species, is very well documented. There really never was a "first two people". Things didn't just "come to be", there were very specific occurrences, such as the Big Bang which gave rise to our current universe, and the solar nebula, which resulted in our solar system and the planets in it. The point is, these are all well documented, natural occurrences, and while we certainly don't know everything the more we learn the more we realize that "god did it" doesn't actually answer any questions. There's overwhelming evidence to support evolution, and the big bang. What evidence do you have for your god, other than simply asserting that he made everything?

I am part of God, and the God that I am a part of is the Universe.

>mfw did I win

So how do we even know this god exists then? If as you claim it is the universe, then essentially it is non distinguishable from reality. How do you know whether what we observe in the universe is god, or if it's just the universe?

I can get truth and knowledge from books. Faith is believing god exists and not needing physical proof.

But do you believe that god really does exist? And that you are right about that belief? Because just relying on faith or belief is faulty. If all that's required to believe something is faith, then you could justify believing anything at all, no matter how crazy. What makes your belief true?

We are all gods in human form laying this shitty 3DPD but because we are so powerfull we decided to put the add-on Amnesia for a more inmerse experience, now the goal is to see who remembers the whole self first in this sea of self downplaying society we created because we like hard dificulty settings.

>extance of self.

So that guy was shit at explaining things I think he was trying to use the domino argument
Sure we know how stars are formed and from what elements and even that stars dying can make new elements and eventually those elements ( over billions of years)made people but where did the first star come from ? Where did the elements that made that start come from ? It's a cycle that many including myself believe is set in motion by God

> t. Thomas Aquinas

Also theres no evidence that isn't anecdotal that's why it's called faith man isn't supposed to have evidence of God as man isn't supposed to know everything
> t. The book of Job

*citation needed

What if I told you finding out the devil is real is how I found out God is real

If you look at the universe and everything in it, the 4 forces, the various particles and how they interact, the relationship between space and time as a bounded context for which everything ever was, ever is and ever will be in the universe... all of it boils down to just some tens of completely arbitrary ratios and constants.

So exact and so precise are these universal constants that if any of them were to change slightly then everything there is would be dramatically different to the point where stars, planets and life would almost certainly not form.

Such precision in these constants that it is almost as if were programmed into existence.

Regardless of how you feel about the existence of God, there is a high liklihood that we exist within a configured and programmed simulation that was created by a higher being or beings. Such an entity might as well be a God.

Not op but if you told me that, I'd want some good evidence for the devil being real, edge lord

just because it sounds cool that there's an equal opposite to this supernatural phenomenon that you experienced doesn't mean that it's true.

Everything in the universe as we know it came from the big bang. I understand that you can have a belief that it was god that started this, but realize that arguing that because we can't explain what caused X Y or Z therefore God did it is an argument from ignorance. Not having an explanation for something (like the big bang) does not mean we can insert whatever we believe. That's also arguing for a god of the gaps.

Citations are for those gittet so hard with amnesia and a phineal gland so calcified they have become numb to the ethereal world around us.

most of those in human history that have been called Spiritual Masters still are around, but they become beens of such higher vibrations that now only those with a somewhat similar vibration can see them again...

this is what some people call the CrossRoads, where we raise our vibration Hrz in the mind and they down theirs and we meet in the middle where we can download information similar to how you save images here.

The only thing sad about this is that the reciver still had to filter all the core information trowgh his human tanted bais lens and so thats why some books appear contradictory, because they werent able to maintain the same level of openess and vibration for the core to get the whole picture...

This universe is so bast that can handle lots of points of view and types of ways in living, and we are so free to even be able to believe in whatever we want, if you want to believe in limitation so it will be.

How did you come to know that the devil is real? And how does that lead to the conclusion that God is real? Wouldn't proof that the devil is real just simply mean that the devil is real? Evidence please.

Idk, everything I've prayed for has happened, so stick with what works, I guess

The fuck?

