Okay Sup Forums

Okay Sup Forums
I need help. I have a situation and I don't know what to do. Here is the story.
In school there is this boy (don't worry I don't need relationship advice) let's call him C. C told me that he molested two children. I, upon hearing this, didn't know what to do. Before this, I began developing feelings for him. When he told me, I was disgusted. Apparently it was twp years ago. One of the kids was his sister, which makes me feel fucking terrible. I haven't told anyone out of fear, but this piece of shit may still be hurting his sister. He told me because I asked why he and another kid stopped being friends. I never found out if the other kid pressured or forced him, or even if the other kid has that much to do with it at all. But he told me what he did, and said it was two years ago. He made me promise to not tell anyone, and said he trusted me. Thing is, I'm obviously breaking my promise. But I don't know how to go about telling. Should I wait until school starts again and force him to tell me the other kids involvement first? (I imagine i'd do this by saying that if C didn't tell me, I'd tell on him but idk if that'll even work, or if he would hurt me somehow for threatening.) Or should I tell my parent immediately? I really don't want to be too involved in any police investigation, and I sure as hell don't want this biting me in the ass later on. What if C is arrested and hurts me when he's out? It may sound paranoid but he seems like the type... So, help. Please give me actual advice. I'm still sort of asking myself if it's a good idea to ask you guys...

Tits or gtfo

If true Post his facebook and pertanant info and let the hivemind handle it. No need for anyone to know where the rumors came from

But dont expect anyone here to do anything but pat him on the back, were a bunch of degenerates

But it would out him one way or another

I considered that too... I'm worried it'll easily be traced back... also ty for replying w/ actual advice

FBI Here, monitoring this thread.

maybe it was consensual? don't jump to conclusions and leave him alone. its none of your business. if the kids were hurt they'll go to the police sooner or later.

The only thing that I can recommend is reporting it to the school guidance counselor and letting them take care of it. It should remain completely confidential.

I doubt they will. They are very young, and why would a little sibling tell on someone they (wrongfully) trust? No fucking way was it consensual, he himself called it molestation. Unless he's illiterate, I don't think it was consensual. It is my business. He confided in me, and now it's up to me to help someone. May sound stupid, but idgaf

Thanks for the reply, I didn't even think about contacting the school

Thanks for the reply, I didn't even think about contacting the school...

I'm assuming that you're living Stateside, so I'm going to elaborate on that post. By US law, the staff is required to report any sign of child abuse to law enforcement. The guidance counselor will keep your report anonymous (again, by law) so don't worry about that.

If you feel unsafe for whatever reason, tell the guidance counselor that as well and if you can, even if it's text messages, record any threat he makes towards you. You can use that in court to get a restraining order.

All the best.

>I was studying to be a LPC before I switched my major

Jump off a bridge please

just leave it alone, really. he might've just been trying to troll you or something. if it was actual abuse the kid would've told someone or will tell someone in the near future. so would the other one.

you must be new, what did I say that was so wrong?

How is this a narative of sexual abuse thag exists? Almost never have i heard that anywhere near half of sexual asult victims come forward

Not op. That seems like the dumbest way to troll considering the shit you can get into. Basically if he is trolling that amount of stupidity deserves a backlash.

>tell someone in the near future

The abuse will continue until the victim comes forward, but that can be tomorrow or ten years from now. If you want the abuse to stop, you report it and hopefully prevent the child from being abused again.

it's none of op's business, OP has no idea what is going on. it could be a happy consensual relationship and could be ruining both C's life and his sister's cause she will miss C by reporting him.

Agreed. My gf was abused over 10 years ago as a child and its caused her so many problems especially with her sexuality. Kid needs help. Tell the authorities

Molestation is not a consensual relationship.

Even if consensual it will mess child up. Working with developmental psychology you begin to understand how it fucks with a child's mind.

depends on people's definition.
you only talk to children whom relationships with adults is abusive cause generally speaking only abusive ones get reported.

That argument is saying that you can tell me that the sky is purple when we both know damn well that it's blue. Labeling something doesn't make it that way.

Great job derailing the thread, you're doing good so far.

I have talked to kids who have had "consensual" relationships. It's not about consent. Introduction to sexuality and sexual contact prematurely alters the way in which the mind develops and functions. Just one common side effect can be the delusion that sexuality is all they are worth. I've dated women who were molested. They always have problems with their sexuality. Even when the relationship was "consensual" its wrong for a reason. Further more I'm not talking about teens I mean just entering puberty or prepubescent. The nature of the relationship also causes problems when it's a power figure and a young child. They may both want it but on a deeper level the mind is altered in the child and it leads to a life of sexual dysfunction and many other complications