I need a new mp3 player. I've had the Fiio X1 for years and I like it, but the 5000 song limit on your library is gay...

I need a new mp3 player. I've had the Fiio X1 for years and I like it, but the 5000 song limit on your library is gay. What should I get?

Other urls found in this thread:

fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40666
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sony Walkman NWZ-A17
-reads almost all formats
-64GB built-in memory + an extra 128GB available with micro SD card
-long battery life
-costs only a couple hundred bucks

Just use a phone with expandable storage dude, download straight to device. Its so much easier, and you also have a phone

It's much more convenient to have a dedicated device for music.

Why? Because of the image you try to create?

Is it just me or is ask.fm's spotify player down?

xduoo x3

Not him but for me it's because often at house parties and such events I'll be asked to plug my phone to some speakers to play music for everyone, which I'm fine with, but then I have to spend the whole party without my phone, not to mention how shitty it is when someone calls you and the music is interrupted. Also my phone has a shit DAC

That's the normiest thing i've read in the entire two weeks i've been visiting this site

>Going to parties
Kek

Also if someones calling me im gonna have to pause the music anyways, I cant focus on both

I got a 200 GB card for my phone

No the normiest thing is you admitting youve only been browsing for 2 weeks

is that way kiddo

>Also if someones calling me im gonna have to pause the music anyways, I cant focus on both
Not sure what you mean by this, it's not like I'm DJing, why would I pause the music?

No such thing as a 1TB MP3 player to my knowledge.

Why would I listen to music half assed? If im in a call, I pause the music.

>lol dae patrician desu senpai

Get a smart phone

ipod classic, the only option.

Nice dubs, but that thing is gone from the apple store and expensive as fuck from a second hand retailer (cult thing or whatever)

My phones shit and has like 10℅ the volume of my mp3

>No such thing as a 1TB MP3 player to my knowledge.

Sadly, no. A 1TB mp3 player would be the size of an external hard drive for your PC.

Love to have one, though.

Get a better phone then

The volume issue, plus my phone already dies too quickly. My mp3 will last days

i'd be fine with that. i used to tote around a walkman with no qualms

the song limit was removed years ago, I have around 15000 on my X1 as of now.
update your firmware user

I just read that the 2nd gen Fiio X1s fixed the song limit and it's like $200 cheaper than the Walkman NWZ A17. What makes the walkman so much better?

Even on the 1st generation? I checked about a year ago and had the most current firmware

yup, I ordered mine when it was announced they would revoke the limit 2 years ago fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40666

Get a new phone, spend what you would spend on an mp3, on a new phone. Itll be worth it dude

second gen x1 is garbage according to consumer reviews

that's interesting, was thinking of upgrading from 1st gen. what's the issue with it?

The only thing I've read is that it lags a bit

not that guy. but to my understanding the only real upgrade seems to be the integration of bluetooth and slicker design.
personally I think the physical wheel is one of the best things about the X1 and wouldn't wanna "upgrade" to the touch wheel.
a big reason why I've stuck to mp3 players is so that I don't have to mess around with unreliable touch controls

Still using my 8 year old ipod classic, it's almost full but still works fantastically after all these years.

I hope you guys enjoy hearing loss.

just rockbox it nigger

i got one off ebay with a new smartphone battery so lasts longer and 256gb flash storage opposed to mechanical hard drive for £215 roughly so all and all not bad currently got 25,000 songs on it

Phones have shit DACs

Get rid of like 4000 songs

Bought a Cowon Plenue D for $200 a month or two ago and I'm extremely satisfied with it. If you poke around with the EQ, you'll likely blow your eardrums out.

I'd recommend going for a portable DAC/Amp to use with your phone, in which case I'd suggest the xDuoo XD-05 or the Oppo-Ha2 SE, but if you want to stick with a digital audio player go with the Cayin N3. I've also heard good things about the Sony Walkman A35 and Astell & Kern AK Jr. but I haven't tried them yet.

The Oppo HA-2 will give you the best sound quality out of those and has the added bonus of being able to be used as a desktop amp, but I think the Cayin N3 has the best value for price.

I liked the Plenue D's design and sound but it was so laggy and I only have 9k songs