Hypothetical: many quantum physicists agree with a "multiverse" theory. If an infinite amount of parallel dimensions exist, then it is very possible one of her contains one or many "God's". However it is just as possible that God doesn't exist in those dimensions. However dimensions exist outside the boundaries of our own rules of physics.

> Everything in the universe came from the big bang
So before the big bang there was nothing like actually nothing then somehow by some miracle there's something I'm not just filling in the gaps here you and I both know that the way of the universe is that somthing must precede other somthings nothing cannot precede something

Either you are exaggerating, mistaken, or the most selfish individual on the planet. If everything you have prayed for has actually come true, then not once have you prayed for world hunger to end, prayed for child sex slavery to end, prayed that all cancer patients be miraculously healed to the glory of God, or that everyone in the world would believe in God and be saved from hell. If you truly have this power, why wouldn't you pray for these things? If you have, then why haven't they happened?

I personally consider it to be undeniable that there is something besides us, that gave the snap for everything, but not as the cristanfags say, I imagine as a clock, simply someone gave rope to work (he gathered all the ingredients for the birth of everything and Pow) we only live a gradual repetition of this, since as the universe is expasible, there are universes within universes expanding beyond the infinite, we are only a case of this cosmic chaos, no matter what we do, no matter who we are is the same Way, no matter where we go, it matters what we do in the here and now, for our own good and for those we want

Oh and also, the so called angels and daemons are nothing but just diferent alien species that played programing with the local apes on eath but they ended disagreen with each other and then decided to leave the now called humans alone and see how they develop on its own, after a while it was decided to decristalize themselves into ethereal from and then recristalize in human shape.

Its true and more and more supported by some scientific nitches... its really no diferent than playing a game and then do a new game without habing to erase the previous.

all the choices and diferent paths coexist simultanerously, and jumping from one save file to another is possible due to "bugs in the machine".

And each time hoping his next leap will be the leap home.

Everything in the universe *as we know it today* came from the big bang. It was a singularity, at which point all rules of physics break down. So it's possible that a previous universe resulted in the big bang - but as of now we have no way of knowing. You are right though, everything in the universe appears to have formed from previous matter through natural causes. So, it's possible that the universe itself behaves the same way. It still doesn't posit the existence of a creator. Or require that that creator be a god. A very specific god from a specific middle eastern religion, much less.

Holy fuck what?

The thing is that everything existed, still ocurring and will happen... at the same time.

you are still stuck thinking time as in linear.

when you start a console all the information there, began to exist, just like the bing bang... the information there is unaware of what became before, but you do.

this universe that happeds to be bound by space and time its no diferent.

For humans time is linear only God exists outside of time

There might be a cause of the big bang, a concept of god which you might believe in.

Religious gods as you know them are obviously man made. Founded at the exact time when humans were intelligent enough to do so and that happened to be written in a man made language. The truth is, the universe doesnt owe you a purpose. The only reason you are here is to be a pawn in the game of evolution. For the slight chance you are not an error, in the trial and error of evolution. The sole purpose you have is to reproduce and hope that your baby has a mutation that might make it more fit for survival and even then only by a minuscule of a fraction.

Theres a reason theres a huge correlation between iq and religiousness especially in the science field. If you knew half the size of the universe and then someone told you theres a man in the sky telling humans on earth not to commit adultery, you would simply laugh.

From a physiological perspective, people are religious because they are weak minded. The hate the thought that we have the same purpose as a random ant walking down the street. Heaven and hell are man made concept, when we die thats it. Our brain dies and so does our consciousness. It will be like being asleep without dreaming. If you happen to think your religion is the truth and the 4000+ other religions are false, please tell me why

also to add, the wonders of science will give you a much greater feel of satisfaction understanding the world and the universe than guessing from a finctional book. Can i just say its an absolute privalige that by the sheer accident i was born into a species that has enough intelligence to understand and appreciate the universe for the limited time i have on here.

because why not

Hypothetically, you are correct. The trouble with hypotheticals, though, is that really anything could be true, hypothetically. So allowing hypotheticals to muddy the waters of what we understand to be true is ill-informed. There could be infinite dimensions. There could be aliens. There could be invisible universe-creating unicorns outside our spacetime. "Could be"''s are useless.

its dellusional and dangerous to the people it influences

It does not follow that because there are multiple universes that a god is possible. Multiple universes are possible because there is one universe, aliens are possible because life is possible, etc.

You are jumping to conclusions.

Fair points might be the best thread I've ever seen on b

Also only arguments can be made for god one cannot prove him or we would have a long time ago as God rarely exists in the realm of mans understanding the rest must be filled with the personal experiences of God that can only be experienced with belief and meditation
Just know that it cannot hurt to try harder than asking around a Chinese basket weaving forum as for the certain middle Eastern religion most religions underlyingly teach the same things which shouldn't be written off as a coincidence

But maybe it is we'll both have to wait till were dead to find out

Nighty night

Double doubs... BRUH

I am not thinking time is linear. I understand that time effectively began with the big bang - and my understanding of this is evident in the fact that I'm not the one positing a god as what caused the big bang. If time began with the big bang, then it is meaningless to talk about what was before it - "before" is a concept that involves time. Even saying that the big bang is when the universe began to exist is faulty, since with no concept of time "before" the big bang it is also meaningless to say it "began".

I am nowhere near a christcuck but i agree on they saying that goes, Human was made in image of god... by that it means our primary funcion is also to create.

Both extremes are wrog, is really no diferent than hard core nationalist vs libtards marxist

both are true at the same time. our eyes are not just receptors, they are projectors, they alow us to project a bast word as our understanding to ourself.
The bottom of the line is that we exist to see how many ways of living there can be, one of the wrong things humans have been getting shit wrong all this time is in the sentence "There can be only 1 way"

if that was the case there would be only 1 human living and after him there would be no need to anything else because there would be no other variables to see.

a universe where the concep of god doesnt even exist is as real and as valid as another universe where he is real and actually talks and shit.

I think you replied to the wrong poster. I'm not the one concluding that multiple universes imply a god, in fact I reject that assertion.

My bad. Looks like you're right... Whoops.

/thread

If God didn't exist, what would be the purpose of "highly" unique and intelligent beings living?

What would be the purpose of those things even if he did exist?

The question your asking doesn't lead to an obvious answer like you seem to assume it does.

i assume u meaning science and religion are both wrong in the extreme? in which case no, science is not wrong. If science is wrong, it wouldn't be science. You wasnt clear on what you meant so i hope that i got it right

You are wrong about the the bottom line of why we exist. We exist for the sole purpose to reproducing and evolving. The univsere doesnt owe you a purpose to your life.

You might have a personal meaning to your life, which could be to educate people, to travel etc but the purpose of your life is to be a trial and error in evolution. The meaning of all life has no answer at the moment and may never have one. It might not even have one for us to find out. Again there doesnt have to be a reason the unverise was created.

The concept of god is not as valid as a god that talks and shit. Science has no answer to where or why or who or what for the big bang. There could be an answer which would be a concept of god, or there could not be an answer. The idea that theres a god who talks is less valid. The language of the universe is the language of mathmatics, not english. The concept of god could be a reaction from another universe (its not but just an example). Not an actual living being who waved his magic wand and can speak english. please dont be so ignorant

I have never had any reason not to believe in god
I'm huge into science absolutely love it and I mean that but there's not a single thing that proves god doesn't exist and if there was I'd love to hear it because I don't want to believe in something that's not real

When it comes down to it I believe in him because of personal experiences and stories from others

What I mean by that is that there's something's that happen that just seem like god is talking to me but hey could just be my imagination

But when I see other miracles of what people have experienced, there's tons of stories of people who have died only to come back and describe talking to family or something

One example of this is a story that was a kid who was like 3-4 died and said he told his parents he was talking to his sister, his sister died right after birth. They never told the kid her name but he knew it after he woke up and described talking to her

Things like that are why I believe

The true langage of universe in imagination, not is ether math or english or feelings... if you can cocive something inside your head then it exist in some way shape or form.

>The univsere doesnt owe you a purpose to your life.
>It might not even have one for us to find out
Fuckng hell user thats exactly what im saying.

its not about finding one, is about creating one

>You want to explore the idea that the world is simple as fuck and black and wite as is literali written in some broken-phone like game old as fuck book? fine you can do it

You cant to explore the idea there is more than meets the old tales and 'see it before you believe it' ? goodm you can also do it

and also al the posible variables along the middle

when i say both are wrongs i mean the obsession about there can be only 1 answer. im saying that all view points are equaly valid and true at the same time and the only thing that prevents the also coexistance of people who have those diferent views is the wrong perception that 1 of those must die for the other to survive.

not sure if i explain myself better this time :D

Bruh i just pray for ppls lost wallets n shit chill my man

>You cant to explore the idea there is more than meets the old tales and 'see it before you believe it' ? goodm you can also do it

kek, i meant to write You Want to explore...
forgive my drunk fingers

You're evading the issue. How do you know God is outside the realm of man's understanding? That's a very specific assertion, surely you have a reason for believing that? Saying that God exists outside our space and time serves one purpose only: it's an attempt to relieve the god concept from having to supply the same proof that is required with every other assertion out there. Removing god from any sort of testable method means that God is an unfalsifiable claim. And unfalsifiable claims do not prove anything, are utterly devoid of value in any truth seeking venture, and are utterly meaningless.

It's all good, spot on post otherwise

i'm more of an agnostic myself tbh, but the explanation of the big bang always confused me. when posed with the question of where it all began, atheists just say "the big bang." 99% of them cant fully explain it, and the 1% that do understand it wont explain it, because it's too colluded and dense with advanced physics that the average person wont understand it if you explained it. but for whatever reason the 99% will just go along with it. almost sounds cultist in my opinion. i thoroughly do want to find a truth as to where it all began, but just as there is hardly any solid reason to put faith in god(s), i find it hard to believe in the big bang.

the language of the universe is math, not your imagination. If aliens happened to be inteligent enough to communicate with us one day, we would communicate through math.

you can create a personal meaning for your life as i said, to get girls, to read more etc but that means nothing in the eyes of the universe. One day you will die and you have either played your part in evolution or not, which is all that matters.

Im sorry but all viewpoints are not equally valid. The viewpoint that theres a god called allah who had a messenger who wrote the quran has 0 validity. It means nothing, its not real.

The viewpoint that a magic green snake slithered round the universe and spunked into the middle of it to make the big bang also has 0 validity. Science is not your college campus where all ideas are welcome and accepted. Until you have some sort of basic evidence to back up your wild idea, its just that, a wild idea. Not even a hypothesis.

Sure you can believe what you want, but in the eyes of science, its absolute nonsense until you have some evidence

The main evidence for the big bang is something called redshift.

So you probably know how everything is moving, the planets are all moving etc. We can calculate the direction they are moving to, and when we take into account the speed of which everything is moving, we can rewind and see that at one point (off the top of my head i think 12bil years ago?) everything started at one spot.

Dont take the name litrally, it wasnt like a balloon popping. More of a balloon would be the universe and its gradually inflating and still hasnt popped so to speak.

Its really intresting and i would definitly look into it. Theres alot of other evidence to support the big bang too

Do you understand how burden of proof works? The assertion that God exists is a positive claim - you have to then provide backing to that claim, not the other way around. No one has to prove that God doesn't exist, the same way we don't have to prove that Bigfoot doesn't exist, or Santa doesn't exist. Positing the existence of something requires proof, whether we're talking about germs or black holes or gods.
If you truly are into science, then surely you understand that there is a hierarchy of what counts as good evidence, right? And at the very bottom of this is anecdote and hearsay. Subjective personal experiences have been routinely proven to be the poorest evidence to base truth on. It doesn't matter how many people report these experiences, the plural of anecdote is never data. The reason is because there could be any number of factors effecting the outcome, usually the conclusions drawn are extremely biased, there's no attempt at controlling to rule factors out, and many others.

Thats what im saying user, if you want to believe in a closed point of view where nothing but your chocen path is the only way to go is technically also as real and valid as anyone else (like the muslim you just pointed out who had exactly the same view as you but with alluha instead of science... you say that nothing else compares to physical evidence and math just as nothing compares for them to alluha).

at least im very glad that you didnt go into ape shit mode as soon as i said imagination is above math... kek, anyway have a good night

nad if you have time seach how many scientist at china and cern suddently got interest in the occult and esoteric stuff

No offense intended. I just took what you said as written.

I understand evolution and the Big Bang Theory and subscribe to then. But what, prior to that singularity that expanded into what we call the observable universe, was there even before that and so on? It seems that when science runs out of explanations people gravitate towards a creator of some kind and I am not closed to that possibility but it does not seem likely. Randomness seems to be the most consistent observable thing.

Honestly with all the science out there, I'm just trying to cover my ass.

Ain't no way I'm burning in hell for eternity.

Consider agnosticism.. a far more enlightened alternative to atheism.. because atheism requires about as much faith that there is no God, as that's the faith you find in a religious person who believes there is a God.

yeah, i think the current number is 13.7 gya. that still doesn't explain that there could be a state in which the universe simply didn't exist until there was an explosion that started it. sure, the suggestion is there, but that's only hypothesizing.

using your example, we wouldn't know how the balloon even got there in the first place to be inflated. it's not like it just got there. if anything, the balloon was infinitely small before it was inflated. the balloon was always the universe, but the balloon was never not there.

i get that the universe is growing infinitely, and that leads to possibilities like the big crunch, and the universe's energy being hemorrhaged and such, but i just don't understand how the balloon ever came to be.

So how do you determine which hell to avoid? There have been thousands of gods worshiped, how do you go about determining the right one - and what if the real god is no god we've ever made a religion for? Finally, supposing you get it right, if it truly is a God it ought to know everything, which would mean it knows you only believe to avoid hell. How do you know it won't fault you for that?

Existence is based on personal perception. We manifest that which we perceive to be reality. If you believe in God, God exists for you alone. If you do not, God does not exist to you, nor you to God. We connect our consciousness to what we choose, which is known as Free Will. There are no absolutes, for such is merely "science theory hypothesis instructions" to limit what we can and cannot "prove" in our primitive studies and knowledge of historical recordings. Such studies do not go that far back in time, thus basing manifestation and existence on science theory is pointless. All that we imagine is real, and exists, and all that we do not simultaneously does not. You alone choose what you open your consciousness into, or reject in the name of "unknown/science non-fact." Your free will is your own limitations to understanding, or your own supercomputer information highway to consciousness expansion. The choice is up to you, OP. Empower your mind, or empower the limitations of humanity on Earth.

science is definitly a realistic a fact based point of view. I get what you are saying, science is as fact to me as the quran is fact to muslims.

But the truth is they are simply wrong, there has to be truth out there and science finds it out in tests and experiments rather than guessing and religious people are too fragile and invested in their belief to acknowledge it and will twist the trust to still make their belief valid. For example adam and eve, since evolution is now a proven fact that occurs, bishops now realise evolution is a fact and say ok adam and eve is just a story with moral value but god still allows evolution to happy. From a physiology perspective its a tactic a child would use

I wouldnt go ape shit, i always keep an open mind but if something is wrong i will just flat out say it lol ik your drunk so that might play a part

The last part is completly anacdotal. Im not sure what occult and estoric is but if theres proof to support it, ill welcome it in open arms, just like a god. Have a good night though user

I've never understood this argument honestly, it doesn't mean anything. No matter how precise the universal constants are, that in no way increases the likely-hood they are like that by design. Without the constants being what they are, nothing would exist and you wouldn't even be able to question the values anyway. It's the same logic as believing God made you win the lottery, something happening against astronomically large odds does nothing but support a theory that free will and true entropy exist

Be it doubt and rejection, or trust and acceptance, we Create. You Will your reality, and create manifest and attract, regardless of if you are aware of this or not.

Well that is the most important question ever asked and we may never know the answer.

But the idea of the big bang, how everything started in one spot is real. It takes a very complex mind to even comprehend the big bang being the start of space and time and before it was nothing, its easy to say, but difficult to fully really comprehend it. I hope in my lifetime science will get a bit closer to finding out

Also there is a hypothesis or theory i cant remember which on how something can come from nothing. Im not sure what its called but its a very complicated idea, something to do with matter, i wouldnt be able to understand it but its a start

Given consciousness is most likely and inherent value when a system becomes complex enough with the ability to process information, God is an eventuality not something to try to prove.

Given the age of the universe, God should in fact exist by that logic alone. (depending on how you define God, but that's my go to choice.)

well good luck finding it out, i couldn't be fucked to do it due to its complexity. godspeed user

Uh, I hate to break it to you, but the only things we actually know about the universe is through science. "Opening consciousness", whatever the fuck that vague term means, is not what allowed us to discover nuclear power, put people in space, map out the human genome, discover our evolutionary origins, solve cold murder cases, invent smartphones, eradicate diseases, discover the origin of the universe, double the lifespan of the human race, to barely scratch the surface. Science did all those things, and you can try to undermine it all you want but that doesn't change the fact that the only way we know anything is through science. Everything else is speculation and wishful thinking.

But consciousness requires a brain. There is no evidence that the universe forms a brain, so where exactly is this consciousness' brain?

There's been multiple TED talks on such ideas. The interesting thing about the universe growing infinitely is how it overwhelming looks flat. It's almost like a paper towel that a drop of water was put on and spread out. We cannot see to the edge of the universe to even know if it's expanded evenly like a balloon, it would just be an assumption on our part. Give that spacetime is influenced by mass and we are aware of dark matter, it's not impossible to believe that there are other universes impeding on ours and creating what we are measuring as math.

That real issue comes to the point when you want to understand the universe but are part of it and stuck with in it. If it is a simulation or such, you are fucked as it will always break down upon deeper inspection because it was never described at that level of detail, if that makes sense. It would explain why quantum mechanics seem random but consistent in their randomness.

It doesn't require a brain, we have only encountered it in such a form so far. I would argue AI will soon be conscious in such a state you could not prove other wise.

You should read up on panpsychism, the idea that all matter holds a level of consciousness, maybe not the type you think of when the word is used but some type. It's thus far been the best idea behind explaining what God is so far. Which to me is fundamentally more important than the question is there a God.

If you can't even define what you are looking for then what are you doing saying you have found God?

oh yeh i didnt mean it was expanding evenly, i just used the balloon expanding as an example over the popular belief of a balloon popping to explain the big bang as people thing its a literal bang.

But yeh this is why i love the universe and science so much. Theres so much mystery in it and stuff that cant be explained yet

There is no evidence whatsoever that consciousness can arise without a brain, hence no reason to believe that consciousness could exist without a brain. Even in the case of an AI, it still would require some physical component - such as a CPU or the like - that would be the brain to the AI's consciousness. The point still stands

Except that matter is a physical component and you could very well be part of a larger being without ever having the ability to observe it.

The fact that DNA replicates, that all systems serve a purpose without being supposedly, "conscious" by the way you narrowly define it doesn't make the argument any less valid. You are merely stating that your narrow definition doesn't allow for it to hold merit.

There's no value add to simple no's, explain why your view of consciousness is narrow. Give an alternate explanation.

Can you even attempt to define God? Or is simple disbelief your best guess.

We are more likely to be within a simulation than outside of one. I suppose you can say God is either whoever created it, whoever has the most control within it, or whoever is in charge of monitoring it

Religion is a faith based thing.

So God is a simple who? What's the point of the simulation? Why was it created? Wouldn't it be completely possible AI runs the simulation and whatever created it died long ago? Therefor no God?

I mean, that sounds all plausible but I always wonder what good is the simulation doing to whoever/whatever created it. Given how flawed everything is, I find it hard to believe it's a simulation based on that alone.

Of which god are you speaking?

That is a bad argument. I could understand having faith that a person would act a certain way if you know them. For example, you could have faith that your SO would not cheat on you, based on what you know of their character. But to have faith that some supernatural being exists, who never shows itself directly, never actually talks to you or anything like that.... that's just not wise. Why do Christians choose to have faith in something that is clearly wrong? And don't say faith.

I think my question is the same as asking drug user, why do you take drugs if you know they're bad for you? And them answering.... because. OK.... well how not doing that? When religious people say they believe because of faith, to me that's the same as saying you have no answer, you know you're not right, but you're going to do it anyway just because....

It's called a leap of faith for a reason. Science will never explain religion and vice versa.

Religion is definitely not about faith. That's one's belief in God. Faith does not require religion at all. The only thing religion is for is control. Given our current values, control requires money, so religions solicit for money. In turn you have the very opposite of what faith requires becoming a necessity.

I was flying around in Heaven in a dream I once had, it was definitely Heaven, it was the most beautiful dream I've ever had by far. I saw someone there, this Middle Eastern guy I can only assume is Jesus but I really have no idea

Science cannot disprove God, but it definitely could prove God if there is one.

>science will never explain religion
Well, I mean, science can explain why humans have a tendency to see patterns even when there is no pattern. It can also explain why the unknown is frightening and why children are predisposed to believe their parents / elders.

Nope. People's imaginations and theorizing did. Science is what we collectively call the collective history of all above mentioned, which yes, we can study for knowledge and build upon for developing tools and further understanding of all "things." If you limit everything in your life to a prediction algorithm in an app, then you are following that road alone in absolute within your mind's reality. If science is your god, then just admit it and be satisfied. God is not defined, and never will be, but we are capable of collective unity and directed manifestation, just like scientists are with collective "science advancements." Even infrared cameras placed in a room with people who did and did not pray, believed and disbelieved in God, showed that 28% of the top of each believer's brain during prayer was lit up red with activity that agnostics and atheists did not show any activity in. Science has yet to understand "Y tho?" Which is why, you ask, why or why not. Not to learn, but to scientifically debate and argue. Your hypothesis is that God does not exist, nor ever did nor ever will, thus you will base all of your thoughts of understanding and hypothesis through such rose-colored glasses. Science does not define human experience, nor spirit, nor will, nor love, nor religion.

Hypothetical. We *could be* part of a larger component (but there's no actual evidence that this might be the case). We also *could be* brains in a vat (but there's still no evidence that this might be the case). If you want to go off of "could be"s, the Marvel Cinematic Universe could exist in an alternate reality, Middle Earth could exist in another, maybe I'm God or we're all God - the hypotheticals are interesting thoughts, but they do nothing to actually provide truth about our universe. I admit, my view of consciousness might be limited - but it's limited to reality and what is supported by evidence. I do not need to give any alternative explanation, you need to explain why you think that consciousness is more than an emergent property of brains. By God I refer to the god most monotheistic religions ascribe to, the proposed creator of the universe, usually infinitely powerful infinitely intelligent and existing in every dimension simultaneously.

>infrared cameras placed in a room with people who did and did not pray, believed and disbelieved in God, showed that 28% of the top of each believer's brain during prayer was lit up red with activity that agnostics and atheists did not show any activity in
I'm going to need to see some citations for this one user